Liverpool with and withouth Steven Gerrard in the lineup:

If you count this years games (including the cups), liverpool has won 14
out of 28 (3 draws, 11 losses) with Gerrard
playing. a 50% winning ratio.

Without Gerrard they`ve won 9 out of 15 (2 draws and 4 losses). 60%
winning ratio.

The ones that got to see the 3-1 victory over Leverkusen (champ league
finalist 3 seasons ago) and the fantastic game aginst Fulham, where they
were 2-0 down half time and turned it around in the second half, and won
4-2 KNOWS that there`s a life without Gearrard in liverpools midfield.
It`s a trend in other clubs as well. When the "big star" is gone, the
others work harder.

Em Mon, 28 Feb 2005 21:02:02 +0100, Sunhill <yesigotone@you.no> escreveu:

> Liverpool with and withouth Steven Gerrard in the lineup:
>
> If you count this years games (including the cups), liverpool has won 14
> out of 28 (3 draws, 11 losses) with Gerrard
> playing. a 50% winning ratio.
>
> Without Gerrard they`ve won 9 out of 15 (2 draws and 4 losses). 60%
> winning ratio.
>
> The ones that got to see the 3-1 victory over Leverkusen (champ league
> finalist 3 seasons ago) and the fantastic game aginst Fulham, where they
> were 2-0 down half time and turned it around in the second half, and won
> 4-2 KNOWS that there`s a life without Gearrard in liverpools midfield.
> It`s a trend in other clubs as well. When the "big star" is gone, the
> others work harder.

i've mentioned it to hamish another day, Gerrard is great but he freaks
out the others

--
The Brazilian Man
* before complaining about my post, just realise you have the option of

Dazza

Distinguished
Nov 1, 2002

Being a staunch liverpool fan since I was knee high to a grasshopper I have
to say that I for one will not be sad for Gerrard to go.

£40-50m to Real Madrid ( I don't think he will go to another English club )
and we could buy 2 class midfielders, I would get Ballack and Owen
Hargreaves.( Hamman can be used as a makeweight )

Also buy a class Centre Back and Left Back and a left/right winger.

This will then give us a squad to win things.

Give Carra the captaincy and put Kirkland / Carson in Goal and get rid of
Dudek.

no player is bigger than any club and LFC should not be held to ransom.

Give Stevie G an ultimatum, Sign a long term deal ( 3-4 years ) of F**k
Off.

Thank you for listening

Dazza

"The Brazilian Man" <eduNOSPAMliguori@yahoo.com.br> wrote in message
Em Mon, 28 Feb 2005 21:02:02 +0100, Sunhill <yesigotone@you.no> escreveu:

> Liverpool with and withouth Steven Gerrard in the lineup:
>
> If you count this years games (including the cups), liverpool has won 14
> out of 28 (3 draws, 11 losses) with Gerrard
> playing. a 50% winning ratio.
>
> Without Gerrard they`ve won 9 out of 15 (2 draws and 4 losses). 60%
> winning ratio.
>
> The ones that got to see the 3-1 victory over Leverkusen (champ league
> finalist 3 seasons ago) and the fantastic game aginst Fulham, where they
> were 2-0 down half time and turned it around in the second half, and won
> 4-2 KNOWS that there`s a life without Gearrard in liverpools midfield.
> It`s a trend in other clubs as well. When the "big star" is gone, the
> others work harder.

i've mentioned it to hamish another day, Gerrard is great but he freaks
out the others

--
The Brazilian Man
* before complaining about my post, just realise you have the option of
not read it*
a strong fan of Brazil, Palmeiras and Chelsea!
Have fun!

gareth

Distinguished
Feb 8, 2001

"Dazza" <darren@NOSPAMeidosnet.co.uk> wrote in message
> Being a staunch liverpool fan since I was knee high to a grasshopper I
> have to say that I for one will not be sad for Gerrard to go.
>
> £40-50m to Real Madrid ( I don't think he will go to another English
> club ) and we could buy 2 class midfielders, I would get Ballack and Owen
> Hargreaves.( Hamman can be used as a makeweight )
>
> Also buy a class Centre Back and Left Back and a left/right winger.
>
> This will then give us a squad to win things.
>
> Give Carra the captaincy and put Kirkland / Carson in Goal and get rid of
> Dudek.
>
> no player is bigger than any club and LFC should not be held to ransom.
>
> Give Stevie G an ultimatum, Sign a long term deal ( 3-4 years ) of F**k
> Off.
>
> Thank you for listening
>
> Dazza

6 months ago/ a year ago I wouldnt have agree'd but in Liverpool's
situation they could do with a stronger team not just one strong player,
undoubtedly stevie g is one of the best midfielders in the world and he's
proven that I think with his drive and enthusiasm and the way he can change
a game completely, but at the end of the day no player is bigger than any
club and if he doesnt want to stay at the end of the season and a sum of
£30+ million floats in I think the manager and board would be a bit foolish
not to accept.
Good points Dazza i'm glad someone else shares my opinion.

Jabberwocky

"Dazza" <darren@NOSPAMeidosnet.co.uk> wrote in message
> Being a staunch liverpool fan since I was knee high to a grasshopper I
> have to say that I for one will not be sad for Gerrard to go.
>
> £40-50m to Real Madrid ( I don't think he will go to another English
> club ) and we could buy 2 class midfielders, I would get Ballack and Owen
> Hargreaves.( Hamman can be used as a makeweight )

ROFLMAO you mentioned Quality Midfielders and Owen Hargreaves in the same
sentence.... That lost all credibility for whatever else you said after that
point.

> Also buy a class Centre Back and Left Back and a left/right winger.
>
> This will then give us a squad to win things.
>
> Give Carra the captaincy and put Kirkland / Carson in Goal and get rid of
> Dudek.
>
> no player is bigger than any club and LFC should not be held to ransom.
>
> Give Stevie G an ultimatum, Sign a long term deal ( 3-4 years ) of F**k
> Off.
>
> Thank you for listening
>
> Dazza
>

> "The Brazilian Man" <eduNOSPAMliguori@yahoo.com.br> wrote in message
> Em Mon, 28 Feb 2005 21:02:02 +0100, Sunhill <yesigotone@you.no> escreveu:
>
>> Liverpool with and withouth Steven Gerrard in the lineup:
>>
>> If you count this years games (including the cups), liverpool has won 14
>> out of 28 (3 draws, 11 losses) with Gerrard
>> playing. a 50% winning ratio.
>>
>> Without Gerrard they`ve won 9 out of 15 (2 draws and 4 losses). 60%
>> winning ratio.
>>
>> The ones that got to see the 3-1 victory over Leverkusen (champ league
>> finalist 3 seasons ago) and the fantastic game aginst Fulham, where they
>> were 2-0 down half time and turned it around in the second half, and won
>> 4-2 KNOWS that there`s a life without Gearrard in liverpools midfield.
>> It`s a trend in other clubs as well. When the "big star" is gone, the
>> others work harder.
>
> i've mentioned it to hamish another day, Gerrard is great but he freaks
> out the others
>
> --
> The Brazilian Man
> * before complaining about my post, just realise you have the option of
> not read it*
> a strong fan of Brazil, Palmeiras and Chelsea!
> Have fun!

<snip>

As many others have said many a time, no-one is bigger than the team. Beckam
wasn't bigger than the Mancs (read the Scum) and Gerrard is likewise. What
pisses me off is that he is a scouser through and through. He is the captain
for the club that has supported all his life and he still wants more. When
I think of Maldini I think of an AC legend. He could have left in thier
leaner days but he stayed. Same with Baresi. On a differnt perspective
someone like Giggs who knows he will never win a trophy for his country
would never play with any less passion for them. What I see from Gerrard
this season is the indifference and arrogance that is detrimental to us. It
comes as no surprise to me that we win moe games without him than with. Last
season i would ahve been genuinely surprised but not now. It also doesn't
help when the media hype him up so much. He COULD have been the best
midfielder in the world and maybe he still can but he isn't at the moment. I
remember the player that he was in the first few seasons with us, nay I
still remember the player he was for us last season but I don't see on the
pitch. His tackling is sporadic at best. His passing is not as accurate as
before. No longer can he whip out an inch perfect pass from 50 yards
anymore. He needs 2-3 attempts at it nowadays and he still tends to over or
under hit it. His drive and determination? Recently his head is the first
one to drop when things don't go well. As far as I'm concerned I hope he
goes. I wish we could get £30 million for him but I am a realist. More like
£15 million and a player. if he goes to Chelsea the we will get a Joe Cole
or Scott Parker in return. If he goes to Real then we will ahve a Solari on
our books next season. Either way 'Long Live Alonso'!

Jabberwocky

"*****General" <*****General@j.invalid> wrote in message
> <snip>
>
> On a differnt perspective someone like Giggs who knows he will never win
> a trophy for his country would never play with any less passion for them.

You must be thinking of a different Giggs then coz I seem to remember a guy
named giggs who'd only play for his country if it was against a good team,
he should have a hell of a lot more caps then he does, he's ashamed of his
heritage and is what WAS wrong with football for a long time, but since
Wales met Italy and the good teams all of a sudden he's no longer "injured"
1 day before the game and kept back at OT...

Seriously think of a better analogy. The maldini one i agree with, Along
with Baresi too.

--
`Twas brillig, and the slithy toves
Did gyre and gimble in the wabe;

Admin of one of the best FM sites around:
http://www.fmunderground.net/

View my Story / Poem profile on :
http://www.writing.com/main/view_item/user_id/shadowalk

"Jabberwocky" <jibberjabber@gmail.com> wrote in message
> "*****General" <*****General@j.invalid> wrote in message
>> <snip>
>>
>> On a differnt perspective someone like Giggs who knows he will never win
>> a trophy for his country would never play with any less passion for them.
>
> You must be thinking of a different Giggs then coz I seem to remember a
> guy named giggs who'd only play for his country if it was against a good
> team, he should have a hell of a lot more caps then he does, he's ashamed
> of his heritage and is what WAS wrong with football for a long time, but
> since Wales met Italy and the good teams all of a sudden he's no longer
> "injured" 1 day before the game and kept back at OT...
>
> Seriously think of a better analogy. The maldini one i agree with, Along
> with Baresi too.

I should have known better than to rely on a Manc. But you get my point and
apart from Maldini and Baresi I could cite a dozen others. I just have an
affinity with Milan after their midweek exploits.

> The maldini one i agree with, Along
>> with Baresi too.
>>

> I should have known better than to rely on a Manc. But you get my point
> and apart from Maldini and Baresi I could cite a dozen others. I just have
> an affinity with Milan after their midweek exploits.

Yeah I totally get your idea, that there's a few people in clubs that
genuinely will be a team player for that team, that the club colours run
through their veins FROM the begining.

In an arsenal sense I think Tony Adams is the most recent example of someone
that played 100% just for arsenal, but you mean more than just standing by a
team you mean those that even if they win something one year then for the
next 4-5 years win nothing, they still stand by the team, Milan did have a
few of those. And it is a rare commodity.

at the moment, I think Thierry Henry is going to stay at arsenal for life
from now on, (he joined when 22, so i def see him getting a 10 year ani
anyways) and Shearer after he moved BACK to newcastle sticking with them,
would rather join the team he lives for than the succesful team. Becomes an
idol.

--

Jabberwocky wrote:
> "*****General" <*****General@j.invalid> wrote in message
>
>> The maldini one i agree with, Along
>>
>>>with Baresi too.
>>>

>>I should have known better than to rely on a Manc. But you get my point
>>and apart from Maldini and Baresi I could cite a dozen others. I just have
>>an affinity with Milan after their midweek exploits.
>>

> Yeah I totally get your idea, that there's a few people in clubs that
> genuinely will be a team player for that team, that the club colours run
> through their veins FROM the begining.
>
> In an arsenal sense I think Tony Adams is the most recent example of someone
> that played 100% just for arsenal, but you mean more than just standing by a
> team you mean those that even if they win something one year then for the
> next 4-5 years win nothing, they still stand by the team, Milan did have a
> few of those. And it is a rare commodity.
>
> at the moment, I think Thierry Henry is going to stay at arsenal for life
> from now on, (he joined when 22, so i def see him getting a 10 year ani
> anyways) and Shearer after he moved BACK to newcastle sticking with them,
> would rather join the team he lives for than the succesful team. Becomes an
> idol.

