Gerrard can accept it...

"We scored early on and tried to see the clock out because we were 15
minutes away from lifting the cup.

"But credit to Chelsea they came back and deserved the win."

but some figures here no.

It's amazing all that rejection over Chelsea.
As from the first day I became a memeber of this NG, despite Tobes of
course, I've been collecting insults and all for supproting a team that
plays with 11 players just like the others, but it seems we can't be
successful as the others.

--
The Brazilian Man
* before complaining about my post, just realise you have the option of

On Mon, 28 Feb 2005 11:05:52 -0300, "The Brazilian Man"
<eduNOSPAMliguori@yahoo.com.br> wrote:

>"We scored early on and tried to see the clock out because we were 15
>minutes away from lifting the cup.
>
>"But credit to Chelsea they came back and deserved the win."
>
>but some figures here no.
>
>It's amazing all that rejection over Chelsea.
>As from the first day I became a memeber of this NG, despite Tobes of
>course, I've been collecting insults and all for supproting a team that
>plays with 11 players just like the others, but it seems we can't be
>successful as the others.

ah but you're not a team just like the others.

what you are is a club that has bought a team, not built one.
--

gamertag: chrisflynnuk
Live Line-up: RS3, RS3:BA, PGR2, Links04, SC:pT, Toca2, RSC2, MM3,

Em Mon, 28 Feb 2005 14:33:51 GMT, Chris F <chris@asif.com> escreveu:

> On Mon, 28 Feb 2005 11:05:52 -0300, "The Brazilian Man"
> <eduNOSPAMliguori@yahoo.com.br> wrote:
>
>> "We scored early on and tried to see the clock out because we were 15
>> minutes away from lifting the cup.
>>
>> "But credit to Chelsea they came back and deserved the win."
>>
>> but some figures here no.
>>
>> It's amazing all that rejection over Chelsea.
>> As from the first day I became a memeber of this NG, despite Tobes of
>> course, I've been collecting insults and all for supproting a team that
>> plays with 11 players just like the others, but it seems we can't be
>> successful as the others.
>
> ah but you're not a team just like the others.
>
> what you are is a club that has bought a team, not built one.

c'mon Chris, all players are bought somehow, the fact that this
millionaire have splash the cash don't make the team forbiden to win, why
people call Madrid the Galacticos? Only them are allowed?
have never heard anybody here saying that Madrid had bought their success,
but Beckham, Zidane, Ronaldo, all came for free? Or from youth?
Your note is very controversial.
Bayern Munich bought all players that succeed at Leverkusen, i.e. Ballack,
Zé Roberto and Lúcio, so they also bought their trophies?
Pls be fair.

--

Chris F wrote:
> On Mon, 28 Feb 2005 11:05:52 -0300, "The Brazilian Man"
> <eduNOSPAMliguori@yahoo.com.br> wrote:
>

>>"We scored early on and tried to see the clock out because we were 15
>>minutes away from lifting the cup.
>>
>>"But credit to Chelsea they came back and deserved the win."
>>
>>but some figures here no.
>>
>>It's amazing all that rejection over Chelsea.
>>As from the first day I became a memeber of this NG, despite Tobes of
>>course, I've been collecting insults and all for supproting a team that
>>plays with 11 players just like the others, but it seems we can't be
>>successful as the others.
>

> ah but you're not a team just like the others.
>
> what you are is a club that has bought a team, not built one.

How many players have come through the rankings at Newcastle ck?!

