Laptop settings for bluetooth data anyone?

Last response: in Network Providers
April 29, 2004 7:05:19 PM

Hi there. I bought an unlocked Ericson T39 from ebay and it works
great, has GRPS and bluetooth. I'm able to bluetooth over from my
Palm Tungsten T3 to the phone, and I can surf the web/check my
email/etc from the palm.

I also want to be able to surf the web on my bluetooth-equipped IBM
T40 laptop, by bluetoothing over to the phone. Anyone have a clue as
to how to do this? A cheat sheet?

Of course fido is no help -- they tell me to phone IBM, or Sony
Ericcson. I guess I could try calling IBM, but seriously, how much
help could they provide?

I did get it working for a while by going into control panel,
installing a new "modem" using the Standard GSM Bluetooth Modem
(selected from the list) and then connecting to that using the
username/password combination fido/fido and the phone number *99# .
But it only worked for a bit, and it seemed even slower than expected
(and slower than using the palm). Now it stopped working.

There's got to be a cheat sheet on how to do this somewhere. Google
hasn't been too much help.

--
John Abraham
to email me directly use jabraham (at) notspam.ucalgary (dot) ca

jabrahamsspam@mailinator.com (John Abraham) wrote in message news:<fe44be63.0404291405.4a94c51@posting.google.com>...

> I did get it working for a while by going into control panel,
> installing a new "modem" using the Standard GSM Bluetooth Modem
> (selected from the list) and then connecting to that using the
> username/password combination fido/fido and the phone number *99# .

I guess it's working, but my new T39 (like my old R520m) seems to stop
doing data once in a while, and I need to remove the battery for a few
seconds to force it to reset.

--
John Abraham
jabraham (at) NOSPAM.ucalgary (dot) ca

> but my new T39 (like my old R520m) seems to stop
> doing data once in a while, and I need to remove the battery for a few
> seconds to force it to reset.

man is that T39 a sweet phone. i still like the T28 too (though the T39 is
better).... i see no reason to ever upgrade from those phones anytime
soon... great sound, great PHONE (not a camera with a phone included),
great reception... and smaller/thinner than any phone out now.

ericsson definetly peaked with that model. you made a great decision in
picking up a T39 instead of a new phone! thats all i have to say...
Anonymous
May 6, 2004 5:27:47 PM

Good Man <heyho@letsgo.com> wrote in message news:<Xns94DE6395A864Esonicyouth@216.196.97.132>...

> man is that T39 a sweet phone. i still like the T28 too (though the T39 is
> better).... i see no reason to ever upgrade from those phones anytime
> soon... great sound, great PHONE (not a camera with a phone included),
> great reception... and smaller/thinner than any phone out now.
>
> ericsson definetly peaked with that . you made a great decision in
> picking up a T39 instead of a new phone! thats all i have to say...

I had a fido-locked T28 and loved it, but gave it to a friend when I
bought my R520m on ebay. I wanted triband unlocked with bluetooth.

I kept looking at my old T28 in my friend's hand with envy. I knew I
couldn't go back to the T28, because I need analogue and bluetooth
(not necessarily together). So I bought a Nokia 6340 for analogue
(the day before my R520m died) and waited and waited for an acceptable
bluetooth phone. I didn't know about the T39 until one day, in
desperation, I typed "bluetooth flip" into google. Bought one off of
ebay that very day!

--
John
jabrahXam (at) ucalXgary.Xca