I cannot make the powerpoint viewer open up pps files. I have the viewer
designated as the appropriate program to open pps files...but I always have
the message that the pps file is not associated with any program.

Hi,

Try right-click/"open with" on the file, then grab the pps viewer
executable.

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

"Gordon Greenblatt" <gmgreen@cox.net> wrote in message
>I cannot make the powerpoint viewer open up pps files. I have the viewer
>designated as the appropriate program to open pps files...but I always have
>the message that the pps file is not associated with any program.

Gordon,

As Rick said. OTOH, if this happens only for email attachments in Outlook
Express, and if you have XP SP2 and PPViewer 2003 installed, see here:
http://windowsxp.mvps.org/ppsopen.htm

--
Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
Windows XP Shell/User

"Gordon Greenblatt" <gmgreen@cox.net> wrote in message
>I cannot make the powerpoint viewer open up pps files. I have the viewer
>designated as the appropriate program to open pps files...but I always have
>the message that the pps file is not associated with any program.

You're welcome!

--
Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
Windows XP Shell/User