--

"That slow motion replay doesn't show how fast the ball was travelling"
- Richie Benaud

On Mon, 28 Feb 2005 11:45:17 -0300, "The Brazilian Man"
<eduNOSPAMliguori@yahoo.com.br> wrote:

>Em Mon, 28 Feb 2005 14:33:51 GMT, Chris F <chris@asif.com> escreveu:
>
>> On Mon, 28 Feb 2005 11:05:52 -0300, "The Brazilian Man"
>> <eduNOSPAMliguori@yahoo.com.br> wrote:
>>
>>> "We scored early on and tried to see the clock out because we were 15
>>> minutes away from lifting the cup.
>>>
>>> "But credit to Chelsea they came back and deserved the win."
>>>
>>> but some figures here no.
>>>
>>> It's amazing all that rejection over Chelsea.
>>> As from the first day I became a memeber of this NG, despite Tobes of
>>> course, I've been collecting insults and all for supproting a team that
>>> plays with 11 players just like the others, but it seems we can't be
>>> successful as the others.
>>
>> ah but you're not a team just like the others.
>>
>> what you are is a club that has bought a team, not built one.
>
>c'mon Chris, all players are bought somehow, the fact that this
>millionaire have splash the cash don't make the team forbiden to win, why
>people call Madrid the Galacticos? Only them are allowed?
>have never heard anybody here saying that Madrid had bought their success,
>but Beckham, Zidane, Ronaldo, all came for free? Or from youth?
>Your note is very controversial.
>Bayern Munich bought all players that succeed at Leverkusen, i.e. Ballack,
>Zé Roberto and Lúcio, so they also bought their trophies?
>Pls be fair.

if this group was dominated by spansih fans, then i'd imagine the same
would be said. the question you posed wasnt about real madrid, or
bayern muncih, but about why you as a chelsea fan seem to get stick.

all i did was tell you.

of course all players are bought in one way or another, but my point
still stands, chelsea haven't built a team to win things in say the
same way man united did, slowly getting together a solid group of
players who want to play together and do well for the team.

do you think chelsea would have half the squad they do now if it
weren't for roman's millions?

i don't think what i'm saying is controversial at all.
--

Em Mon, 28 Feb 2005 15:02:50 GMT, Chris F <chris@asif.com> escreveu:

> On Mon, 28 Feb 2005 11:45:17 -0300, "The Brazilian Man"
> <eduNOSPAMliguori@yahoo.com.br> wrote:
>
>> Em Mon, 28 Feb 2005 14:33:51 GMT, Chris F <chris@asif.com> escreveu:

>>> ah but you're not a team just like the others.
>>>
>>> what you are is a club that has bought a team, not built one.
>>
>> c'mon Chris, all players are bought somehow, the fact that this
>> millionaire have splash the cash don't make the team forbiden to win,
>> why
>> people call Madrid the Galacticos? Only them are allowed?
>> have never heard anybody here saying that Madrid had bought their
>> success,
>> but Beckham, Zidane, Ronaldo, all came for free? Or from youth?
>> Your note is very controversial.
>> Bayern Munich bought all players that succeed at Leverkusen, i.e.
>> Ballack,
>> Zé Roberto and Lúcio, so they also bought their trophies?
>> Pls be fair.
>
> if this group was dominated by spansih fans, then i'd imagine the same
> would be said. the question you posed wasnt about real madrid, or
> bayern muncih, but about why you as a chelsea fan seem to get stick.
>
> all i did was tell you.
>
> of course all players are bought in one way or another, but my point
> still stands, chelsea haven't built a team to win things in say the
> same way man united did, slowly getting together a solid group of
> players who want to play together and do well for the team.
>
> do you think chelsea would have half the squad they do now if it
> weren't for roman's millions?
>
> i don't think what i'm saying is controversial at all.

i accept your answer, but still think that this is part of the game as we
haven't broke any rule of it, and will keep to myself that the 'stick' is
not fair :)

--
The Brazilian Man
* before complaining about my post, just realise you have the option of
not read it*
a strong fan of Brazil, Palmeiras and Chelsea!
Have fun!

