TECH: Error on Stargate options screen

My Stargate plays fine, no problem. But when I open the coin door and
push the button to change the options, it gets to this screen and
frezzes:

http://home.comcast.net/~r.e.m/stargate.jpg

The only way to get it out of it is to unplug the machine.

Notice the settings are strange:

Extra Ship every :2000
Ships for 1 credit 8!
Ships for 2 credits 37

Pricing selection 41 1/10 F
Left slot units 31
Center slot units 19
Right slot units 20
Units required for credit 29
Units required for bonus credit

....at the point some lines start flashing accross the screen and it
freezes. The ROM check says everything is AOK.

Has anyone seen this before or have a clue as to what might be th4e
issue?

TIA!

Tried replacing the batteries on the CPU board?

I actually removed the batteries to prevent acid puke. I was going to
install them off board later this month. Is that what the problem is?

Andre

There is something wrong with your cmos circuitry not necessarily your
battery. It should still come up without a battery installed. Just by
guessing I would say it's a bad cmos chip (5114).

Andre
www.arcadesolution.com