system restore not working

April 24, 2005 6:53:28 PM

i am currently trying to use system retore and have tried all restore
points of whitch there are a lot but none are working,does anyone know
why?

--
beeb

More about : system restore working

Anonymous
April 24, 2005 6:53:29 PM

Hi Beeb,

Here are some troubleshooting tips for System Restore in Windows XP.
Please post the event information from Event Viewer as suggested in
the page below along with any other error message generated by System
Restore. This will help us in diagnosing the problem.
System Restore Failures to restore:
http://home.earthlink.net/~mvp_bert/html/srfail.html

There's a good chance the existing restore points are corrupt and will
need to be purged by disabling and enabling System Restore.
http://home.earthlink.net/~mvp_bert/html/disablesr.html

--
Regards,
Bert Kinney MS-MVP Shell/User

beeb wrote:
> i am currently trying to use system retore and have tried
> all restore points of whitch there are a lot but none are
> working,does anyone know why?
April 25, 2005 12:55:56 AM

I had the same problem and it was fixed by using the "Fix Blank
Calendar" script from:
http://home.earthlink.net/~mvp_bert/html/srfail.html

Look under the scripts tab on the left of the page.

Bert Kinney wrote:

> Hi Beeb,
>
> Here are some troubleshooting tips for System Restore in Windows XP.
> Please post the event information from Event Viewer as suggested in
> the page below along with any other error message generated by System
> Restore. This will help us in diagnosing the problem.
> System Restore Failures to restore:
> http://home.earthlink.net/~mvp_bert/html/srfail.html
>
> There's a good chance the existing restore points are corrupt and will
> need to be purged by disabling and enabling System Restore.
> http://home.earthlink.net/~mvp_bert/html/disablesr.html
>
> --
> Regards,
> Bert Kinney MS-MVP Shell/User
> http://dts-l.org/
>
> beeb wrote:
> > i am currently trying to use system retore and have tried
> > all restore points of whitch there are a lot but none are
> > working,does anyone know why?
April 25, 2005 2:39:30 AM

Yes I know, it's my web site.
Beeb didn't say the calendar was empty, but that the present restore
points did not work.
The script in question is to correct the Registry associations that
cause this blank calendar.

--

x@ray.com wrote:
> I had the same problem and it was fixed by using the "Fix
> Blank Calendar" script from:
> http://home.earthlink.net/~mvp_bert/html/srfail.html
>
> Look under the scripts tab on the left of the page.
>

> Bert Kinney wrote:
>>
>> Hi Beeb,
>>
>> Here are some troubleshooting tips for System Restore in
>> Windows XP. Please post the event information from Event
>> Viewer as suggested in the page below along with any
>> other error message generated by System Restore. This
>> will help us in diagnosing the problem.
>> System Restore Failures to restore:
>> http://home.earthlink.net/~mvp_bert/html/srfail.html
>>
>> There's a good chance the existing restore points are
>> corrupt and will need to be purged by disabling and
>> enabling System Restore.
>> http://home.earthlink.net/~mvp_bert/html/disablesr.html
>>
>> --
>> Regards,
>> Bert Kinney MS-MVP Shell/User
>> http://dts-l.org/
>>
>> beeb wrote:
>>> i am currently trying to use system retore and have
>>> tried all restore points of whitch there are a lot but
>>> none are working,does anyone know why?
April 25, 2005 4:34:16 AM

My calendar wasn't empty either, but using the registry fix did correct
my problem of all my restore points wouldn't work. I tried emptying
them, re-installing system restore,.... They now work after the script
fixed 2 registry associations.

!