CHANGING CD KEY

Hi guys

I have a client who has an illegal version of XP Pro Corporate Edition and
wants to go legal. Is there any way yo simply change the CD Key from the
Corporate Edition to the OEM version?

I've found instances where the Corporate Edition can be changed from the
leaked key to the legal key, but nothning so far that can change from
Corporate to OEM and I really don't want to have to delete his current
Windows directory.

Please cc reply to charlton@fix-it.com.au

Thanks muchly

Charlton
1 answer Last reply
More about changing

    Q. "Is there any way you simply change the CD Key from the
    Corporate Edition to the OEM version?".

    A. No. You'll need to perform a "Repair Install" using the new
    Windows XP CD and Product Key.

    http://www.michaelstevenstech.­com/XPrepairinstall.htm

    --
    Carey Frisch
    Microsoft MVP

    "TrubbleMaker" wrote:

    | Hi guys
    |
    | I have a client who has an illegal version of XP Pro Corporate Edition and
    | wants to go legal. Is there any way yo simply change the CD Key from the
    | Corporate Edition to the OEM version?
    |
    | I've found instances where the Corporate Edition can be changed from the
    | leaked key to the legal key, but nothning so far that can change from
    | Corporate to OEM and I really don't want to have to delete his current
    | Windows directory.
    |

    | Thanks muchly
    |
    | Charlton

CD-Rom OEM Windows XP