Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

500$ laptop

Last response: in Laptops & Notebooks
Share
June 28, 2012 8:14:13 PM

I have the end of the month to figure out what would be the best laptop to buy around 500$
july1
I am finding it difficult.
I would like 3.0 usb ad be able to play 1080p
Any feedback would help.

More about : 500 laptop

June 28, 2012 8:26:18 PM

dreamer77dd said:
I have the end of the month to figure out what would be the best laptop to buy around 500$
july1
I am finding it difficult.
I would like 3.0 usb ad be able to play 1080p
Any feedback would help.



If by playing in 1080p you mean playing game well forget about that for 500$.
a b D Laptop
June 28, 2012 8:32:42 PM

1080p .264 playback yes, 1080p game play, no. For $500, 1080p game play would be just ok even for desktop.
Related resources
June 28, 2012 9:34:17 PM

I do not expect to game on this laptop.
Playback video in 1080p
I would use his for internet, Skype, office,
but not be to slow.
I guess looking for reviews or products that people would in their opinion think is a good deal and would want to buy in the 500$ price point.
I looked on Newegg, and some sites but am not sure. I usually see reviews of laptops in the 800$ and more price point.
I hope that clears things up.
What are some good website or Stores to buy laptops from?
I am in Canada
I was looking at some AMD laptops.
June 29, 2012 7:42:43 PM

I am having a difficult time knowing if i see a deal or not. I am thinking between i5 and amd a10. Is this a good comparison, now just need it in the price point. I would like 6gigs of RAM.

I was thinking an intel i5 with AMD gpu
or A10 with well just AMD lol
June 29, 2012 10:31:12 PM

Id compare the A10 to an i3. i5 is going to bring in a bit more horses then the A10. Intel Core i3-2310M is the closest compared if you take turbo core out of the equation. Id highly suggest going with AMD if your on a budget because they are a lot cheaper then intels and are great in graphics. for 500 i dout youll get an A10... You might, if you do id go for it.
a b D Laptop
June 30, 2012 12:08:40 AM

By 1080p, do you actually mean, LCD screen with 1920x1080? I doubt you will find one in this price range.
July 1, 2012 5:07:01 AM

ilikemoneygreen said:
Id compare the A10 to an i3. i5 is going to bring in a bit more horses then the A10. Intel Core i3-2310M is the closest compared if you take turbo core out of the equation. Id highly suggest going with AMD if your on a budget because they are a lot cheaper then intels and are great in graphics. for 500 i dout youll get an A10... You might, if you do id go for it.


I guess i could get a used i5 or go AMD new.
Where would you look for a laptop if you were going to buy one?
Thank you for the reply
July 1, 2012 5:08:24 AM

Alabalcho said:
By 1080p, do you actually mean, LCD screen with 1920x1080? I doubt you will find one in this price range.


Yes i was meaning that and I think your right.
Thank you.
July 1, 2012 8:14:40 PM

I look everywhere when i looking for a new laptop. $500 prolly wont get a a gaming laptop per se but it will buy you a pretty good netbook. B&M stores to look at are Bestbuy, Frys electronics, Staples, Officemax, Walmart, Office depot...maybe even a local electronics shop. I recently did this search and found out that online seems to be pretty good. check out hp.shopping to because they have decent laptop deals.
!