For Chelsea it would have to have been Dennis Wise - that guy had blue
blood running through his veins!

--

"That slow motion replay doesn't show how fast the ball was travelling"
- Richie Benaud

On Mon, 28 Feb 2005 21:13:06 GMT, "Jabberwocky"
<jibberjabber@gmail.com> wrote:

>"Dazza" <darren@NOSPAMeidosnet.co.uk> wrote in message
>> Being a staunch liverpool fan since I was knee high to a grasshopper I
>> have to say that I for one will not be sad for Gerrard to go.
>>
>> £40-50m to Real Madrid ( I don't think he will go to another English
>> club ) and we could buy 2 class midfielders, I would get Ballack and Owen
>> Hargreaves.( Hamman can be used as a makeweight )
>
>ROFLMAO you mentioned Quality Midfielders and Owen Hargreaves in the same
>sentence.... That lost all credibility for whatever else you said after that
>point.

i was thinking that.......

oh and hamann wouldnt be much of a makeweight, since his deals up in
the summer iirc.
--

gamertag: chrisflynnuk
Live Line-up: RS3, RS3:BA, PGR2, Links04, SC:pT, Toca2, RSC2, MM3,

Toby Briggs wrote:
> For Chelsea it would have to have been Dennis Wise - that guy had blue blood running through his veins!

I definitely remember blood running many times when Wise was playing.

--
Stephen Weir

List of Games for Sale - http://www.glipe.free-online.co.uk/index.htm
ICQ # 11472386

Dazza wrote:
> Being a staunch liverpool fan since I was knee high to a grasshopper I have
> to say that I for one will not be sad for Gerrard to go.
>
> £40-50m to Real Madrid ( I don't think he will go to another English club )
> and we could buy 2 class midfielders, I would get Ballack and Owen
> Hargreaves.( Hamman can be used as a makeweight )
>
> Also buy a class Centre Back and Left Back and a left/right winger.
>
> This will then give us a squad to win things.
>
> Give Carra the captaincy and put Kirkland / Carson in Goal and get rid of
> Dudek.
>
> no player is bigger than any club and LFC should not be held to ransom.
>
> Give Stevie G an ultimatum, Sign a long term deal ( 3-4 years ) of F**k
> Off.
>
> Thank you for listening
>
> Dazza
>

> "The Brazilian Man" <eduNOSPAMliguori@yahoo.com.br> wrote in message
> Em Mon, 28 Feb 2005 21:02:02 +0100, Sunhill <yesigotone@you.no> escreveu:
>

>>Liverpool with and withouth Steven Gerrard in the lineup:
>>
>>If you count this years games (including the cups), liverpool has won 14
>>out of 28 (3 draws, 11 losses) with Gerrard
>>playing. a 50% winning ratio.
>>
>>Without Gerrard they`ve won 9 out of 15 (2 draws and 4 losses). 60%
>>winning ratio.
>>
>>The ones that got to see the 3-1 victory over Leverkusen (champ league
>>finalist 3 seasons ago) and the fantastic game aginst Fulham, where they
>>were 2-0 down half time and turned it around in the second half, and won
>>4-2 KNOWS that there`s a life without Gearrard in liverpools midfield.
>>It`s a trend in other clubs as well. When the "big star" is gone, the
>>others work harder.
>

> i've mentioned it to hamish another day, Gerrard is great but he freaks
> out the others

You are SO right!!

