XP SP2 DISC HAS A SCRATCH ONI IT

April 24, 2005 10:05:02 AM

MY DISK HAD A SCRATCH ON IT AND NOW IT WON"T DOWN LOAD OFFICE DEPOT WILL NOT
GIVE ME MY MONEY BACK OR A DISK WHAT TO DO

More about : sp2 disc scratch oni

Anonymous
April 24, 2005 10:41:48 AM

"THE DUDE NEEDS HELP SOMEBEACH SOMEWHERE" <THE DUDE NEEDS HELP SOMEBEACH
SOMEWHERE@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> MY DISK HAD A SCRATCH ON IT AND NOW IT WON"T DOWN LOAD OFFICE DEPOT WILL
> NOT
> GIVE ME MY MONEY BACK OR A DISK WHAT TO DO

Check with the manufacturer of your computer. You should be able to purchase
a replacement.

Kerry
April 24, 2005 1:18:10 PM

Data Rescue: http://www.naltech.com/

--
Peter
Toronto, Canada
"THE DUDE NEEDS HELP SOMEBEACH SOMEWHERE" <THE DUDE NEEDS HELP SOMEBEACH
SOMEWHERE@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> MY DISK HAD A SCRATCH ON IT AND NOW IT WON"T DOWN LOAD OFFICE DEPOT WILL
> NOT
> GIVE ME MY MONEY BACK OR A DISK WHAT TO DO
April 24, 2005 2:55:08 PM

Presumably, you bought a RETAIL upgrade or full XP version, and the box
would have been green or blue.. if so, click on the link below..

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;326246

One more thing.. either fix the CAPS LOCK key on your keyboard, or during
your next visit to Office Depot, consider buying a new keyboard..

Good luck with your CD quest..

--
Mike Hall
MVP - Windows Shell/user

http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

"THE DUDE NEEDS HELP SOMEBEACH SOMEWHERE" <THE DUDE NEEDS HELP SOMEBEACH
SOMEWHERE@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> MY DISK HAD A SCRATCH ON IT AND NOW IT WON"T DOWN LOAD OFFICE DEPOT WILL
> NOT
> GIVE ME MY MONEY BACK OR A DISK WHAT TO DO
Anonymous
April 24, 2005 4:29:19 PM

Try rubbing the scratch with toothpaste then rinse and dry. Works
everytime..........

"THE DUDE NEEDS HELP SOMEBEACH SOMEWHERE" <THE DUDE NEEDS HELP SOMEBEACH
SOMEWHERE@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> MY DISK HAD A SCRATCH ON IT AND NOW IT WON"T DOWN LOAD OFFICE DEPOT WILL
> NOT
> GIVE ME MY MONEY BACK OR A DISK WHAT TO DO
Anonymous
April 24, 2005 7:42:23 PM

If the scratch is not too deep (i.e. it's only on surface) you may be able
to "repair" it.

WARNING - do not try this method until you are at the point of throwing the
disk away since it will create some fine scratches that will prevent anyone
from giving you a replacement or a refund. - WARNING

Use a drop of fine abrasive such as silver polish and rub lightly along the
scratch in a (small) circular motion using a fine cloth. Wash off the excess
with clean water and blot-dry the disk with tissues. Polish the surface with
a soft cloth (like the type used to clean glasses) and then try the disk
again.

WARNING - do not try this method until you are at the point of throwing the
disk away since it will create some fine scratches that will prevent anyone
from giving you a replacement or a refund. - WARNING

The idea is to disguise the original scratch so that the laser can shine
through to the data track without being disrupted beyond the tolerances of
the drive. You will see the marks but the drive should ignore them.

It's worked for me with data cd's and even commercial DVD's.

Nick

"Kerry Brown" <kerry@kdbNOSPAMsystems.c*o*m> wrote in message
> "THE DUDE NEEDS HELP SOMEBEACH SOMEWHERE" <THE DUDE NEEDS HELP SOMEBEACH
> SOMEWHERE@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> MY DISK HAD A SCRATCH ON IT AND NOW IT WON"T DOWN LOAD OFFICE DEPOT WILL
>> NOT
>> GIVE ME MY MONEY BACK OR A DISK WHAT TO DO
>
> Check with the manufacturer of your computer. You should be able to
> purchase a replacement.
>
> Kerry

Anonymous
April 25, 2005 4:58:58 AM

"THE DUDE NEEDS HELP SOMEBEACH SOMEWHERE" <THE DUDE NEEDS HELP SOMEBEACH
SOMEWHERE@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> MY DISK HAD A SCRATCH ON IT AND NOW IT WON"T DOWN LOAD OFFICE DEPOT WILL
> NOT
> GIVE ME MY MONEY BACK OR A DISK WHAT TO DO

Your disk won't download Office???

Hmmmmm....
Anonymous
April 25, 2005 3:06:58 PM

The term 'download' is used by many people who do not understand the
difference between install, load and download..

One can't just assume that the person is a software pirate..

--
Mike Hall
MVP - Windows Shell/user

http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

"D.Currie" <dmbcurrie.nospam@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> "THE DUDE NEEDS HELP SOMEBEACH SOMEWHERE" <THE DUDE NEEDS HELP SOMEBEACH
> SOMEWHERE@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> MY DISK HAD A SCRATCH ON IT AND NOW IT WON"T DOWN LOAD OFFICE DEPOT WILL
>> NOT
>> GIVE ME MY MONEY BACK OR A DISK WHAT TO DO
>
> Your disk won't download Office???
>
> Hmmmmm....

April 25, 2005 3:06:59 PM

Put a period between LOAD and OFFICE and you will remove him from Pirate
status.
> The term 'download' is used by many people who do not understand the
> difference between install, load and download..
>
> One can't just assume that the person is a software pirate..
>
> --
> Mike Hall
> MVP - Windows Shell/user
>
> http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm
>

> "D.Currie" <dmbcurrie.nospam@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>>
>> "THE DUDE NEEDS HELP SOMEBEACH SOMEWHERE" <THE DUDE NEEDS HELP SOMEBEACH
>> SOMEWHERE@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>>> MY DISK HAD A SCRATCH ON IT AND NOW IT WON"T DOWN LOAD OFFICE DEPOT
>>> WILL NOT
>>> GIVE ME MY MONEY BACK OR A DISK WHAT TO DO
>>
>> Your disk won't download Office???
>>
>> Hmmmmm....

Anonymous
April 25, 2005 7:51:17 PM

I wasn't even thinking of piracy, I was wondering how his windows disk was
trying to download anything.

!