MY WAY search assistant found on computer

While reading and researching spyware, adware, malware, etc. through the
recommendations of folks here, I found the MY WAY search assistant in
Add/Remove programs of Windows XP. I am running several spyware programs
and firewalls, plus virus scanners and none of them have detected this
program. It does not, however, seem to be causing any problems, and the
usage report in Add/Remove programs show rare (actually no) usage. I still
would like to remove it, but Add/Remove programs does not give me that
option.

How do I get it off the system?

TIA

Ferdy,

Follow the malware removal advice listed here:
http://aumha.org/a/quickfix.php. The quickfix methodology helps in
eliminating most of the malware, but some require user intervention and
examination of the HijackThis log. If that is the case follow step 8. "IF
THERE IS STILL A PROBLEM"

--
Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
Windows XP Shell/User