Where's all the friggin' software links?!

The broadband networking page at microsoft.com is dead. Where's all the
software? I want to download everything and burn to cd for backup as I lost
my retail cd.

It used to be a www.microsoft.com/broadbandnetworking, where'd it go?
15 answers Last reply
More about where friggin software links

    Follow the links in "How to update your . . . " here:
    http://support.microsoft.com/msbbn I don't know which Microsoft Broadband
    Networking hardware you're running, but you'll see additional links to
    individual products.
    --
    Chris H.
    Microsoft Windows MVP/Tablet PC

    "Jay" <lifestyles@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > The broadband networking page at microsoft.com is dead. Where's all the
    > software? I want to download everything and burn to cd for backup as I
    > lost my retail cd.
    >
    > It used to be a www.microsoft.com/broadbandnetworking, where'd it go?

    When I went to
    http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/broadbandnetworking/10_DLoadMain.mspx
    I was redirected to
    http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/broadbandnetworking.mspx and I cannot get
    to the Broadband Networking page.

    Use the link I supplied in my message: http://support.microsoft.com/msbbn
    --

    "Cary D" <CaryD@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > When I went to
    > http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/broadbandnetworking/10_DLoadMain.mspx
    > I was redirected to
    > http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/broadbandnetworking.mspx and I cannot
    > get
    > to the Broadband Networking page.
    >
    > "Chris H." wrote:
    >
    >> Follow the links in "How to update your . . . " here:
    >> http://support.microsoft.com/msbbn I don't know which Microsoft
    >> Broadband
    >> Networking hardware you're running, but you'll see additional links to
    >> individual products.
    >> --
    >> Chris H.
    >> Microsoft Windows MVP/Tablet PC
    >> Associate Expert
    >>

    >> "Jay" <lifestyles@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    >> > The broadband networking page at microsoft.com is dead. Where's all
    >> > the
    >> > software? I want to download everything and burn to cd for backup as I
    >> > lost my retail cd.
    >> >
    >> > It used to be a www.microsoft.com/broadbandnetworking, where'd it go?

    "Jay" <lifestyles@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > The broadband networking page at microsoft.com is dead. Where's all the
    > software? I want to download everything and burn to cd for backup as I
    > lost my retail cd.
    >
    > It used to be a www.microsoft.com/broadbandnetworking, where'd it go?

    Try here:
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/814445#XSLTH3151121121120121120120

    Mikey

    The official site is now: http://support.microsoft.com/msbbn
    --

    "Mikey" <hoho@yahoo.com> wrote in message

    > "Jay" <lifestyles@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    >> The broadband networking page at microsoft.com is dead. Where's all the
    >> software? I want to download everything and burn to cd for backup as I
    >> lost my retail cd.
    >>
    >> It used to be a www.microsoft.com/broadbandnetworking, where'd it go?
    >>

    > Try here:
    > http://support.microsoft.com/kb/814445#XSLTH3151121121120121120120
    >
    > Mikey

    I wish Microsoft wouldn't break all the links to everything
    on its web site every other month. Would it be too much
    trouble to leave stub/forwarding pages in place of the
    (re)moved pages? It sure would save an awful lot of people
    an awful lot of trouble.

    I just burned a full half hour on the phone to Microsoft,
    mostly in hold queues, but including conversations with two
    different support people (in Bombay), because of this
    problem. I had installed XP SP2, and promptly got a message
    saying that my Microsoft Broadband Networking (for my
    Microsoft brand MN-520 PCMCIA WiFi card) had a
    known compatibility issue with this version of Windows,
    and it gave me a phone number and a web link to get an
    updated version of Microsoft Broadband Networking
    which works with this version of Windows. Here's the
    message:

    Microsoft Broadband Networking has a known compatibility
    issue with this version of Windows. For an update that is
    compatible with this version of Windows, contact Microsoft
    Broadband Networking.
    Contact Information:
    Microsoft Web site: http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/broadbandnetworking
    Telephone: (425) 635-7172 (U.S.) or (905) 568-3503 (Canada)

    But when I went to that web site, there were no downloads
    to be found. So I ended up wasting a half hour on the phone
    to a (toll) number at Microsoft, just to find out where to get
    the download: http://support.microsoft.com/msbbn

    The fact that Microsoft is notorious for doing this soft of
    thing for years, and continues to do it, is just more proof of
    how little regard it has for its customers. Microsoft just can't
    be bothered to care about how much trouble they put
    their customers to.