Jabberwocky

"Chris F" <chris@asif.com> wrote in message
> On Mon, 28 Feb 2005 11:45:17 -0300, "The Brazilian Man"
> <eduNOSPAMliguori@yahoo.com.br> wrote:
>
>>Em Mon, 28 Feb 2005 14:33:51 GMT, Chris F <chris@asif.com> escreveu:

>>> ah but you're not a team just like the others.
>>>
>>> what you are is a club that has bought a team, not built one.
>>
>>c'mon Chris, all players are bought somehow, the fact that this
>>millionaire have splash the cash don't make the team forbiden to win, why
>>people call Madrid the Galacticos? Only them are allowed?
>>have never heard anybody here saying that Madrid had bought their success,
>>but Beckham, Zidane, Ronaldo, all came for free? Or from youth?
>>Your note is very controversial.
>>Bayern Munich bought all players that succeed at Leverkusen, i.e. Ballack,
>>Zé Roberto and Lúcio, so they also bought their trophies?
>>Pls be fair.
>
> if this group was dominated by spansih fans, then i'd imagine the same
> would be said. the question you posed wasnt about real madrid, or
> bayern muncih, but about why you as a chelsea fan seem to get stick.
>
> all i did was tell you.
>
> of course all players are bought in one way or another, but my point
> still stands, chelsea haven't built a team to win things in say the
> same way man united did, slowly getting together a solid group of
> players who want to play together and do well for the team.
>
> do you think chelsea would have half the squad they do now if it
> weren't for roman's millions?
>
> i don't think what i'm saying is controversial at all.

To clarify, what chris is saying and what most (non chelsea) fans think is
that Chelsea have bought 200 million pounds worth of players over 2 seasons,
and over 30 players in total (i think) which is WHY they have any hope.

Teams like Real and Bayern are the market leader in their countries Renowned
for spending big on the right player, but no where do they basically go out
and purchase a whole new starting XI if they dont win one season.

Chelsea didn't have the pedigree of championships to live up to for Ranieri
to have been sacked the previous season, he did nothing wrong.

Most teams keep a core of 8 players in the starting XI and just introduce 1
or 2 new players to the starting XI a season so that people know where
eachother are on the pitch, (i.e. Man U and Arsenal)

--

> gamertag: chrisflynnuk
> Live Line-up: RS3, RS3:BA, PGR2, Links04, SC:pT, Toca2, RSC2, MM3,
> SWAT, MotoGP2, Burnout3, OutRun2(Demo), FSW

> To clarify, what chris is saying and what most (non chelsea) fans think
> is
> that Chelsea have bought 200 million pounds worth of players over 2
> seasons,
> and over 30 players in total (i think) which is WHY they have any hope..

we were not so far as you think, if i'm not wrong we were 4th without
Roman's money
first splash (120M) took us to 2nd and now we're for the title.

> Teams like Real and Bayern are the market leader in their countries
> Renowned
> for spending big on the right player, but no where do they basically go
> out
> and purchase a whole new starting XI if they dont win one season.

can you tell me how many Liverpool players are there for the last3 or 4
years? There are times you need to move, and Chelsea had not changed full
squad. Some of our players were old and would be replaced anyhow, or you
think we should stay forever with Stanic, Desailly, Zola, etc?
why don't you think before post?

> Chelsea didn't have the pedigree of championships to live up to for
> Ranieri
> to have been sacked the previous season, he did nothing wrong.
Del Bosque was sacked being the champion, Ranieri was just sacked again,
coincidence or the guy lacks something?

> Most teams keep a core of 8 players in the starting XI and just
> introduce 1
> or 2 new players to the starting XI a season so that people know where
> eachother are on the pitch, (i.e. Man U and Arsenal)
so you've only added 1 or 2 players a season? check your club
website...you might have signed cheap and young, but still quantity.

> --
>>
>> gamertag: chrisflynnuk
>> Live Line-up: RS3, RS3:BA, PGR2, Links04, SC:pT, Toca2, RSC2, MM3,
>> SWAT, MotoGP2, Burnout3, OutRun2(Demo), FSW

--
The Brazilian Man
* before complaining about my post, just realise you have the option of
not read it*
a strong fan of Brazil, Palmeiras and Chelsea!
Have fun!

