Touch Screen Compatability

Who knows their stuff on touch screens. I have a Merit Super Mega Touch
IV upright that has a broken touch screen. The machine has a 19"
monitor in it which is fine. There is a guy selling several 19" touch
screens on Ebay for a reasonable price ($40). The model in question is
19" Microtouch ClearTek Touchscreen. The part number on it is
13-2061-01NL. The Ebay auction number is 6169052852. Is this compatible
to be used with a Merit Super Mega Touch IV. Is this a straight swap or
is the adaptor got to be rigged for this to work. Thanks for any input.

Ok I will give it a try and see if it works. When I saw a buy it now
price of $40 I knew that was a good deal. I will get back to the group
and let everyone know how it turns out. I have seen this guy selling
these before as well. He must have some kind of supplier for them.

matt wrote:
> Looks like it will work to me. For $40.00 its hard not to try it out.
Those
> 19" touchscreens are in the $450.00 range new.
>
> Ask the guy for a rev 2.1, 2.2 or 2.3. Those look like the right
sized
> connector. The part number even sounds like the number that Merit
uses.

> BUT----
>
> If the connector is wired wrong you might fry your touchscreen
controller.
> Theres no way to tell without plugging it in though.
>
> --
> Matt
> M and M Electronics
> 6661 Stanford Ranch Road
> Suite F, PMB 105
> Rocklin, Ca 95677
> 916-275-5871
> "dimperio" <tdimperio@northwesternrec.com> wrote in message
> > Who knows their stuff on touch screens. I have a Merit Super Mega
Touch
> > IV upright that has a broken touch screen. The machine has a 19"
> > monitor in it which is fine. There is a guy selling several 19"
touch
> > screens on Ebay for a reasonable price ($40). The model in question
is
> > 19" Microtouch ClearTek Touchscreen. The part number on it is
> > 13-2061-01NL. The Ebay auction number is 6169052852. Is this
compatible
> > to be used with a Merit Super Mega Touch IV. Is this a straight
swap or
> > is the adaptor got to be rigged for this to work. Thanks for any
input.

i would love to know if they work on bartops also!!

please get back to us or me:)

Kelly

> Ok I will give it a try and see if it works. When I saw a buy it now
> price of $40 I knew that was a good deal. I will get back to the group
> and let everyone know how it turns out. I have seen this guy selling
> these before as well. He must have some kind of supplier for them.
>
> matt wrote:
>> Looks like it will work to me. For $40.00 its hard not to try it out.
> Those
>> 19" touchscreens are in the $450.00 range new.
>>
>> Ask the guy for a rev 2.1, 2.2 or 2.3. Those look like the right
> sized
>> connector. The part number even sounds like the number that Merit
> uses.
>>
>> BUT----
>>
>> If the connector is wired wrong you might fry your touchscreen
> controller.
>> Theres no way to tell without plugging it in though.
>>
>> --
>> Matt
>> M and M Electronics
>> 6661 Stanford Ranch Road
>> Suite F, PMB 105
>> Rocklin, Ca 95677
>> 916-275-5871
>> "dimperio" <tdimperio@northwesternrec.com> wrote in message
>> > Who knows their stuff on touch screens. I have a Merit Super Mega
> Touch
>> > IV upright that has a broken touch screen. The machine has a 19"
>> > monitor in it which is fine. There is a guy selling several 19"
> touch
>> > screens on Ebay for a reasonable price ($40). The model in question
> is
>> > 19" Microtouch ClearTek Touchscreen. The part number on it is
>> > 13-2061-01NL. The Ebay auction number is 6169052852. Is this
> compatible
>> > to be used with a Merit Super Mega Touch IV. Is this a straight
> swap or
>> > is the adaptor got to be rigged for this to work. Thanks for any
> input.

Probably not. The bartops only have a 13" monitor and he was questioning a
19" touchscreen.

Bill