Turned pc off and moved to a new location and installed. Had a"keyboard
failure" message during boot up. Keyboard and mouse wouldn't work at all.
Unplugged both and had same message during boot up. Plugged mouse in and that
worked fine. Still no joy after plugging in keyboard. Device manager does not
show keyboard at all, not even to indicate driver installed. It's a ps2
keyboard. Presumably I need to try another keyboard. Any ideas welcomed!!

You may have damaged the keyboard connector.. look for pins that are either
bent or pushed back.. sometimes, it is possible to straighten a pin, but do
not hold your breath.. for recessed pins, it is time to get a new keyboard
for sure..

--
Mike Hall
MVP - Windows Shell/user

http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

"pc dad" <pcdad@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Turned pc off and moved to a new location and installed. Had a"keyboard
> failure" message during boot up. Keyboard and mouse wouldn't work at all.
> Unplugged both and had same message during boot up. Plugged mouse in and
> that
> worked fine. Still no joy after plugging in keyboard. Device manager does
> not
> show keyboard at all, not even to indicate driver installed. It's a ps2
> keyboard. Presumably I need to try another keyboard. Any ideas welcomed!!

Thanks for the help but the problem cleared after simply plugging in another
keyboard in and it booted up fine, unplugged this and tried the original and
it's been okay since.