On Mon, 28 Feb 2005 14:55:48 +0000, Toby Briggs
<toby.briggs@gmail.com> wrote:

>Chris F wrote:
>> On Mon, 28 Feb 2005 11:05:52 -0300, "The Brazilian Man"
>> <eduNOSPAMliguori@yahoo.com.br> wrote:
>>

>>>"We scored early on and tried to see the clock out because we were 15
>>>minutes away from lifting the cup.
>>>
>>>"But credit to Chelsea they came back and deserved the win."
>>>
>>>but some figures here no.
>>>
>>>It's amazing all that rejection over Chelsea.
>>>As from the first day I became a memeber of this NG, despite Tobes of
>>>course, I've been collecting insults and all for supproting a team that
>>>plays with 11 players just like the others, but it seems we can't be
>>>successful as the others.
>>

>> ah but you're not a team just like the others.
>>
>> what you are is a club that has bought a team, not built one.
>
>How many players have come through the rankings at Newcastle ck?!

not as many as should have recently, since we had a barren patch when
the reserve team was killed off for a few seasons.

even so, it's still more than one, which is all chelsea have at the
minute.

besides, i'm not talking about players coming up from the academy,
more criticising the wholesale team changing that has happened at
chelsea since abramovich came in.

chelsea have bought more players in 2 seasons than most clubs buy in a
decade.
--

gamertag: chrisflynnuk
Live Line-up: RS3, RS3:BA, PGR2, Links04, SC:pT, Toca2, RSC2, MM3,
SWAT, MotoGP2, Burnout3, OutRun2(Demo), FSW

On Mon, 28 Feb 2005 12:29:21 -0300, "The Brazilian Man"
<eduNOSPAMliguori@yahoo.com.br> wrote:

>> i don't think what i'm saying is controversial at all.
>
>i accept your answer, but still think that this is part of the game as we
>haven't broke any rule of it, and will keep to myself that the 'stick' is
>not fair :)

well i'm not saying chelsea have done anything wrong, any club who got
a massive bank account overnight would have done exactly the same
thing.

and you'll always get stick in football if you make yourself a target,
which chelsea have done.
--

"The Brazilian Man" <eduNOSPAMliguori@yahoo.com.br> wrote in message

> To clarify, what chris is saying and what most (non chelsea) fans think
> is
> that Chelsea have bought 200 million pounds worth of players over 2
> seasons,
> and over 30 players in total (i think) which is WHY they have any hope.

we were not so far as you think, if i'm not wrong we were 4th without
Roman's money
first splash (120M) took us to 2nd and now we're for the title.

> Teams like Real and Bayern are the market leader in their countries
> Renowned
> for spending big on the right player, but no where do they basically go
> out
> and purchase a whole new starting XI if they dont win one season.

can you tell me how many Liverpool players are there for the last3 or 4
years? There are times you need to move, and Chelsea had not changed full
squad. Some of our players were old and would be replaced anyhow, or you
think we should stay forever with Stanic, Desailly, Zola, etc?
why don't you think before post?

why don't you learn to READ before you reply wanker? Im sick of replying to
you you clearly don't read our replies properly.

> Chelsea didn't have the pedigree of championships to live up to for
> Ranieri
> to have been sacked the previous season, he did nothing wrong.
Del Bosque was sacked being the champion, Ranieri was just sacked again,
coincidence or the guy lacks something?

> Most teams keep a core of 8 players in the starting XI and just introduce
> 1
> or 2 new players to the starting XI a season so that people know where
> eachother are on the pitch, (i.e. Man U and Arsenal)
so you've only added 1 or 2 players a season? check your club
website...you might have signed cheap and young, but still quantity.

Yes we sign players but they don't just go straight into the first team
squad, we buy 2-3 players a season to actually PLAY for the team and the
youngsters for the future.

On Mon, 28 Feb 2005 14:33:51 GMT, Chris F <chris@asif.com> wrote:

>ah but you're not a team just like the others.
>
>what you are is a club that has bought a team, not built one.

Forget about them, are you coming to Greece ?

