NIC card settings for Dimension 8250

Hello
I have a Dimension 8250 with Bellsouth DSL with an Alcatel STH
modem and a Linksys router. I have the router set to keep my DSL on all
the time. But when I turn the computer off or on, the router reboots.
Where can I find the setting so my NIC card stays on all of the time? I
have looked in the BIOS but I can't find it there or in the properties of
my card. Does anyone know where the settings are? Thanks in advance.

Doug

"Doug" <dlhuff54@NOSPAMbellsouth.net> wrote in message
> Hello
> I have a Dimension 8250 with Bellsouth DSL with an Alcatel STH
> modem and a Linksys router. I have the router set to keep my DSL on all
> the time. But when I turn the computer off or on, the router reboots.
> Where can I find the setting so my NIC card stays on all of the time? I
> have looked in the BIOS but I can't find it there or in the properties of
> my card. Does anyone know where the settings are? Thanks in advance.
>
> Doug

Can't imagine why that happens. I turn my computer off and on all the time
and it NEVER reboots. Your problem lies elsewhere.

Tom

Does the router reboot when the computer is powered down or turned on? If the
latter, could be a momentary drop in electrical line voltage causes the router
reboot. In any case, none of the NIC settings would have anything to do with
keeping the NIC powered when the computer shuts down.

I have had a Linksys BFSR41here for nearly three years and have never had any
problem with router rebooting. Is the router firmware up to date? Are both
router and computer on a UPS? ... Ben Myers

On Sun, 13 Feb 2005 16:42:29 -0600, "Doug" <dlhuff54@NOSPAMbellsouth.net> wrote:

>Hello
> I have a Dimension 8250 with Bellsouth DSL with an Alcatel STH
> modem and a Linksys router. I have the router set to keep my DSL on all
> the time. But when I turn the computer off or on, the router reboots.
> Where can I find the setting so my NIC card stays on all of the time? I
> have looked in the BIOS but I can't find it there or in the properties of
> my card. Does anyone know where the settings are? Thanks in advance.
>
> Doug

When I turn off the computer, the NIC light and the router lights blink off
and then they come back on, The same thing happens when the computer boots
on. I have both the computer and the router hooked up to a UPS. The firmware
on the router is 1.44.3 dated Feb,13,2003. I had a Dimension 8100 that I
never had this problem with. It was replaced by the 8250 that has always
done this. That is why I figured it was some setting that was not right.
Thanks for your help.

Doug