Windows Update Problem

Running XP/Sp1. Went into Windows Update Custom Install Mode.
Found two items. IE 6.1 Security Update & Windows Installer 3.1.
Both showed 0 kb & 0 minutes.. I downloaded the IE6 one
which only decreased the count I have to download.
It did not show up in the download history. How can there
be 0 bytes to download? marvo
1 answer Last reply
More about windows update problem

    You cannot install some updates or programs: Go to: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;822798&Product=winxp

    --

    Mark L. Ferguson (NOT an MS-MVP)
    FAQ for MS Antispyware version 1.0.509
    "marvo" <marvonospam@spamcop.net> wrote in message news:epRuLJCSFHA.2748@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...
    > Running XP/Sp1. Went into Windows Update Custom Install Mode.
    > Found two items. IE 6.1 Security Update & Windows Installer 3.1.
    > Both showed 0 kb & 0 minutes.. I downloaded the IE6 one
    > which only decreased the count I have to download.
    > It did not show up in the download history. How can there
    > be 0 bytes to download? marvo

Download Windows Update Windows XP