-Nick

Em Mon, 28 Feb 2005 17:32:34 +0200, Nick the Greek <nikko_NOSPAM_@in.gr>
escreveu:

> On Mon, 28 Feb 2005 14:33:51 GMT, Chris F <chris@asif.com> wrote:
>

>> ah but you're not a team just like the others.
>>
>> what you are is a club that has bought a team, not built one.
>
> Forget about them, are you coming to Greece ?
>
> -Nick

Hopefully :)

--
The Brazilian Man
* before complaining about my post, just realise you have the option of
not read it*
a strong fan of Brazil, Palmeiras and Chelsea!
Have fun!

On Mon, 28 Feb 2005 17:32:34 +0200, Nick the Greek
<nikko_NOSPAM_@in.gr> wrote:

>On Mon, 28 Feb 2005 14:33:51 GMT, Chris F <chris@asif.com> wrote:
>

>>ah but you're not a team just like the others.
>>
>>what you are is a club that has bought a team, not built one.
>
>Forget about them, are you coming to Greece ?
>
>-Nick

i wish, i'm skint at the moment after going away to florida for a
week.

still, should be a good tie, since we've gotta be 2 of the favourites
to win it now.
--

On Mon, 28 Feb 2005 15:55:24 GMT, Chris F <chris@asif.com> wrote:

>On Mon, 28 Feb 2005 17:32:34 +0200, Nick the Greek
><nikko_NOSPAM_@in.gr> wrote:
>
>>On Mon, 28 Feb 2005 14:33:51 GMT, Chris F <chris@asif.com> wrote:
>>

>>>ah but you're not a team just like the others.
>>>
>>>what you are is a club that has bought a team, not built one.
>>
>>Forget about them, are you coming to Greece ?
>>
>>-Nick
>
>i wish, i'm skint at the moment after going away to florida for a
>week.
>
>still, should be a good tie, since we've gotta be 2 of the favourites
>to win it now.

Unfortunately we're in a slump of form lately...

-Nick

On Mon, 28 Feb 2005 18:48:29 +0200, Nick the Greek
<nikko_NOSPAM_@in.gr> wrote:

>On Mon, 28 Feb 2005 15:55:24 GMT, Chris F <chris@asif.com> wrote:
>
>>On Mon, 28 Feb 2005 17:32:34 +0200, Nick the Greek
>><nikko_NOSPAM_@in.gr> wrote:

>>>Forget about them, are you coming to Greece ?
>>>
>>>-Nick
>>
>>i wish, i'm skint at the moment after going away to florida for a
>>week.
>>
>>still, should be a good tie, since we've gotta be 2 of the favourites
>>to win it now.
>
>Unfortunately we're in a slump of form lately...
>
>-Nick

so are we, it's called season 2004/5.

thought to be fair, we have won 4 in a row, which hasnt ahppened for
months, so we seem to be getting some confidence back.
--

gamertag: chrisflynnuk
Live Line-up: RS3, RS3:BA, PGR2, Links04, SC:pT, Toca2, RSC2, MM3,
SWAT, MotoGP2, Burnout3, OutRun2(Demo), FSW

"Chris F" <chris@asif.com> wrote in message
> On Mon, 28 Feb 2005 11:45:17 -0300, "The Brazilian Man"
> <eduNOSPAMliguori@yahoo.com.br> wrote:
>
>>Em Mon, 28 Feb 2005 14:33:51 GMT, Chris F <chris@asif.com> escreveu:

>>> ah but you're not a team just like the others.
>>>
>>> what you are is a club that has bought a team, not built one.
>>
>>c'mon Chris, all players are bought somehow, the fact that this
>>millionaire have splash the cash don't make the team forbiden to win, why
>>people call Madrid the Galacticos? Only them are allowed?
>>have never heard anybody here saying that Madrid had bought their success,
>>but Beckham, Zidane, Ronaldo, all came for free? Or from youth?
>>Your note is very controversial.
>>Bayern Munich bought all players that succeed at Leverkusen, i.e. Ballack,
>>Zé Roberto and Lúcio, so they also bought their trophies?
>>Pls be fair.
>
> if this group was dominated by spansih fans, then i'd imagine the same
> would be said. the question you posed wasnt about real madrid, or
> bayern muncih, but about why you as a chelsea fan seem to get stick.
>
> all i did was tell you.
>
> of course all players are bought in one way or another, but my point
> still stands, chelsea haven't built a team to win things in say the
> same way man united did, slowly getting together a solid group of
> players who want to play together and do well for the team.
>
> do you think chelsea would have half the squad they do now if it
> weren't for roman's millions?
>
> i don't think what i'm saying is controversial at all.

I think its spot on!

> To clarify, what chris is saying and what most (non chelsea) fans
> think is that Chelsea have bought 200 million pounds worth of players
> over 2 seasons, and over 30 players in total (i think) which is WHY
> they have any hope.

Although to be fair didn't Ranieri have them finish 2nd in the season before
Roman?

> my point is though they spend 24 mill on drogba and 19.5mill on
> carvelho in the same season!!!!

And no other club has spent that sort of money on different players in 1
season?

On Mon, 28 Feb 2005 11:45:17 -0300, The Brazilian Man wrote:

> Em Mon, 28 Feb 2005 14:33:51 GMT, Chris F <chris@asif.com> escreveu:
>
>> On Mon, 28 Feb 2005 11:05:52 -0300, "The Brazilian Man"
>> <eduNOSPAMliguori@yahoo.com.br> wrote:
>>
>>> "We scored early on and tried to see the clock out because we were 15
>>> minutes away from lifting the cup.
>>>
>>> "But credit to Chelsea they came back and deserved the win."
>>>
>>> but some figures here no.
>>>
>>> It's amazing all that rejection over Chelsea.
>>> As from the first day I became a memeber of this NG, despite Tobes of
>>> course, I've been collecting insults and all for supproting a team that
>>> plays with 11 players just like the others, but it seems we can't be
>>> successful as the others.
>>
>> ah but you're not a team just like the others.
>>
>> what you are is a club that has bought a team, not built one.
>
> c'mon Chris, all players are bought somehow, the fact that this
> millionaire have splash the cash don't make the team forbiden to win, why
> people call Madrid the Galacticos? Only them are allowed?
> have never heard anybody here saying that Madrid had bought their success,
> but Beckham, Zidane, Ronaldo, all came for free? Or from youth?
> Your note is very controversial.
> Bayern Munich bought all players that succeed at Leverkusen, i.e. Ballack,
> Zé Roberto and Lúcio, so they also bought their trophies?
> Pls be fair.

To be fair to Madrid, they added a player each year to the team building it
up year after year, adding to players that have been there for a while,
like Carlos, Raul, Helguera, Salgado etc, where as Chelsea have basically
bought a whole new team in the past two seasons.

--
- / - Daniel - / -

On Mon, 28 Feb 2005 17:45:38 -0000, Christo wrote:

> "The Brazilian Man" <eduNOSPAMliguori@yahoo.com.br> wrote in message
>

>> To clarify, what chris is saying and what most (non chelsea) fans think
>> is
>> that Chelsea have bought 200 million pounds worth of players over 2
>> seasons,
>> and over 30 players in total (i think) which is WHY they have any hope.
>
> we were not so far as you think, if i'm not wrong we were 4th without
> Roman's money
> first splash (120M) took us to 2nd and now we're for the title.
>

>> Teams like Real and Bayern are the market leader in their countries
>> Renowned
>> for spending big on the right player, but no where do they basically go
>> out
>> and purchase a whole new starting XI if they dont win one season.
>
> can you tell me how many Liverpool players are there for the last3 or 4
> years? There are times you need to move, and Chelsea had not changed full
> squad. Some of our players were old and would be replaced anyhow, or you
> think we should stay forever with Stanic, Desailly, Zola, etc?
> why don't you think before post?
>

