Removing Service Pack 2

It has been suggested that I remove Service Pack 2 and then run XP
installation disk using the upgrade process in order to remedy a problem
with Adobe Premiere Elements.

The suggestion is that this will cure the problem and then I can reinstall
SP 2.

Is this a reasonably safe proceedure, or is it possible I will create
troubles with XP?
1 answer Last reply
More about removing service pack

    It sounds like nonsense to me. If there is a problem with SP2 compatibility
    with the Adobe program, Adobe has had a year to solve for it. Maybe the fix
    is that you need a newer version. If that is the case, and you don't want to
    spend the money - then yes, uninstalling SP2 will solve the problem,

    But, it is NOT advisable to run your computer without SP2 though. I would
    look for an editing program that IS compatible with Windows XP SP2.

    --
    Regards,

    Richard Urban

    aka Crusty (-: Old B@stard :-)

    "John Price" <jlprice05@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    > It has been suggested that I remove Service Pack 2 and then run XP
    > installation disk using the upgrade process in order to remedy a problem
    > with Adobe Premiere Elements.
    >
    > The suggestion is that this will cure the problem and then I can reinstall
    > SP 2.
    >
    > Is this a reasonably safe proceedure, or is it possible I will create
    > troubles with XP?

Windows XP