main window keeps "fading"

April 23, 2005 1:10:07 AM

Hello,I have windows xp home,since about a week ago,the main window that I
have open keeps" fading" and I'm not able to keep going on it unless I click
on it and then it becomes active again,it happens all the time in all the
windows that I open,like right now writing this,the window "fades" and I have
to click on it to continue typing.It happens with all the
windows,Internet,email ... . I have tried to restore it to an earlier time
when it started to happen but nothing happened,I have scan this thing with
the Norton,the Microsoft Antispyware,(and everything else I can find) and I
can't find nothing.Can somebody help me to solve this??. .Thank you for any
kind of help you can give me

More about : main window fading

April 23, 2005 4:14:16 AM

In news:60069803-4512-41C3-B311-636323E9283E@microsoft.com,
tazdvl <tazdvl@discussions.microsoft.com> had this to say:

> Hello,I have windows xp home,since about a week ago,the main window
> that I have open keeps" fading" and I'm not able to keep going on it
> unless I click on it and then it becomes active again,it happens all
> the time in all the windows that I open,like right now writing
> this,the window "fades" and I have to click on it to continue
> typing.It happens with all the windows,Internet,email ... . I have
> tried to restore it to an earlier time when it started to happen but
> nothing happened,I have scan this thing with the Norton,the Microsoft
> Antispyware,(and everything else I can find) and I can't find
> nothing.Can somebody help me to solve this??. .Thank you for any
> kind of help you can give me

I'm not sure if this will work but it's worth a shot:

Power Toys for Windows XP:
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/downloads/powertoys/...

Download that and use the option to prevent applications from stealing
focus.

Galen
April 23, 2005 4:14:17 AM

Hello,I got to that "power toys" and in the window,in the right there is
"staff" to download,do I download all of them??Thanks for your help

"Galen" wrote:

> In news:60069803-4512-41C3-B311-636323E9283E@microsoft.com,
> tazdvl <tazdvl@discussions.microsoft.com> had this to say:

> > Hello,I have windows xp home,since about a week ago,the main window
> > that I have open keeps" fading" and I'm not able to keep going on it
> > unless I click on it and then it becomes active again,it happens all
> > the time in all the windows that I open,like right now writing
> > this,the window "fades" and I have to click on it to continue
> > typing.It happens with all the windows,Internet,email ... . I have
> > tried to restore it to an earlier time when it started to happen but
> > nothing happened,I have scan this thing with the Norton,the Microsoft
> > Antispyware,(and everything else I can find) and I can't find
> > nothing.Can somebody help me to solve this??. .Thank you for any
> > kind of help you can give me
>
> I'm not sure if this will work but it's worth a shot:
>
> Power Toys for Windows XP:
> http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/downloads/powertoys/...
>
> Download that and use the option to prevent applications from stealing
> focus.
>
> Galen
> --
> Signature changed for a moment of silence.
> Rest well Alex and we'll see you on the other side.

April 23, 2005 10:22:47 PM

In news:367465CA-EFB7-415D-A5F3-2CDA91961E8D@microsoft.com,
tazdvl <tazdvl@discussions.microsoft.com> had this to say:

> Hello,I got to that "power toys" and in the window,in the right there
> is "staff" to download,do I download all of them??Thanks for your help

Sorry, no... Just TweakUI... (I was a bit tired and didn't mention that bit
from the looks of things.)

Galen