GF 6800 GT? $399?

This rumour from <A HREF="http://www.hardocp.com/" target="_new">[H]'s Front Page</A>.

"<font color=red>Posted by Kyle 12:02 PM (CDT)</font color=red>
<b>GeForce 6 Rumors</b>
<i>Totally unconfirmed information handed down for generations, or at least since this morning. A new GeForce 6800 "GT" is on the horizon with an MSRP of $399 sporting 16 pipes, 350MHz Core, 256MB of 500MHz GDDR3 Memories, in a single slot solution that should be with us by mid-June. Also there are rumors of a faster 6800 Ultra coming soon with an increased core clock of 450MHz.
</i>"

So that's 4 versions now?

GF6800Ultra (full on 16 pipe card clocked at 400-450mhz)
GF6800GT (16 pipe 350mhz core card)
GF6800non-ultra (12 pipes)
GF6800SE/XT/LX/LMNOP (8 pipes)

The return of the GF4ti 4XXX style of lineup.

- You need a licence to buy a gun, but they'll sell anyone a stamp <i>(or internet account)</i> ! - <font color=green>RED </font color=green> <font color=red> GREEN</font color=red> GA to SK :evil:

dhlucke

Polypheme
Isn't there supposed to be a LX and SVT version out too?

<font color=red>_______________________________________________</font color=red>
Nov. 6, 1971: "I gave back, I can't remember, six, seven, eight, nine medals"

- John Kerry, a Presidential Candidate

I listed the LX, but something like an SVT has gotta be an ATI, unless of course the 'Special' means the kinda special where you require your own bus and have to wear a hockey helmet all day and you've never even seen ICe! :evil:

- You need a licence to buy a gun, but they'll sell anyone a stamp <i>(or internet account)</i> ! - <font color=green>RED </font color=green> <font color=red> GREEN</font color=red> GA to SK :evil:

dhlucke

Polypheme
The QRST version is a 4 pipe 100Mhz version that will be touted as "flagship" for $49.99.

<font color=red>_______________________________________________</font color=red>

Vapor

Distinguished
Jun 11, 2001
I heard about this one being called the 6800PRO, IIRC. A 6850U would be nice...it'll either add needed competition or just add insult to injury (I do not think the R420's performance will be similar to NV40's).

Maxtor disgraces the six letters that make Matrox.

dhlucke

Polypheme
[gives vapor a stern eye]

Did we ask what you thought about the ATI card? Are you being a fanboy?

HMMM!!!

Vapor

Distinguished
Jun 11, 2001
Huh???

Here's what I said:
it'll either add needed competition
meaning the X800 will beat the 6800, but not the 6850.
AND
or just add insult to injury
meaning the 6800 already beats the X800, letting nVidia only add insult to injury with the über 6850.

Either way, I doubt performance of the two cards will be similar.

Maxtor disgraces the six letters that make Matrox.

dhlucke

Polypheme
Just messing around vapor. My sick sense of humor running rampant is all...

I got your sarcasm (enjoyed it too) but tensions are high recently I guess. The loss of humour is just sad really.

I wouldn't be surprised if there were a LamdaLamda version.

Yeah, <b>Vapor</b> I forgot the PRO.

I think there might be 4-6 versions. Covering the same market segments as the FX5950U, FX5900U/NU, FX5900XT, FX5700U and FX5700 all from just one chip.

GeneticWeapon

Splendid
Jan 13, 2003
:frown:

<A HREF="http://rmitz.org/AYB3.swf" target="_new">All your base are belong to us.</A>
<A HREF="http://service.futuremark.com/compare?2k3=2216718" target="_new"><b>3DMark03</b></A>