XFX Ultra Mega Xtra Xtremely Xtreme

confoundicator

Distinguished
Feb 15, 2002
These names are getting a little out of hand aren't they?

I just read <A HREF="http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=15717" target="_new">this article</A> about the new Gainward "nVidia GeForce 6800 Ultra Xtreme". With a name like that, it makes me wonder.. will the card will be fast? Just how fast is ultra xtreme compared to ultra? To xtreme? Is ultra or xtreme faster? Why am I here?

He that but looketh on a plate of ham and eggs to lust after it, hath already committed breakfast with it in his heart. -C.S. Lewis

<i>Edit - typo</i><P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by confoundicator on 05/04/04 04:57 PM.</EM></FONT></P>

dhlucke

Polypheme
I think they all start out with a pro and a non-pro and then when the competition beats them they have to do an XT or something. Nvidia, who loses more, has to go another step to the super mega ultra extreme edition.

<font color=red>_______________________________________________</font color=red>
Nov. 6, 1971: "I gave back, I can't remember, six, seven, eight, nine medals"

- John Kerry, a Presidential Candidate

This was mentioned at the InQ (should answer those questions driving you mental :lol: );

<A HREF="http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=15661" target="_new">http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=15661</A>

<A HREF="http://" target="_new">http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=15662</A>

Remember there's also the XT Platinum.

Next of course the Ultra Ludicrous, and the XT Unobtanium (cross-licencing with Oakley :evil: )

- You need a licence to buy a gun, but they'll sell anyone a stamp <i>(or internet account)</i> ! - <font color=green>RED </font color=green> <font color=red> GREEN</font color=red> GA to SK :evil:

confoundicator

Distinguished
Feb 15, 2002
Yeah I know it's all just a game of marketing and PR one-up-manship. Still sounds funny to me when you take the words literally.

It'll be interesting to see what ATi cards can do with liquid cooling. What's better than platinum? Plutonium?

He that but looketh on a plate of ham and eggs to lust after it, hath already committed breakfast with it in his heart. -C.S. Lewis

<i>Edit - Ha ha! Grape, you posted faster and snuck ahead of me. I've read the articles you mentioned. Interesting stuff, and funny at times too. :lol: </i><P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by confoundicator on 05/05/04 09:30 AM.</EM></FONT></P>

cryo

Distinguished
May 3, 2001
What's better than platinum? Plutonium?
Nope... the next step will be Dilithium :wink: ... And only after this, Kryptonium Edition will become available :lol:

Edit: Unobtanium... this HAS to be the best ever :lol:
Feeling kind of ashamed that my card is only a lousy Pro...

"I cannot give you a brain, but I can give you a diploma"
- The Wizard of Oz, talking to the Scarecrow<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by cryo on 05/05/04 08:58 AM.</EM></FONT></P>

dhlucke

Polypheme
The Adamantium Edition is just around the corner.

<font color=red>_______________________________________________</font color=red>

Xeon

Distinguished
Feb 21, 2004
Did you just use the inquirer to answer a question *rolls eyes*.

Xeon

<font color=orange>Scratch Here To Reveal Prize</font color=orange>

Did you just ask a stupid question simply to take the opportunity to roll your eyes?

Man, you really don't contribute much, do you?

BTW, those things at the end of the sentences and at the top of the page are questions marks. They are used at the end of questioning sentences.

I just thought I'd point out that obvious fact to you since that appears to be what you enjoy, JackA$$! :shifts ballz:

- You need a licence to buy a gun, but they'll sell anyone a stamp <i>(or internet account)</i> ! - <font color=green>RED </font color=green> <font color=red> GREEN</font color=red> GA to SK :evil:

Xeon

Distinguished
Feb 21, 2004
It's ok buddy having a small penis is tough to deal with. Just remember to focus and push a bit more, she might feel it.

Get bent loser.

Xeon

<font color=orange>Scratch Here To Reveal Prize</font color=orange>

flamethrower205

Illustrious
Jun 26, 2001
These names r ridiculous but I think they'd have more success selling a specific card to computer nerds if it came with a free bottle of vaseline.

SEX is like math. Add the bed, subtract the clothes, divide the legs, and hope you dont multiply

Wow another awesomely insightful post.

Guess you'd know what to do with a small penis though.
Thanks for the tip, I'll be sure to pass it along to your mom so perhaps maybe she'd take you and your dad back into her bed. What'd you say her name was, Momma FingerCuffs?

And don't worry, I'm already bent, bent right over laughing at your lame remarks.

Hey don't you wanna punch me? Maybe, just a little? C'mon big man, you can do it.

flamethrower205

Illustrious
Jun 26, 2001
Grape, watch out, he might pwn you through the intardnet!!! Maybe he has small penis anxiety cause his dick's so small it fits thru cat 5 cables to slap people?

SEX is like math. Add the bed, subtract the clothes, divide the legs, and hope you dont multiply

GeneticWeapon

Splendid
Jan 13, 2003
Spud, you really arent wanted here..

<A HREF="http://rmitz.org/AYB3.swf" target="_new">All your base are belong to us.</A>
<A HREF="http://service.futuremark.com/compare?2k3=2216718" target="_new"><b>3DMark03</b></A>

dhlucke

Polypheme
That's enough dude. You and Eden have gone far enough.

pauldh

Illustrious
Do you talk like this in real life? If so I bet your MOM is so proud. :frown:

ABIT IS7, P4 2.6C, 512MB Corsair TwinX PC3200LL, Radeon 9800 Pro, Santa Cruz, TruePower 430watt

flamethrower205

Illustrious
Jun 26, 2001
Mmm, depends when u catch me. If you're a teacher, I'll be all respectful and makin a good impression.
If you're my track coach, I'll be cursing u off for being a jackass.
If you're my boss I'll be jocund but respectful.
If you're my parents, I'll be casual but respectful.
If you're my best friend, we'll prolly be joking around and whatnot, tho prolly not like this.
If you're my girl, I'll be mindful not to call things my wise and beautiful friend (damn does she flip!), and I'll be a bit more respectful.
If I'm drunk, don't hold me accountable for what I say, last time I went up to a girl with a wife beater on and said I'm fockin huge.
I'd say my mom is proud of me tho, I mean she holds me up to hard standards and I bust my balls, but I (hopefully) haven't failed too miserably in life yet.

BTW, Thanks for posting the <A HREF="http://forumz.tomshardware.com/community/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&p=71208#71208" target="_new">thread about XEON's recent accident</A>, explains a H311 of alot.

It also makes me realize I should pitty him and leave him be, rather than continue to aggravate his delicate condition. :evil:

dhlucke

Polypheme
Poor spud.

Yep, he's like Mr PotatoHead in that Xray of yours. :lol:

Thanks again for the laugh DH.

And thanks for the warning Flammey. :wink: