XT Bios Flash for 9800pro's

Tyvy

Distinguished
Nov 22, 2001
Hey guys, I am picking up the MSI 9800 Pro Vid card today and was wondering how the XT bios flash works. Could anyone explian or direct me to some good resources!

Thanks

Willamette_sucks

Distinguished
Feb 24, 2002
Go jump off a cliff. That's not true at all.

The only difference there will be if he has an r350 core is that he will get some rendering anomalies in some situations as explained in my ATI BIOS Flashing post.

Me: are you saying I can't provide?
Me: cause I know I can provide.
Me: oh and I can provide money too;)
Rachel:): why do we need money when we can just stay in our room and have sex all day?

Willamette_sucks

Distinguished
Feb 24, 2002
Lol. They are pretty cool in 3dmark 03, but it would definately not be cool in games. Luckily they are very rare there.

Rachel:): why do we need money when we can just stay in our room and have sex all day?

cryo

Distinguished
May 3, 2001
C'mon, isn't there any other way to find what core you have, except flashing or removing the cooler? :frown:
I have a Hercules 9800Pro 128. The interesting thing is that it's the "Red Edition", it has a red PCB instead of the traditional blue one. I highly suspect it's an ATi (Sapphire) PCB (P/N seems to match some Sapphire/ATi's). As far as I know, these were among the last cards manufactured by Hercules, they probably didn't bother manufacturing another lot of PCB's, just used the GPU's on some other's PCB's. Being newer, maybe they have R360 core....

The information about the Hercules Red Edition 9800 Pro's is very scarce on the net... they seem more like UFO's, most people heard about them, but only a handfull have seen them :lol: . I am not even sure what kind of memory it has (it should be Samsung 2.8 ns, as the normal Hercules do, remember that Hercules puts copper coolers on memory also)

Isn't there any diagnostic tool able to show the core version, or at least info about memory?

"I cannot give you a brain, but I can give you a diploma"
- The Wizard of Oz, talking to the Scarecrow<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by cryo on 05/07/04 04:27 AM.</EM></FONT></P>

Willamette_sucks

Distinguished
Feb 24, 2002
There is a program that is supposed to tell you, but I forgot the name of it. Also I heard someone say that the program claimed they had an r350 when "r360" was clearly printed on the die.

Whats the big deal about removing the hsf or flashing it?