1. What is your budget?
2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering?
15 inches and up
3. What screen resolution do you want?
1920x1080 or higher
4. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop?
5. How much battery life do you need?
Atleast 1 hour
6. Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)?
Bf3 Starcraft 2 and diablo 3 on at least medium settings
7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo/Video editing, Etc.)
Microsoft office, internet
8. How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need?
At least 250gb and preferably a ssd or an option for a second drive
9. If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links.
10. How long do you want to keep your laptop?
At least 1 1/2 years.
11. What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ?
12. Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons.
ASUS, good quality and they make their own parts. No hp, dell, gateway, acer because I had them before and they broke prematurely.
13. What country do you live in?
14. Please tell us any additional information if needed.
Minimum specs I want:
8GB DDR3 1600MHZ ram
Intel i7 quaz core 2.3 GHZ
Matte screen preffered
G75 has dual HDD bay. Lenovo Y580 can take an aftermarket ODD to HDD caddy. Don't even consider the Y570, the GT 555m is no match for GTX 660m. GTX 670m is last gen rebadge that use more power but only a few percentage better in gaming performance compared to GTX 660.