system restore not working

i am currently trying to use system retore and have tried all restore
points of whitch there are a lot but none are working,does anyone know
why?

--
beeb
4 answers Last reply

    Hi Beeb,

    Here are some troubleshooting tips for System Restore in Windows XP.
    Please post the event information from Event Viewer as suggested in
    the page below along with any other error message generated by System
    Restore. This will help us in diagnosing the problem.
    System Restore Failures to restore:
    http://home.earthlink.net/~mvp_bert/html/srfail.html

    There's a good chance the existing restore points are corrupt and will
    need to be purged by disabling and enabling System Restore.
    http://home.earthlink.net/~mvp_bert/html/disablesr.html

    --
    Regards,
    Bert Kinney MS-MVP Shell/User

    beeb wrote:
    > i am currently trying to use system retore and have tried
    > all restore points of whitch there are a lot but none are
    > working,does anyone know why?

    I had the same problem and it was fixed by using the "Fix Blank
    Calendar" script from:
    http://home.earthlink.net/~mvp_bert/html/srfail.html

    Look under the scripts tab on the left of the page.

    Bert Kinney wrote:

    > Hi Beeb,
    >
    > Here are some troubleshooting tips for System Restore in Windows XP.
    > Please post the event information from Event Viewer as suggested in
    > the page below along with any other error message generated by System
    > Restore. This will help us in diagnosing the problem.
    > System Restore Failures to restore:
    > http://home.earthlink.net/~mvp_bert/html/srfail.html
    >
    > There's a good chance the existing restore points are corrupt and will
    > need to be purged by disabling and enabling System Restore.
    > http://home.earthlink.net/~mvp_bert/html/disablesr.html
    >
    > --
    > Regards,
    > Bert Kinney MS-MVP Shell/User
    > http://dts-l.org/
    >
    > beeb wrote:
    > > i am currently trying to use system retore and have tried
    > > all restore points of whitch there are a lot but none are
    > > working,does anyone know why?

    Yes I know, it's my web site.
    Beeb didn't say the calendar was empty, but that the present restore
    points did not work.
    The script in question is to correct the Registry associations that
    cause this blank calendar.

    --

    x@ray.com wrote:
    > I had the same problem and it was fixed by using the "Fix
    > Blank Calendar" script from:
    > http://home.earthlink.net/~mvp_bert/html/srfail.html
    >
    > Look under the scripts tab on the left of the page.
    >

    > Bert Kinney wrote:
    >>
    >> Hi Beeb,
    >>
    >> Here are some troubleshooting tips for System Restore in
    >> Windows XP. Please post the event information from Event
    >> Viewer as suggested in the page below along with any
    >> other error message generated by System Restore. This
    >> will help us in diagnosing the problem.
    >> System Restore Failures to restore:
    >> http://home.earthlink.net/~mvp_bert/html/srfail.html
    >>
    >> There's a good chance the existing restore points are
    >> corrupt and will need to be purged by disabling and
    >> enabling System Restore.
    >> http://home.earthlink.net/~mvp_bert/html/disablesr.html
    >>
    >> --
    >> Regards,
    >> Bert Kinney MS-MVP Shell/User
    >> http://dts-l.org/
    >>
    >> beeb wrote:
    >>> i am currently trying to use system retore and have
    >>> tried all restore points of whitch there are a lot but
    >>> none are working,does anyone know why?

    My calendar wasn't empty either, but using the registry fix did correct
    my problem of all my restore points wouldn't work. I tried emptying
    them, re-installing system restore,.... They now work after the script
    fixed 2 registry associations.

    Bert Kinney wrote:

    > Yes I know, it's my web site.
    > Beeb didn't say the calendar was empty, but that the present restore
    > points did not work.
    > The script in question is to correct the Registry associations that
    > cause this blank calendar.
    >
    > --
    > Regards,
    > Bert Kinney MS-MVP Shell/User
    > http://dts-l.org/
    >
    > x@ray.com wrote:
    > > I had the same problem and it was fixed by using the "Fix
    > > Blank Calendar" script from:
    > > http://home.earthlink.net/~mvp_bert/html/srfail.html
    > >
    > > Look under the scripts tab on the left of the page.
    > >

    > > Bert Kinney wrote:
    > >>
    > >> Hi Beeb,
    > >>
    > >> Here are some troubleshooting tips for System Restore in
    > >> Windows XP. Please post the event information from Event
    > >> Viewer as suggested in the page below along with any
    > >> other error message generated by System Restore. This
    > >> will help us in diagnosing the problem.
    > >> System Restore Failures to restore:
    > >> http://home.earthlink.net/~mvp_bert/html/srfail.html
    > >>
    > >> There's a good chance the existing restore points are
    > >> corrupt and will need to be purged by disabling and
    > >> enabling System Restore.
    > >> http://home.earthlink.net/~mvp_bert/html/disablesr.html
    > >>
    > >> --
    > >> Regards,
    > >> Bert Kinney MS-MVP Shell/User
    > >> http://dts-l.org/

Support Microsoft System Restore Windows XP