NIC card settings for Dimension 8250

Hello
I have a Dimension 8250 with Bellsouth DSL with an Alcatel STH
modem and a Linksys router. I have the router set to keep my DSL on all
the time. But when I turn the computer off or on, the router reboots.
Where can I find the setting so my NIC card stays on all of the time? I
have looked in the BIOS but I can't find it there or in the properties of
my card. Does anyone know where the settings are? Thanks in advance.

Doug
3 answers Last reply
More about card settings dimension 8250

    "Doug" <dlhuff54@NOSPAMbellsouth.net> wrote in message
    > Hello
    > I have a Dimension 8250 with Bellsouth DSL with an Alcatel STH
    > modem and a Linksys router. I have the router set to keep my DSL on all
    > the time. But when I turn the computer off or on, the router reboots.
    > Where can I find the setting so my NIC card stays on all of the time? I
    > have looked in the BIOS but I can't find it there or in the properties of
    > my card. Does anyone know where the settings are? Thanks in advance.
    >
    > Doug

    Can't imagine why that happens. I turn my computer off and on all the time
    and it NEVER reboots. Your problem lies elsewhere.

    Tom

    Does the router reboot when the computer is powered down or turned on? If the
    latter, could be a momentary drop in electrical line voltage causes the router
    reboot. In any case, none of the NIC settings would have anything to do with
    keeping the NIC powered when the computer shuts down.

    I have had a Linksys BFSR41here for nearly three years and have never had any
    problem with router rebooting. Is the router firmware up to date? Are both
    router and computer on a UPS? ... Ben Myers

    On Sun, 13 Feb 2005 16:42:29 -0600, "Doug" <dlhuff54@NOSPAMbellsouth.net> wrote:

    >Hello
    > I have a Dimension 8250 with Bellsouth DSL with an Alcatel STH
    > modem and a Linksys router. I have the router set to keep my DSL on all
    > the time. But when I turn the computer off or on, the router reboots.
    > Where can I find the setting so my NIC card stays on all of the time? I
    > have looked in the BIOS but I can't find it there or in the properties of
    > my card. Does anyone know where the settings are? Thanks in advance.
    >
    > Doug

    When I turn off the computer, the NIC light and the router lights blink off
    and then they come back on, The same thing happens when the computer boots
    on. I have both the computer and the router hooked up to a UPS. The firmware
    on the router is 1.44.3 dated Feb,13,2003. I had a Dimension 8100 that I
    never had this problem with. It was replaced by the 8250 that has always
    done this. That is why I figured it was some setting that was not right.
    Thanks for your help.

    Doug

    > Does the router reboot when the computer is powered down or turned on? If
    > the
    > latter, could be a momentary drop in electrical line voltage causes the
    > router
    > reboot. In any case, none of the NIC settings would have anything to do
    > with
    > keeping the NIC powered when the computer shuts down.
    >
    > I have had a Linksys BFSR41here for nearly three years and have never had
    > any
    > problem with router rebooting. Is the router firmware up to date? Are
    > both
    > router and computer on a UPS? ... Ben Myers
    >
    > On Sun, 13 Feb 2005 16:42:29 -0600, "Doug" <dlhuff54@NOSPAMbellsouth.net>
    > wrote:
    >
    >>Hello
    >> I have a Dimension 8250 with Bellsouth DSL with an Alcatel STH
    >> modem and a Linksys router. I have the router set to keep my DSL on all
    >> the time. But when I turn the computer off or on, the router reboots.
    >> Where can I find the setting so my NIC card stays on all of the time? I
    >> have looked in the BIOS but I can't find it there or in the properties of
    >> my card. Does anyone know where the settings are? Thanks in advance.
    >>
    >> Doug

Dell Routers Dimension Computers