Preventing auto launch

Dave

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2003

I installed Dragon Naturally Speaking voice recognition software v8 on my
Dell desktop running windows XP SP2.

This program automatically launches itself into memory upon startup. Yet I
do not see anything in the Windows Start folder.

How can I prevent this application from automatically starting?

Hi Dave,

First take a look for any setting with the program in question to
disable auto start. The help menu may be of assistance.

If you can not find anything there, go to Start - Run and type
msconfig then press enter.
On the Startup tab look for the file that starts the program in the
Command column.
The Location column will indicate where the program is being launched
from.

--
Regards,
Bert Kinney MS-MVP Shell/User