> "*****General" <*****General@j.invalid> wrote in message
>>
>> The maldini one i agree with, Along
>>> with Baresi too.
>>>

>> I should have known better than to rely on a Manc. But you get my point
>> and apart from Maldini and Baresi I could cite a dozen others. I just
>> have an affinity with Milan after their midweek exploits.
>>

> Yeah I totally get your idea, that there's a few people in clubs that
> genuinely will be a team player for that team, that the club colours run
> through their veins FROM the begining.
>
> In an arsenal sense I think Tony Adams is the most recent example of
> someone that played 100% just for arsenal, but you mean more than just
> standing by a team you mean those that even if they win something one year
> then for the next 4-5 years win nothing, they still stand by the team,
> Milan did have a few of those. And it is a rare commodity.
>
> at the moment, I think Thierry Henry is going to stay at arsenal for life
> from now on, (he joined when 22, so i def see him getting a 10 year ani
> anyways) and Shearer after he moved BACK to newcastle sticking with them,
> would rather join the team he lives for than the succesful team. Becomes
> an idol.
>
> --

Henry will be around as long as Wenger is and Wenger will be around until
they win the Champions League. Anyone care to hazard a guess as to when that
will be?

"Stephen Weir" <sweir@sweir.free-online.co.uk> wrote in message
> Toby Briggs wrote:
>> For Chelsea it would have to have been Dennis Wise - that guy had blue
>> blood running through his veins!

For us I think it will be Carragher.

On Mon, 28 Feb 2005 21:02:02 +0100, Sunhill wrote:

> Liverpool with and withouth Steven Gerrard in the lineup:
>
> If you count this years games (including the cups), liverpool has won 14
> out of 28 (3 draws, 11 losses) with Gerrard
> playing. a 50% winning ratio.
>
> Without Gerrard they`ve won 9 out of 15 (2 draws and 4 losses). 60%
> winning ratio.
>
> The ones that got to see the 3-1 victory over Leverkusen (champ league
> finalist 3 seasons ago) and the fantastic game aginst Fulham, where they
> were 2-0 down half time and turned it around in the second half, and won
> 4-2 KNOWS that there`s a life without Gearrard in liverpools midfield.
> It`s a trend in other clubs as well. When the "big star" is gone, the
> others work harder.

Hamann and Xabi Alonso isn't too bad of a midfield partnership.

--
- / - Daniel - / -

On Tue, 01 Mar 2005 12:12:45 +0000, Toby Briggs wrote:

> Jabberwocky wrote:
>> "*****General" <*****General@j.invalid> wrote in message
>>
>>> The maldini one i agree with, Along

>>>I should have known better than to rely on a Manc. But you get my point
>>>and apart from Maldini and Baresi I could cite a dozen others. I just have
>>>an affinity with Milan after their midweek exploits.
>>>

>> Yeah I totally get your idea, that there's a few people in clubs that
>> genuinely will be a team player for that team, that the club colours run
>> through their veins FROM the begining.
>>
>> In an arsenal sense I think Tony Adams is the most recent example of someone
>> that played 100% just for arsenal, but you mean more than just standing by a
>> team you mean those that even if they win something one year then for the
>> next 4-5 years win nothing, they still stand by the team, Milan did have a
>> few of those. And it is a rare commodity.
>>
>> at the moment, I think Thierry Henry is going to stay at arsenal for life
>> from now on, (he joined when 22, so i def see him getting a 10 year ani
>> anyways) and Shearer after he moved BACK to newcastle sticking with them,
>> would rather join the team he lives for than the succesful team. Becomes an
>> idol.
>>

> For Chelsea it would have to have been Dennis Wise - that guy had blue
> blood running through his veins!

Never realised he was one of those toff types..

--
- / - Daniel - / -

> £40-50m to Real Madrid ( I don't think he will go to another English
> club ) and we could buy 2 class midfielders, I would get Ballack and
> Owen Hargreaves.( Hamman can be used as a makeweight )

And for the 2 class midfielders?...

> For Chelsea it would have to have been Dennis Wise - that guy had blue
> blood running through his veins!

Pity he's a twat.