Lately everything is lagging

Status
Not open for further replies.

c_babbitt

Honorable
Jun 8, 2012
I have a Dell xps 17 laptop and the main thing I do on it is gaming, now normally it runs fine, even with the graphics on high, but yesterday my computer got abnormally hot and everything started this unbearable lag. I can't play any games and even the menu for the games are lagging out, even when im not doing anything on my computer the fan seems to be running at 150%, to no avail. I tried lowering the graphics in games all the way but that didn't help, then i tried deleting unnecessary things from my computer and even setting my computer to performance mode but nothing is working. What can i do?

Brand: Dell xps 17
Model: XPS L702X
Processor: Intel core i7 - 2630 CPU @ 2.00 GHz 2.00 GHz
Ram: 8.00 GB

goodguy713

Distinguished
Oct 23, 2009
if your refering to battle field 3 .. its EA's fault they did a server side update and every one is lagging now .. as if we had shitty graphics cards .. or messed up internet .. just check the forums any way i dont know when they will fix it but yesterday it was really bad.. more so on the non premium servers ..

c_babbitt

Honorable
Jun 8, 2012

Just checked all of that stuff and its still doing the same thing.

c_babbitt

Honorable
Jun 8, 2012

That's a good possibility... how would i check that?

c_babbitt

Honorable
Jun 8, 2012

I was talking about LoL.. but now that you mention it i'm scared to try BF3 xD

sudomace

Honorable
Jul 5, 2012
I'm having this exact same problem. Fan is fine, no virus/malware/spyware, etc. Comp is almost a year old now, never had any problems before. The system itself isn't even getting very hot either. I really can't figure out the problem. But for me it's not just video games anymore, it's everything having lag issues. I checked a lot of programs running in the background and nothing is using much processor power at all, in fact it's only at roughly 10% of the processor being used before I start playing a game, but like I said, it's not just games, it's Word, Firefox, any program I run, when it starts having some kind of program running it starts to lag off and on. Like, let's say I'm loading a web page, the little circle telling me the page is loading will freeze for a second and then start up again, repeatedly and randomly. In Word, I'll go to save a document, I'll click the menu button and the mouse will lock up and the system will freeze for a second and then go back, and it's always off and on, regardless of what I'm doing. I'd LOVE to fix this... Thanks!

c_babbitt

Honorable
Jun 8, 2012

If your computer is less than a year old then your all set, I called Dell and the walked me through how to update my BIOS, which almost completely fixed the problem, and then a few days later they sent out a technician who replaced the Motherboard, fan, and coolant; all for free because I was under warranty. If you have Dell this is the number I called 1-800-456-3355, and if not just call who ever made your computer and they will be able to help.

Status
Not open for further replies.