error. event id 7023

hi.i have windows xp with sp2 and my computer is shuting down every time im
trying 2 scan it.i m geting error 7023.and it says that the ipsec services
terminated with the following error:a socket operation encountered a dead
network.how can i fix the problem???thanks.
1 answer Last reply
More about error event 7023

    DNS fails: restart windows, after you go to start/run, and type CMD, then at that prompt type: IPCONFIG /flushDNS and then :
    IPCONFIG /registerDNS

    --

    Mark L. Ferguson (NOT an MS-MVP)
    FAQ for MS Antispyware version 1.0.509
    "sin3man" <sin3man@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EED9A445-40BC-4898-879F-7BF10D176600@microsoft.com...
    > hi.i have windows xp with sp2 and my computer is shuting down every time im
    > trying 2 scan it.i m geting error 7023.and it says that the ipsec services
    > terminated with the following error:a socket operation encountered a dead
    > network.how can i fix the problem???thanks.

Event Id Windows XP