>> Chelsea didn't have the pedigree of championships to live up to for
>> Ranieri
>> to have been sacked the previous season, he did nothing wrong.
> Del Bosque was sacked being the champion, Ranieri was just sacked again,
> coincidence or the guy lacks something?
>

>> Most teams keep a core of 8 players in the starting XI and just introduce
>> 1
>> or 2 new players to the starting XI a season so that people know where
>> eachother are on the pitch, (i.e. Man U and Arsenal)
> so you've only added 1 or 2 players a season? check your club
> website...you might have signed cheap and young, but still quantity.
>

>> --
>>>
>>> gamertag: chrisflynnuk
>>> Live Line-up: RS3, RS3:BA, PGR2, Links04, SC:pT, Toca2, RSC2, MM3,
>>> SWAT, MotoGP2, Burnout3, OutRun2(Demo), FSW
>>

> Stanic?
>
> did he play more than 30 games for chelsea? if he did, well i missed it
>
> granted zola and desailly were past it
>
> but really tell me one player in the chelsea team who was there 3/4 years
> ago thats still getting a regular start?

I would argue against Zola being past it, seeing as he is still turning it
on for Calgiari.

--
- / - Daniel - / -

Em Wed, 2 Mar 2005 23:44:34 +0000, Daniel Marsh
<danmaruk@NOSPAMTHANKSbtopenworld.com> escreveu:

> On Mon, 28 Feb 2005 11:45:17 -0300, The Brazilian Man wrote:
>
>> Em Mon, 28 Feb 2005 14:33:51 GMT, Chris F <chris@asif.com> escreveu:

>>> ah but you're not a team just like the others.
>>>
>>> what you are is a club that has bought a team, not built one.
>>
>> c'mon Chris, all players are bought somehow, the fact that this
>> millionaire have splash the cash don't make the team forbiden to win,
>> why
>> people call Madrid the Galacticos? Only them are allowed?
>> have never heard anybody here saying that Madrid had bought their
>> success,
>> but Beckham, Zidane, Ronaldo, all came for free? Or from youth?
>> Your note is very controversial.
>> Bayern Munich bought all players that succeed at Leverkusen, i.e.
>> Ballack,
>> Zé Roberto and Lúcio, so they also bought their trophies?
>> Pls be fair.
>
> To be fair to Madrid, they added a player each year to the team building
> it
> up year after year, adding to players that have been there for a while,
> like Carlos, Raul, Helguera, Salgado etc, where as Chelsea have basically
> bought a whole new team in the past two seasons.

and as per my message we had a bunch of senior veterans that could not
stay longer, should we keep a 15 players squad?
or an ambitious club is obeyed to line up Desailly, Petit, Le Saux, Zola,
Di Matteo, Stanic, for ever?

--
The Brazilian Man
* before complaining about my post, just realise you have the option of
not read it*
a strong fan of Brazil, Palmeiras and Chelsea!
Have fun!

Em Wed, 2 Mar 2005 23:47:23 +0000, Daniel Marsh
<danmaruk@NOSPAMTHANKSbtopenworld.com> escreveu:

> On Mon, 28 Feb 2005 17:45:38 -0000, Christo wrote:
>
>> "The Brazilian Man" <eduNOSPAMliguori@yahoo.com.br> wrote in message
>>

>>> To clarify, what chris is saying and what most (non chelsea) fans think
>>> is
>>> that Chelsea have bought 200 million pounds worth of players over 2
>>> seasons,
>>> and over 30 players in total (i think) which is WHY they have any hope.
>>
>> we were not so far as you think, if i'm not wrong we were 4th without
>> Roman's money
>> first splash (120M) took us to 2nd and now we're for the title.
>>

>>> Teams like Real and Bayern are the market leader in their countries
>>> Renowned
>>> for spending big on the right player, but no where do they basically go
>>> out
>>> and purchase a whole new starting XI if they dont win one season.
>>
>> can you tell me how many Liverpool players are there for the last3 or 4
>> years? There are times you need to move, and Chelsea had not changed
>> full
>> squad. Some of our players were old and would be replaced anyhow, or you
>> think we should stay forever with Stanic, Desailly, Zola, etc?
>> why don't you think before post?
>>