    (Here's another symptom of that attitude problem at Microsoft:
    15 minutes into a 45 minute OS install, it stops and asks you
    for your TIME ZONE. Cummon, gimme a break! Like it
    couldn't have asked that question at the beginning (or the end)?
    Obviously it could have, if anyone at M$ cared about how
    much of their customers' time they waste.)

    -Dave

    "Chris H." <winxpnews@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > The official site is now: http://support.microsoft.com/msbbn
    > --
    > Chris H.
    > Microsoft Windows MVP/Tablet PC
    > Associate Expert
    >

    > "Mikey" <hoho@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    > >
    > > "Jay" <lifestyles@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > >> The broadband networking page at microsoft.com is dead. Where's all
    the
    > >> software? I want to download everything and burn to cd for backup as I
    > >> lost my retail cd.
    > >>
    > >> It used to be a www.microsoft.com/broadbandnetworking, where'd it go?
    > >>

    > > Try here:
    > > http://support.microsoft.com/kb/814445#XSLTH3151121121120121120120
    > >
    > > Mikey

    Your issues are a reason why I posted the correct location, Dave. I
    certainly raised the problem as soon as I discovered the error, and at least
    they have access now after several very pointed emails spanning several
    weeks. We need to remember that Microsoft dropped the networking hardware
    about 16 months ago, and we're lucky they didn't just drop the support, too.
    --

    "Dave Burton" <dave146@burtonsys.com> wrote in message
    >I wish Microsoft wouldn't break all the links to everything
    > on its web site every other month. Would it be too much
    > trouble to leave stub/forwarding pages in place of the
    > (re)moved pages? It sure would save an awful lot of people
    > an awful lot of trouble.
    >
    > I just burned a full half hour on the phone to Microsoft,
    > mostly in hold queues, but including conversations with two
    > different support people (in Bombay), because of this
    > problem. I had installed XP SP2, and promptly got a message
    > saying that my Microsoft Broadband Networking (for my
    > Microsoft brand MN-520 PCMCIA WiFi card) had a
    > known compatibility issue with this version of Windows,
    > and it gave me a phone number and a web link to get an
    > updated version of Microsoft Broadband Networking
    > which works with this version of Windows. Here's the
    > message:

    > Microsoft Broadband Networking has a known compatibility
    > issue with this version of Windows. For an update that is
    > compatible with this version of Windows, contact Microsoft
    > Broadband Networking.
    > Contact Information:
    > Microsoft Web site: http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/broadbandnetworking
    > Telephone: (425) 635-7172 (U.S.) or (905) 568-3503 (Canada)
    >
    > But when I went to that web site, there were no downloads
    > to be found. So I ended up wasting a half hour on the phone
    > to a (toll) number at Microsoft, just to find out where to get
    > the download: http://support.microsoft.com/msbbn
    >
    > The fact that Microsoft is notorious for doing this soft of
    > thing for years, and continues to do it, is just more proof of
    > how little regard it has for its customers. Microsoft just can't
    > be bothered to care about how much trouble they put
    > their customers to.
    >
    > (Here's another symptom of that attitude problem at Microsoft:
    > 15 minutes into a 45 minute OS install, it stops and asks you
    > for your TIME ZONE. Cummon, gimme a break! Like it
    > couldn't have asked that question at the beginning (or the end)?
    > Obviously it could have, if anyone at M$ cared about how
    > much of their customers' time they waste.)
    >
    > -Dave
  8. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.broadbandnet.hardware (More info?)

    "and we're lucky they didn't just drop the support, too."

    lol - they dropped that 36 months ago...

    > Your issues are a reason why I posted the correct location, Dave. I
    > certainly raised the problem as soon as I discovered the error, and at
    > least they have access now after several very pointed emails spanning
    > several weeks. We need to remember that Microsoft dropped the networking
    > hardware about 16 months ago, and we're lucky they didn't just drop the
    > support, too.
    > --
    > Chris H.
    > Microsoft Windows MVP/Tablet PC
    > Associate Expert
    >

    > "Dave Burton" <dave146@burtonsys.com> wrote in message
    >>I wish Microsoft wouldn't break all the links to everything
    >> on its web site every other month. Would it be too much
    >> trouble to leave stub/forwarding pages in place of the
    >> (re)moved pages? It sure would save an awful lot of people
    >> an awful lot of trouble.
    >>
    >> I just burned a full half hour on the phone to Microsoft,
    >> mostly in hold queues, but including conversations with two
    >> different support people (in Bombay), because of this
    >> problem. I had installed XP SP2, and promptly got a message
    >> saying that my Microsoft Broadband Networking (for my
    >> Microsoft brand MN-520 PCMCIA WiFi card) had a
    >> known compatibility issue with this version of Windows,
    >> and it gave me a phone number and a web link to get an
    >> updated version of Microsoft Broadband Networking
    >> which works with this version of Windows. Here's the
    >> message:

    >> Microsoft Broadband Networking has a known compatibility
    >> issue with this version of Windows. For an update that is
    >> compatible with this version of Windows, contact Microsoft
    >> Broadband Networking.
    >> Contact Information:
    >> Microsoft Web site:
    >> http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/broadbandnetworking
    >> Telephone: (425) 635-7172 (U.S.) or (905) 568-3503 (Canada)
    >>
    >> But when I went to that web site, there were no downloads
    >> to be found. So I ended up wasting a half hour on the phone
    >> to a (toll) number at Microsoft, just to find out where to get
    >> the download: http://support.microsoft.com/msbbn
    >>
    >> The fact that Microsoft is notorious for doing this soft of
    >> thing for years, and continues to do it, is just more proof of
    >> how little regard it has for its customers. Microsoft just can't
    >> be bothered to care about how much trouble they put
    >> their customers to.
    >>
    >> (Here's another symptom of that attitude problem at Microsoft:
    >> 15 minutes into a 45 minute OS install, it stops and asks you
    >> for your TIME ZONE. Cummon, gimme a break! Like it
    >> couldn't have asked that question at the beginning (or the end)?
    >> Obviously it could have, if anyone at M$ cared about how
    >> much of their customers' time they waste.)
    >>
    >> -Dave

  9. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.broadbandnet.hardware (More info?)

    Microsoft doesn't actively monitor this newsgroup - or others they host.
    These are public newsgroups for support by peers.
    --

    "Kerry Liles" <me@completely.invalid> wrote in message
    > "and we're lucky they didn't just drop the support, too."
    >
    > lol - they dropped that 36 months ago...
    >

    > "Chris H." <winxpnews@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    >> Your issues are a reason why I posted the correct location, Dave. I
    >> certainly raised the problem as soon as I discovered the error, and at
    >> least they have access now after several very pointed emails spanning
    >> several weeks. We need to remember that Microsoft dropped the networking
    >> hardware about 16 months ago, and we're lucky they didn't just drop the
    >> support, too.
    >> --
    >> Chris H.
    >> Microsoft Windows MVP/Tablet PC
    >> Associate Expert
    >>

    >> "Dave Burton" <dave146@burtonsys.com> wrote in message
    >>>I wish Microsoft wouldn't break all the links to everything
    >>> on its web site every other month. Would it be too much
    >>> trouble to leave stub/forwarding pages in place of the
    >>> (re)moved pages? It sure would save an awful lot of people
    >>> an awful lot of trouble.
    >>>
    >>> I just burned a full half hour on the phone to Microsoft,
    >>> mostly in hold queues, but including conversations with two
    >>> different support people (in Bombay), because of this
    >>> problem. I had installed XP SP2, and promptly got a message
    >>> saying that my Microsoft Broadband Networking (for my
    >>> Microsoft brand MN-520 PCMCIA WiFi card) had a
    >>> known compatibility issue with this version of Windows,
    >>> and it gave me a phone number and a web link to get an
    >>> updated version of Microsoft Broadband Networking
    >>> which works with this version of Windows. Here's the
    >>> message:

    >>> Microsoft Broadband Networking has a known compatibility
    >>> issue with this version of Windows. For an update that is
    >>> compatible with this version of Windows, contact Microsoft
    >>> Broadband Networking.
    >>> Contact Information:
    >>> Microsoft Web site:
    >>> http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/broadbandnetworking
    >>> Telephone: (425) 635-7172 (U.S.) or (905) 568-3503 (Canada)
    >>>
    >>> But when I went to that web site, there were no downloads
    >>> to be found. So I ended up wasting a half hour on the phone
    >>> to a (toll) number at Microsoft, just to find out where to get
    >>> the download: http://support.microsoft.com/msbbn
    >>>
    >>> The fact that Microsoft is notorious for doing this soft of
    >>> thing for years, and continues to do it, is just more proof of
    >>> how little regard it has for its customers. Microsoft just can't
    >>> be bothered to care about how much trouble they put
    >>> their customers to.
    >>>
    >>> (Here's another symptom of that attitude problem at Microsoft:
    >>> 15 minutes into a 45 minute OS install, it stops and asks you
    >>> for your TIME ZONE. Cummon, gimme a break! Like it
    >>> couldn't have asked that question at the beginning (or the end)?
    >>> Obviously it could have, if anyone at M$ cared about how
    >>> much of their customers' time they waste.)
    >>>
    >>> -Dave

  10. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.broadbandnet.hardware (More info?)

