Removing Service Pack 2

Tags:
  • Windows XP
April 23, 2005 2:29:14 PM

It has been suggested that I remove Service Pack 2 and then run XP
installation disk using the upgrade process in order to remedy a problem
with Adobe Premiere Elements.

The suggestion is that this will cure the problem and then I can reinstall
SP 2.

Is this a reasonably safe proceedure, or is it possible I will create
troubles with XP?

More about : removing service pack

Anonymous
April 23, 2005 2:50:11 PM

It sounds like nonsense to me. If there is a problem with SP2 compatibility
with the Adobe program, Adobe has had a year to solve for it. Maybe the fix
is that you need a newer version. If that is the case, and you don't want to
spend the money - then yes, uninstalling SP2 will solve the problem,

But, it is NOT advisable to run your computer without SP2 though. I would
look for an editing program that IS compatible with Windows XP SP2.

--
Regards,

Richard Urban

aka Crusty (-: Old B@stard :-)