Internet explorer error

Hi
Can anyone help me with this error .
AppName: iexplore.exe AppVer: 6.0.2900.2180 ModName: kernel32.dll

ModVer: 5.1.2600.2180 Offset: 0001eb33

I can't get internet explorer to start

Regards

Ian

Hi,

Reinstall Internet Explorer. Go to the Control Panel/Folder Options/View
tab, set it to "Show hidden files and folders" and uncheck "Hide protected
operating system files [recommended]". Also uncheck "Hide extensions for
known file types".

Then, open Windows Explorer from Start/All Programs and go to the
C:\Windows\Inf folder. Locate the ie.inf file, right-click it and choose
install.

You may need to either insert your WinXP CD or know where your I386 folder
is located on the hard drive. You may also need to know where the
\ServicePackFiles folder is (usually under the Windows directory).

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

"Ian Harris" <websolutions@NOSPAMclara.co.uk> wrote in message
> Hi
> Can anyone help me with this error .
> AppName: iexplore.exe AppVer: 6.0.2900.2180 ModName: kernel32.dll
>
> ModVer: 5.1.2600.2180 Offset: 0001eb33
>
> I can't get internet explorer to start
>
> Regards
>
> Ian

Hi Rick
You are brillant many thanks solved the problem.
again
many thanks for you help
Ian
> Hi,
>
> Reinstall Internet Explorer. Go to the Control Panel/Folder Options/View
> tab, set it to "Show hidden files and folders" and uncheck "Hide protected
> operating system files [recommended]". Also uncheck "Hide extensions for
> known file types".
>
> Then, open Windows Explorer from Start/All Programs and go to the
> C:\Windows\Inf folder. Locate the ie.inf file, right-click it and choose
> install.
>
> You may need to either insert your WinXP CD or know where your I386 folder
> is located on the hard drive. You may also need to know where the
> \ServicePackFiles folder is (usually under the Windows directory).
>
> --
> Best of Luck,

> http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
> Windows help - www.rickrogers.org
>
> "Ian Harris" <websolutions@NOSPAMclara.co.uk> wrote in message
>> Hi
>> Can anyone help me with this error .
>> AppName: iexplore.exe AppVer: 6.0.2900.2180 ModName: kernel32.dll
>>
>> ModVer: 5.1.2600.2180 Offset: 0001eb33
>>
>> I can't get internet explorer to start
>>
>> Regards
>>
>> Ian

Can anyone please help me. i just bought my laptop and i feel like dumping
it in the trash can.all of a sudden my internet gives the error cannot find
server,page cannot be displayed.it is indeed annoying.the below message also
appears on the task bar.
res://C:\WINDOWS\system32\shdoclc.dll/dnserror.htm
kindly help me someone.
Tony Dixon

Hi

Have you tried contacting your ISP to see if they have a problem?

--

Will Denny
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

"dixonjr79" <dixonjr79@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> Can anyone please help me. i just bought my laptop and i feel like dumping
> it in the trash can.all of a sudden my internet gives the error cannot
> find
> server,page cannot be displayed.it is indeed annoying.the below message
> also
> appears on the task bar.
> res://C:\WINDOWS\system32\shdoclc.dll/dnserror.htm
> kindly help me someone.
> Tony Dixon

TRENDING THREADS