    Yes I know, and somehow that is even funnier.

    ;-)

    > Microsoft doesn't actively monitor this newsgroup - or others they host.
    > These are public newsgroups for support by peers.
    > --
    > Chris H.
    > Microsoft Windows MVP/Tablet PC
    > Associate Expert
    >

    > "Kerry Liles" <me@completely.invalid> wrote in message
    >> "and we're lucky they didn't just drop the support, too."
    >>
    >> lol - they dropped that 36 months ago...
    >>

    >> "Chris H." <winxpnews@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    >>> Your issues are a reason why I posted the correct location, Dave. I
    >>> certainly raised the problem as soon as I discovered the error, and at
    >>> least they have access now after several very pointed emails spanning
    >>> several weeks. We need to remember that Microsoft dropped the
    >>> networking hardware about 16 months ago, and we're lucky they didn't
    >>> just drop the support, too.
    >>> --
    >>> Chris H.
    >>> Microsoft Windows MVP/Tablet PC
    >>> Tablet Creations - http://nicecreations.us/
    >>> Associate Expert
    >>> Expert Zone - www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
    >>>

    >>> "Dave Burton" <dave146@burtonsys.com> wrote in message

  11. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.broadbandnet.hardware (More info?)

    How is it funny, Kerry. That's how public newsgroups are run.
    --

    > Yes I know, and somehow that is even funnier.
    >
    > ;-)
    >
    > "Chris H." <winxpnews@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    >> Microsoft doesn't actively monitor this newsgroup - or others they host.
    >> These are public newsgroups for support by peers.
    >> --
    >> Chris H.
    >> Microsoft Windows MVP/Tablet PC
    >> Associate Expert
    >>

    >> "Kerry Liles" <me@completely.invalid> wrote in message
    >>> "and we're lucky they didn't just drop the support, too."
    >>>
    >>> lol - they dropped that 36 months ago...
    >>>

    >>> "Chris H." <winxpnews@hotmail.com> wrote in message

  12. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.broadbandnet.hardware (More info?)

    OMG. Well, at the risk of having to explain a ;-) to you, I find it
    "funny" that MS takes no interest in their products - they just decide to
    produce them and then dump them. I might add, dump them without actually
    getting them working properly. I appreciate all the work that MVPs like you
    do (I really do) and I have even helped some people myself too along the
    way, but occasionally I get more than a little bent about MS's cavalier
    attitude about stiffing customers.

    > How is it funny, Kerry. That's how public newsgroups are run.
    > --
    > Chris H.
    > Microsoft Windows MVP/Tablet PC
    > Associate Expert
    >

    > "Kerry Liles" <me@completely.invalid> wrote in message
    >> Yes I know, and somehow that is even funnier.
    >>
    >> ;-)
    >>
    >> "Chris H." <winxpnews@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    >>> Microsoft doesn't actively monitor this newsgroup - or others they host.
    >>> These are public newsgroups for support by peers.
    >>> --
    >>> Chris H.
    >>> Microsoft Windows MVP/Tablet PC
    >>> Tablet Creations - http://nicecreations.us/
    >>> Associate Expert
    >>> Expert Zone - www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
    >>>

    >>> "Kerry Liles" <me@completely.invalid> wrote in message

  13. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.broadbandnet.hardware (More info?)

    Thanks for the kind words. 8-) Actually, if you remember back when the
    hardware first went on the market, a couple of the Microsoft guys were
    active in this newsgroup. Of course, Microsoft veered in a different
    direction, stopped making the hardware and eventually disbanded the product
    team in charge more than a year ago.
    --

    > OMG. Well, at the risk of having to explain a ;-) to you, I find it
    > "funny" that MS takes no interest in their products - they just decide to
    > produce them and then dump them. I might add, dump them without actually
    > getting them working properly. I appreciate all the work that MVPs like
    > you do (I really do) and I have even helped some people myself too along
    > the way, but occasionally I get more than a little bent about MS's
    > cavalier attitude about stiffing customers.
    >

    > "Chris H." <winxpnews@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    >> How is it funny, Kerry. That's how public newsgroups are run.
    >> --
    >> Chris H.
    >> Microsoft Windows MVP/Tablet PC
    >> Associate Expert
    >>

    >> "Kerry Liles" <me@completely.invalid> wrote in message
    >>> Yes I know, and somehow that is even funnier.
    >>>
    >>> ;-)
    >>>
    >>> "Chris H." <winxpnews@hotmail.com> wrote in message

  14. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.broadbandnet.hardware (More info?)

