HD Movie Editing and Burning in same quality

lalaruako

Distinguished
Jul 26, 2011
Hello, I have an HD movie file in MKV format. It is a 4.9GB file. I wish to make it readable using a DVD player... so my questions are:

1) Is it possible to reduce its file size to a 4.6GB so that it would fit into a DVD-R/RW?
-I have something in mind like reducing the movie duration up to 20% (from 100 min to 80 min, using an AVS Video Editor)

2) If i would be able to reduce its movie length, How can i produce it with same HD video quality?

3) lastly, how to burn the edited/reduced movie file into a DVD-R/RW (using Nero 9) to make it readable in my DVD player?

Thanks in advance

brucew0617

Distinguished
Jul 26, 2011
At first, if you want to convert your HD movie into DVD disc and then playback with DVD Player, I think you should change the resolution of this video. From the size of your MKV movie, I think this is a 720P movie. But DVD can only support 480P video. SO, if your video need convert to DVD format and burn into DVD disc, the resolution must need to be changed, and the size will reduce.

1. Yes, and must be. But you do not need to cut some flips from your movie. You just need to find a DVD Creator - a kind of software which can convert your video to VOB and create the DVD menu and burn into DVD disc.

2. You can not keep the same HD video quality, because DVD can not support 720P video.

3. Nero 9 can only burn your movie into DVD disc, but it can not change the video format. And as you know, DVD Player can not playback .MKV video.