InQ saying NV40 to be boosted for Ultra

People are getting nervous. And when people get nervous we all benifit, at least when it's this kind of nervous, not the cancel kind we saw in the fall!

<A HREF="http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=15641" target="_new">http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=15641</A>

So ATI bumps up speeds, and nV bumps back.

Interesting to see when the actual cards will ship, since the BIOS will have to be changed before shipping to retailers I would think. Which to me of course means that they are still in oem-partners' hands.

If the X800Pro is avaliable for May 7th like that e-tailer said, then that means, a healthy advance of chips on shelf (not that that's really surprising, just unexpected with the big flourish about having the GF6800U press release <i>SOooo</i> Long ago! *cough* PaperLaunch *cough* :lol:

Maybe GF6800 will hit shelves first to try and take attention away from that.

But basically what this all amounts to is that all those reviews we read 2 weeks ago are now void. Damn Mulligans! :evil:

- You need a licence to buy a gun, but they'll sell anyone a stamp <i>(or internet account)</i> ! - <font color=green>RED </font color=green> <font color=red> GREEN</font color=red> GA to SK :evil:

I doubt it, they wouldn't replace anything at this stage in the game, it's only a quick fix BIOS thing, not a whole part rework. Later models could get something if this generation proves to not handle the transition well. But I'm sure they're heading towards the point where an accepatble chi-deviation # of cards fail with the current cooling setup.

It may mean the fan is running full out more often though and for longer, but we'll have to wait and see.

- You need a licence to buy a gun, but they'll sell anyone a stamp <i>(or internet account)</i> ! - <font color=green>RED </font color=green> <font color=red> GREEN</font color=red> GA to SK :evil:

rx7000

Distinguished
Nov 28, 2003
People are getting nervous. And when people get nervous we all benifit, at least when it's this kind of nervous, not the cancel kind we saw in the fall!
This reminds me of the Evo vs WRX horsepower wars.

Asus p4c800 Deluxe,1 Gig Mushkin PC3200 400 Mhz(222),Pentium 4 3.0 512k 800Fsb HT, Thermaltake Xaser III, Thermaltake Spark 7+,WD 80 Gig 7200,GeForce 4 MX440,Nec Multi-Sync LCD 1830,EG465P-VE

dhlucke

Polypheme
You don't even have a car!

<font color=red>_______________________________________________</font color=red>
Nov. 6, 1971: "I gave back, I can't remember, six, seven, eight, nine medals"

- John Kerry, a Presidential Candidate

flamethrower205

Illustrious
Jun 26, 2001
Lol, I got the mods planned and have a good contact.

Hmm, in the meanwhile, to rice up my bike! Time to put on a big spoiler mwahahahahha!

SEX is like math. Add the bed, subtract the clothes, divide the legs, and hope you dont multiply

dhlucke

Polypheme
You're scaring me dude.

<font color=red>_______________________________________________</font color=red>
Nov. 6, 1971: "I gave back, I can't remember, six, seven, eight, nine medals"

- John Kerry, a Presidential Candidate

flamethrower205

Illustrious
Jun 26, 2001
sh!!t, I meant bike. How's this look: <A HREF="http://www.sfu.ca/~tychueh/rice/spoiler.jpg" target="_new">click</A>

SEX is like math. Add the bed, subtract the clothes, divide the legs, and hope you dont multiply

scottchen

Splendid
Jun 3, 2003
I can't wait 'til they're available for order, Want to see if this core's as scalable as the FX cores, if the 6800Ultra can run at 550mhz GPU... Then... With 16 pipelines...

Damn it, it'll quadrupo my current card's performance.

<A HREF="http://forums.extremeoverclocking.com/myrig.php?do=view&id=17301" target="_new">My PC</A>

hogfather

Distinguished
Dec 9, 2003
Well if the boost is anything like the boost we saw between normal GF2's and GF2 Ultras, then ati could be in for a shock methinks....

XP2000, 512 ddr 2700ram, GF4 MX440, XP Pro

However if the difference is like the FX5600Ultra rev.1 and 2 it may still not be enough.

We shall see soon enough (people should be able to OC a GF6800U to the rev.2 levels) once all the cards are out there.

pauldh

Illustrious
Mulligans are the key to Grape's golf scores. Give him enough of them and he shoots under 100. :smile:

ABIT IS7, P4 2.6C, 512MB Corsair TwinX PC3200LL, Radeon 9800 Pro, Santa Cruz, TruePower 430watt

Yeah, but Mini-Putt's hard man!

Freakin' WindMill! :mad:

pauldh

Illustrious
LOL,

Yup the windmills and all the gravel the spoiled little brat in front of you keeps kicking onto the turf.

ABIT IS7, P4 2.6C, 512MB Corsair TwinX PC3200LL, Radeon 9800 Pro, Santa Cruz, TruePower 430watt

coolsquirtle

Distinguished
Jan 4, 2003
this is bad.... this mean X800XT DID kick 6800's ass :S

RIP Block Heater....HELLO P4~~~~~
120% nVidia Fanboy+119% Money Fanboy
GeForce 6800 Ultra--> The Way we thought FX 5800Ultra is meant to be played
THGC's resident Asian and nVboy :D

flamethrower205

Illustrious
Jun 26, 2001
no, it just means NV's ownage index was less than 1000%. Now it's gonna be PI^100%...yeah!

coolsquirtle

Distinguished
Jan 4, 2003
u've been dreaming/ drinking too much again?

flamethrower205

Illustrious
Jun 26, 2001
Try 48 hours of computer science. You know me and the hash(ish) table are best friends? I mean he goes woah, and I go woah, and then we rehash and go all like (((Integer)o).intValue + 3) % 10 and when that shizzle doesn't work I'm all like ooooooo, recursive call bitch!!!

Sorry....I'm just f|_|cked up.

Love that there is no real ETA, just sometime in May, and then also the note;

<i>THIS IS A PRE-ORDER ETA 05/2004!Item is due Late May and HardDrive.com will not charge credit card until item ships.</i>

Meaning we hope it'll be here by May, but if not don't worry we won't charge you 'til june or whenever it arrives (though you may have to stay commited to the order even if it arrive 4-6 weeks after the competition).

I also love how it "Usally ships: 1-2 days", how can they tell what usually happens if they've never had the product before? :evil:

BTW, <A HREF="http://www.harddrive.com/search.do?searchItemNo=VID+EVG+GEFORCE6800" target="_new">CLICKY</A> links are better.

coolsquirtle

Distinguished
Jan 4, 2003
*passes flame a beer*

time to get HIGH!!!

JoeB

Distinguished
Aug 8, 2003
me likey this part:
"The GeForce6800 will be the hottest video card out this year"

heheh, how true....

cleeve

Illustrious
heheheh the 5600 Ultra Rev.2?

Remember when that was Nvidia's "Premium midrange" offering?

Holy $hit, will they ever be glad when this whole FX debacle is behind them...