    Can you tell me the exact name of the file for the XP compatibility issue.
    Is it MSBNSoftware.exe download found here?

    http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/broadbandnetworking.mspx

    Update the firmware and software for your Microsoft Broadband networking
    devices: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/814445

    Microsoft Broadband Network Utility
    If you lose your Microsoft Broadband Networking CD and you have to install
    the software on a new computer, download the contents of the installation CD.
    To do this, visit the following Microsoft Web site:
    (http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=33104)

    "Dave Burton" wrote:

    > I wish Microsoft wouldn't break all the links to everything
    > on its web site every other month. Would it be too much
    > trouble to leave stub/forwarding pages in place of the
    > (re)moved pages? It sure would save an awful lot of people
    > an awful lot of trouble.
    >
    > I just burned a full half hour on the phone to Microsoft,
    > mostly in hold queues, but including conversations with two
    > different support people (in Bombay), because of this
    > problem. I had installed XP SP2, and promptly got a message
    > saying that my Microsoft Broadband Networking (for my
    > Microsoft brand MN-520 PCMCIA WiFi card) had a
    > known compatibility issue with this version of Windows,
    > and it gave me a phone number and a web link to get an
    > updated version of Microsoft Broadband Networking
    > which works with this version of Windows. Here's the
    > message:

    > Microsoft Broadband Networking has a known compatibility
    > issue with this version of Windows. For an update that is
    > compatible with this version of Windows, contact Microsoft
    > Broadband Networking.
    > Contact Information:
    > Microsoft Web site: http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/broadbandnetworking
    > Telephone: (425) 635-7172 (U.S.) or (905) 568-3503 (Canada)
    >
    > But when I went to that web site, there were no downloads
    > to be found. So I ended up wasting a half hour on the phone
    > to a (toll) number at Microsoft, just to find out where to get
    > the download: http://support.microsoft.com/msbbn
    >
    > The fact that Microsoft is notorious for doing this soft of
    > thing for years, and continues to do it, is just more proof of
    > how little regard it has for its customers. Microsoft just can't
    > be bothered to care about how much trouble they put
    > their customers to.
    >
    > (Here's another symptom of that attitude problem at Microsoft:
    > 15 minutes into a 45 minute OS install, it stops and asks you
    > for your TIME ZONE. Cummon, gimme a break! Like it
    > couldn't have asked that question at the beginning (or the end)?
    > Obviously it could have, if anyone at M$ cared about how
    > much of their customers' time they waste.)
    >
    > -Dave
    >

    > "Chris H." <winxpnews@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > > The official site is now: http://support.microsoft.com/msbbn
    > > --
    > > Chris H.
    > > Microsoft Windows MVP/Tablet PC
    > > Tablet Creations - http://nicecreations.us/
    > > Associate Expert
    > > Expert Zone - www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
    > >

    > > "Mikey" <hoho@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    > > >
    > > > "Jay" <lifestyles@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > the

    > > > Try here:
    > > > http://support.microsoft.com/kb/814445#XSLTH3151121121120121120120
    > > >
    > > > Mikey

  15. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.broadbandnet.hardware (More info?)

    Yes. It is not really a compatibility issue so much as the front end
    software won't work with XP SP2 (the pretty control panel, etc.) and has
    nothing to do with the drivers. If you're using XP to configure your base
    station (by going into the IP address in your browser, you don't need the
    front end software.
    --

    "Anne S." <AnneS@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> [...]
    >>
    >> But when I went to that web site, there were no downloads
    >> to be found. So I ended up wasting a half hour on the phone
    >> to a (toll) number at Microsoft, just to find out where to get
    >> the download: http://support.microsoft.com/msbbn
    >>
    >> The fact that Microsoft is notorious for doing this soft of
    >> thing for years, and continues to do it, is just more proof of
    >> how little regard it has for its customers. Microsoft just can't
    >> be bothered to care about how much trouble they put
    >> their customers to.
    >>
    >> (Here's another symptom of that attitude problem at Microsoft:
    >> 15 minutes into a 45 minute OS install, it stops and asks you
    >> for your TIME ZONE. Cummon, gimme a break! Like it
    >> couldn't have asked that question at the beginning (or the end)?
    >> Obviously it could have, if anyone at M$ cared about how
    >> much of their customers' time they waste.)

Routers Software CD-Rom Microsoft Networking