CANT READ JPEG TYPE FILES

My Win XP Hme has a corrupt plug-in.
(it was hijacked and am still trying to recover from it without reloading
original and reinstalling all upgrades.)
What's the plug-in I'm to download so it can read JPEG Type files?
How?
Thanks
--
Ajit
7 answers Last reply

    There is no "plug in",on top of that, JPEG format are found as a photo.

    "Ajit" wrote:

    > My Win XP Hme has a corrupt plug-in.
    > (it was hijacked and am still trying to recover from it without reloading
    > original and reinstalling all upgrades.)
    > What's the plug-in I'm to download so it can read JPEG Type files?
    > How?
    > Thanks
    > --
    > Ajit

    Do you know which file(s) I need to reload from Win XP CD (through the
    Recovery Console?)
    Thanks

    "Andrew E." wrote:

    > There is no "plug in",on top of that, JPEG format are found as a photo.
    >
    > "Ajit" wrote:
    >
    > > My Win XP Hme has a corrupt plug-in.
    > > (it was hijacked and am still trying to recover from it without reloading
    > > original and reinstalling all upgrades.)
    > > What's the plug-in I'm to download so it can read JPEG Type files?
    > > How?
    > > Thanks
    > > --
    > > Ajit

    Hi Ajit,

    Here's an excellent image viewer free for the download.
    http://www.irfanview.com/main_start_engl.htm

    --
    Regards,
    Bert Kinney MS-MVP Shell/User

    Ajit wrote:
    > My Win XP Hme has a corrupt plug-in.
    > (it was hijacked and am still trying to recover from it
    > without reloading original and reinstalling all upgrades.)
    > What's the plug-in I'm to download so it can read JPEG
    > Type files?
    > How?
    > Thanks

    Yes, I have irfan though I have not yet tried it.
    Maybe that's my choice now although I'd like Home to recodnize the JPG file
    on its own.

    Thanks.

    "Bert Kinney" wrote:

    > Hi Ajit,
    >
    > Here's an excellent image viewer free for the download.
    > http://www.irfanview.com/main_start_engl.htm
    >
    > --
    > Regards,
    > Bert Kinney MS-MVP Shell/User
    > http://dts-l.org/
    >
    > Ajit wrote:
    > > My Win XP Hme has a corrupt plug-in.
    > > (it was hijacked and am still trying to recover from it
    > > without reloading original and reinstalling all upgrades.)
    > > What's the plug-in I'm to download so it can read JPEG
    > > Type files?
    > > How?
    > > Thanks

    Bert,
    I tried Picture Viewer.
    It said,
    "Couldn't display "IMPG.JPG" because a suitable graphics importer could not
    be found"
    I guess its telling me what I should look for on the Win XP Home CD.
    Do you know what CAB file this is in?

    Thanks again.

    Ajit

    "Ajit" wrote:

    > Do you know which file(s) I need to reload from Win XP CD (through the
    > Recovery Console?)
    > Thanks
    >
    > "Andrew E." wrote:
    >
    > > There is no "plug in",on top of that, JPEG format are found as a photo.
    > >
    > > "Ajit" wrote:
    > >
    > > > My Win XP Hme has a corrupt plug-in.
    > > > (it was hijacked and am still trying to recover from it without reloading
    > > > original and reinstalling all upgrades.)
    > > > What's the plug-in I'm to download so it can read JPEG Type files?
    > > > How?
    > > > Thanks
    > > > --
    > > > Ajit

    Hi Ajit,

    If you want to use Picture Viewer as you photo viewer right click on a
    file type such as jpg and select Open With - Choose Program - Windows
    Picture and fax viewer, then put a check mark in the box next to
    "Always use the selected program to open this kind of file". The next
    time you click on a jpg file it will open in Picture Viewer.

    --

    Ajit wrote:
    > Yes, I have irfan though I have not yet tried it.
    > Maybe that's my choice now although I'd like Home to
    > recodnize the JPG file on its own.
    >
    > Thanks.
    >
    > "Bert Kinney" wrote:
    >
    >> Hi Ajit,
    >>
    >> Here's an excellent image viewer free for the download.
    >> http://www.irfanview.com/main_start_engl.htm
    >>
    >> --
    >> Regards,
    >> Bert Kinney MS-MVP Shell/User
    >> http://dts-l.org/
    >>
    >> Ajit wrote:
    >>> My Win XP Hme has a corrupt plug-in.
    >>> (it was hijacked and am still trying to recover from it
    >>> without reloading original and reinstalling all
    >>> upgrades.) What's the plug-in I'm to download so it can
    >>> read JPEG Type files?
    >>> How?
    >>> Thanks

    OK Bert,
    I'll try it.
    Will let you know the results.

    Thanks very much.

    Ajit

    "Bert Kinney" wrote:

    > Hi Ajit,
    >
    > If you want to use Picture Viewer as you photo viewer right click on a
    > file type such as jpg and select Open With - Choose Program - Windows
    > Picture and fax viewer, then put a check mark in the box next to
    > "Always use the selected program to open this kind of file". The next
    > time you click on a jpg file it will open in Picture Viewer.
    >
    > --
    > Regards,
    > Bert Kinney MS-MVP Shell/User
    > http://dts-l.org/
    >

    > Ajit wrote:
    > > Yes, I have irfan though I have not yet tried it.
    > > Maybe that's my choice now although I'd like Home to
    > > recodnize the JPG file on its own.
    > >
    > > Thanks.
    > >
    > > "Bert Kinney" wrote:
    > >
    > >> Hi Ajit,
    > >>
    > >> Here's an excellent image viewer free for the download.
    > >> http://www.irfanview.com/main_start_engl.htm
    > >>
    > >> --
    > >> Regards,
    > >> Bert Kinney MS-MVP Shell/User