Problem in "Add or Remove Programs"

April 24, 2005 4:29:01 PM

I have windows XP and am having a very strange situation when I go into "add
or remove programs." There is a huge space that is black and is located
somewhere in the middle of the list of programs. So far I have removed the
program directly above the black area, checked for viruses and spyware, and
looked at any recently added programs. I have been unsuccessful in
resolveing this problem. Has anyone ever encountered this before?!?!
Anonymous
April 24, 2005 8:18:38 PM

Hi Ryan,

I believe this fix also applies.
Go to the following site and scroll down to "Add or Remove - White
Space".
http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_a.htm#addremove

--
Regards,
Bert Kinney MS-MVP Shell/User

Ryan wrote:
> I have windows XP and am having a very strange situation
> when I go into "add or remove programs." There is a huge
> space that is black and is located somewhere in the
> middle of the list of programs. So far I have removed the
> program directly above the black area, checked for
> viruses and spyware, and looked at any recently added
> programs. I have been unsuccessful in resolveing this
> problem. Has anyone ever encountered this before?!?!
April 25, 2005 12:21:19 AM

Take a look at this article.

Add/Remove Programs tool displays installed programs incorrectly
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;EN-US;Q266668&FR=1

"Ryan" <Ryan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have windows XP and am having a very strange situation when I go into
>"add
> or remove programs." There is a huge space that is black and is located
> somewhere in the middle of the list of programs. So far I have removed the
> program directly above the black area, checked for viruses and spyware,
> and
> looked at any recently added programs. I have been unsuccessful in
> resolveing this problem. Has anyone ever encountered this before?!?!

Anonymous
April 25, 2005 7:09:29 PM

Remove the White Space from Add or Remove: http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_a.htm#ws

--