>>> Chelsea didn't have the pedigree of championships to live up to for
>>> Ranieri
>>> to have been sacked the previous season, he did nothing wrong.
>> Del Bosque was sacked being the champion, Ranieri was just sacked again,
>> coincidence or the guy lacks something?
>>

>>> Most teams keep a core of 8 players in the starting XI and just
>>> introduce
>>> 1
>>> or 2 new players to the starting XI a season so that people know where
>>> eachother are on the pitch, (i.e. Man U and Arsenal)
>> so you've only added 1 or 2 players a season? check your club
>> website...you might have signed cheap and young, but still quantity.
>>

>>> --

>> Stanic?
>>
>> did he play more than 30 games for chelsea? if he did, well i missed it
>>
>> granted zola and desailly were past it
>>
>> but really tell me one player in the chelsea team who was there 3/4
>> years
>> ago thats still getting a regular start?
>>

> I would argue against Zola being past it, seeing as he is still turning
> it
> on for Calgiari.

one thing is to be a star at Cagliari with non relegation ambitions,
another is to want to win 4 trophies.

--

On Thu, 03 Mar 2005 09:26:57 -0300, The Brazilian Man wrote:

> Em Wed, 2 Mar 2005 23:44:34 +0000, Daniel Marsh
> <danmaruk@NOSPAMTHANKSbtopenworld.com> escreveu:

>>> c'mon Chris, all players are bought somehow, the fact that this
>>> millionaire have splash the cash don't make the team forbiden to win,
>>> why
>>> people call Madrid the Galacticos? Only them are allowed?
>>> have never heard anybody here saying that Madrid had bought their
>>> success,
>>> but Beckham, Zidane, Ronaldo, all came for free? Or from youth?
>>> Your note is very controversial.
>>> Bayern Munich bought all players that succeed at Leverkusen, i.e.
>>> Ballack,
>>> Zé Roberto and Lúcio, so they also bought their trophies?
>>> Pls be fair.
>>
>> To be fair to Madrid, they added a player each year to the team building
>> it
>> up year after year, adding to players that have been there for a while,
>> like Carlos, Raul, Helguera, Salgado etc, where as Chelsea have basically
>> bought a whole new team in the past two seasons.
>>

> and as per my message we had a bunch of senior veterans that could not
> stay longer, should we keep a 15 players squad?
> or an ambitious club is obeyed to line up Desailly, Petit, Le Saux, Zola,
> Di Matteo, Stanic, for ever?

I think the point is that without the money, the kind of rebuilding on
that scale would have taken years.

--
- / - Daniel - / -

Em Thu, 3 Mar 2005 16:02:30 +0000, Daniel Marsh
<danmaruk@NOSPAMTHANKSbtopenworld.com> escreveu:

> On Thu, 03 Mar 2005 09:26:57 -0300, The Brazilian Man wrote:
>
>> Em Wed, 2 Mar 2005 23:44:34 +0000, Daniel Marsh
>> <danmaruk@NOSPAMTHANKSbtopenworld.com> escreveu:

>>> To be fair to Madrid, they added a player each year to the team
>>> building
>>> it
>>> up year after year, adding to players that have been there for a while,
>>> like Carlos, Raul, Helguera, Salgado etc, where as Chelsea have
>>> basically
>>> bought a whole new team in the past two seasons.
>>>

>> and as per my message we had a bunch of senior veterans that could not
>> stay longer, should we keep a 15 players squad?
>> or an ambitious club is obeyed to line up Desailly, Petit, Le Saux,
>> Zola,
>> Di Matteo, Stanic, for ever?
>
> I think the point is that without the money, the kind of rebuilding on
> that scale would have taken years.

I agree that, but cannot accept complaining we hired too much quantity