Browsing the Internet after VPN established

I would like to know if it's possible for remote users to access the Internet
whilst a PPTP VPN is established. If so where can I find instructions to
help me acheive this.

Problem is: After connecting via VPN I can't browse the Internet.

Many thanks, I knew it was something simple but for the life of me I couldn't
remember. Again Many thanks for your help.

Noel (Dustproof)