XP SP2 DISC HAS A SCRATCH ONI IT

MY DISK HAD A SCRATCH ON IT AND NOW IT WON"T DOWN LOAD OFFICE DEPOT WILL NOT
GIVE ME MY MONEY BACK OR A DISK WHAT TO DO
9 answers Last reply
More about disc scratch

    "THE DUDE NEEDS HELP SOMEBEACH SOMEWHERE" <THE DUDE NEEDS HELP SOMEBEACH
    SOMEWHERE@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > MY DISK HAD A SCRATCH ON IT AND NOW IT WON"T DOWN LOAD OFFICE DEPOT WILL
    > NOT
    > GIVE ME MY MONEY BACK OR A DISK WHAT TO DO

    Check with the manufacturer of your computer. You should be able to purchase
    a replacement.

    Kerry

    Data Rescue: http://www.naltech.com/

    --
    Peter
    Toronto, Canada
    "THE DUDE NEEDS HELP SOMEBEACH SOMEWHERE" <THE DUDE NEEDS HELP SOMEBEACH
    SOMEWHERE@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > MY DISK HAD A SCRATCH ON IT AND NOW IT WON"T DOWN LOAD OFFICE DEPOT WILL
    > NOT
    > GIVE ME MY MONEY BACK OR A DISK WHAT TO DO

    Presumably, you bought a RETAIL upgrade or full XP version, and the box
    would have been green or blue.. if so, click on the link below..

    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;326246

    One more thing.. either fix the CAPS LOCK key on your keyboard, or during
    your next visit to Office Depot, consider buying a new keyboard..

    Good luck with your CD quest..

    --
    Mike Hall
    MVP - Windows Shell/user

    http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

    "THE DUDE NEEDS HELP SOMEBEACH SOMEWHERE" <THE DUDE NEEDS HELP SOMEBEACH
    SOMEWHERE@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > MY DISK HAD A SCRATCH ON IT AND NOW IT WON"T DOWN LOAD OFFICE DEPOT WILL
    > NOT
    > GIVE ME MY MONEY BACK OR A DISK WHAT TO DO

    Try rubbing the scratch with toothpaste then rinse and dry. Works
    everytime..........

    "THE DUDE NEEDS HELP SOMEBEACH SOMEWHERE" <THE DUDE NEEDS HELP SOMEBEACH
    SOMEWHERE@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > MY DISK HAD A SCRATCH ON IT AND NOW IT WON"T DOWN LOAD OFFICE DEPOT WILL
    > NOT
    > GIVE ME MY MONEY BACK OR A DISK WHAT TO DO

    If the scratch is not too deep (i.e. it's only on surface) you may be able
    to "repair" it.

    WARNING - do not try this method until you are at the point of throwing the
    disk away since it will create some fine scratches that will prevent anyone
    from giving you a replacement or a refund. - WARNING

    Use a drop of fine abrasive such as silver polish and rub lightly along the
    scratch in a (small) circular motion using a fine cloth. Wash off the excess
    with clean water and blot-dry the disk with tissues. Polish the surface with
    a soft cloth (like the type used to clean glasses) and then try the disk
    again.

    WARNING - do not try this method until you are at the point of throwing the
    disk away since it will create some fine scratches that will prevent anyone
    from giving you a replacement or a refund. - WARNING

    The idea is to disguise the original scratch so that the laser can shine
    through to the data track without being disrupted beyond the tolerances of
    the drive. You will see the marks but the drive should ignore them.

    It's worked for me with data cd's and even commercial DVD's.

    Nick

    "Kerry Brown" <kerry@kdbNOSPAMsystems.c*o*m> wrote in message
    > "THE DUDE NEEDS HELP SOMEBEACH SOMEWHERE" <THE DUDE NEEDS HELP SOMEBEACH
    > SOMEWHERE@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >> MY DISK HAD A SCRATCH ON IT AND NOW IT WON"T DOWN LOAD OFFICE DEPOT WILL
    >> NOT
    >> GIVE ME MY MONEY BACK OR A DISK WHAT TO DO
    >
    > Check with the manufacturer of your computer. You should be able to
    > purchase a replacement.
    >
    > Kerry

    "THE DUDE NEEDS HELP SOMEBEACH SOMEWHERE" <THE DUDE NEEDS HELP SOMEBEACH
    SOMEWHERE@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > MY DISK HAD A SCRATCH ON IT AND NOW IT WON"T DOWN LOAD OFFICE DEPOT WILL
    > NOT
    > GIVE ME MY MONEY BACK OR A DISK WHAT TO DO

    Your disk won't download Office???

    Hmmmmm....

    The term 'download' is used by many people who do not understand the
    difference between install, load and download..

    One can't just assume that the person is a software pirate..

    --
    Mike Hall
    MVP - Windows Shell/user

    http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

    "D.Currie" <dmbcurrie.nospam@hotmail.com> wrote in message

    > "THE DUDE NEEDS HELP SOMEBEACH SOMEWHERE" <THE DUDE NEEDS HELP SOMEBEACH
    > SOMEWHERE@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >> MY DISK HAD A SCRATCH ON IT AND NOW IT WON"T DOWN LOAD OFFICE DEPOT WILL
    >> NOT
    >> GIVE ME MY MONEY BACK OR A DISK WHAT TO DO
    >
    > Your disk won't download Office???
    >
    > Hmmmmm....

    Put a period between LOAD and OFFICE and you will remove him from Pirate
    status.
    > The term 'download' is used by many people who do not understand the
    > difference between install, load and download..
    >
    > One can't just assume that the person is a software pirate..
    >
    > --
    > Mike Hall
    > MVP - Windows Shell/user
    >
    > http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm
    >

    > "D.Currie" <dmbcurrie.nospam@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    >>
    >> "THE DUDE NEEDS HELP SOMEBEACH SOMEWHERE" <THE DUDE NEEDS HELP SOMEBEACH
    >> SOMEWHERE@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >>> MY DISK HAD A SCRATCH ON IT AND NOW IT WON"T DOWN LOAD OFFICE DEPOT
    >>> WILL NOT
    >>> GIVE ME MY MONEY BACK OR A DISK WHAT TO DO
    >>
    >> Your disk won't download Office???
    >>
    >> Hmmmmm....

    I wasn't even thinking of piracy, I was wondering how his windows disk was
    trying to download anything.

    "shakey" <shakey@sonic.net> wrote in message
    > Put a period between LOAD and OFFICE and you will remove him from Pirate
    > status.
    > "Mike Hall (MS-MVP)" <mike.hall.mail@sympatico.ca> wrote in message
    >> The term 'download' is used by many people who do not understand the
    >> difference between install, load and download..
    >>
    >> One can't just assume that the person is a software pirate..
    >>
    >> --
    >> Mike Hall
    >> MVP - Windows Shell/user
    >>
    >> http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm
    >>

    >> "D.Currie" <dmbcurrie.nospam@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    >>>
    >>> "THE DUDE NEEDS HELP SOMEBEACH SOMEWHERE" <THE DUDE NEEDS HELP SOMEBEACH
    >>> SOMEWHERE@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >>>
    >>> Your disk won't download Office???
    >>>
    >>> Hmmmmm....

Support Microsoft Windows XP