500$ laptop

I have the end of the month to figure out what would be the best laptop to buy around 500$
july1
I am finding it difficult.
I would like 3.0 usb ad be able to play 1080p
Any feedback would help.
9 answers Last reply
More about laptop
  1. dreamer77dd said:
    I have the end of the month to figure out what would be the best laptop to buy around 500$
    july1
    I am finding it difficult.
    I would like 3.0 usb ad be able to play 1080p
    Any feedback would help.

If by playing in 1080p you mean playing game well forget about that for 500$.
  2. 1080p .264 playback yes, 1080p game play, no. For $500, 1080p game play would be just ok even for desktop.
  3. I do not expect to game on this laptop.
    Playback video in 1080p
    I would use his for internet, Skype, office,
    but not be to slow.
    I guess looking for reviews or products that people would in their opinion think is a good deal and would want to buy in the 500$ price point.
    I looked on Newegg, and some sites but am not sure. I usually see reviews of laptops in the 800$ and more price point.
    I hope that clears things up.
    What are some good website or Stores to buy laptops from?
    I am in Canada
    I was looking at some AMD laptops.
  4. I am having a difficult time knowing if i see a deal or not. I am thinking between i5 and amd a10. Is this a good comparison, now just need it in the price point. I would like 6gigs of RAM.

I was thinking an intel i5 with AMD gpu
    or A10 with well just AMD lol
  5. Id compare the A10 to an i3. i5 is going to bring in a bit more horses then the A10. Intel Core i3-2310M is the closest compared if you take turbo core out of the equation. Id highly suggest going with AMD if your on a budget because they are a lot cheaper then intels and are great in graphics. for 500 i dout youll get an A10... You might, if you do id go for it.
  6. By 1080p, do you actually mean, LCD screen with 1920x1080? I doubt you will find one in this price range.
  7. ilikemoneygreen said:
    Id compare the A10 to an i3. i5 is going to bring in a bit more horses then the A10. Intel Core i3-2310M is the closest compared if you take turbo core out of the equation. Id highly suggest going with AMD if your on a budget because they are a lot cheaper then intels and are great in graphics. for 500 i dout youll get an A10... You might, if you do id go for it.

I guess i could get a used i5 or go AMD new.
    Where would you look for a laptop if you were going to buy one?
    Thank you for the reply
  8. Alabalcho said:
    By 1080p, do you actually mean, LCD screen with 1920x1080? I doubt you will find one in this price range.

Yes i was meaning that and I think your right.
    Thank you.
  9. I look everywhere when i looking for a new laptop. $500 prolly wont get a a gaming laptop per se but it will buy you a pretty good netbook. B&M stores to look at are Bestbuy, Frys electronics, Staples, Officemax, Walmart, Office depot...maybe even a local electronics shop. I recently did this search and found out that online seems to be pretty good. check out hp.shopping to because they have decent laptop deals.
Ask a new question

Read More

Laptops USB