OC'd X800XTpe gets 15,738 3DMarks in '03

Vapor

Distinguished
Jun 11, 2001
<A HREF="http://www.anandtech.com/news/shownews.html?i=22124" target="_new">HOLY CR/\P!</A>

OC'd to 715/639...using some sort of phase-change (i.e., Prometeia-like) cooling. Also got 33,484 mrks in '01. The P4 was also overclocked (no clockspeed provided).

Also of note are it's scores in UT2k4 and Tomb Raider: AOD at 16x12 4aa/8af, full quality....147fps and 76fps respectively.

No word on the speed of the 6800UE when OC'd to oblivion.

EDIT: Yes, I know these are Bungholio Marks...but this level of performance is amazing nonetheless. FPS are twice that of anybody here (presuming that nobody has a rig that gets 7800).

Maxtor disgraces the six letters that make Matrox.<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by Vapor on 05/07/04 12:28 PM.</EM></FONT></P>

Willamette_sucks

Distinguished
Feb 24, 2002
I concur. HOLY CR/\P!

Me: are you saying I can't provide?
Me: cause I know I can provide.
Me: oh and I can provide money too;)
Rachel:): why do we need money when we can just stay in our room and have sex all day?

While people may discount Bungholio marks, who cares what they think, the thing of note here is the Core speed. What ever happened to that 600mhz barrier? Phase change or not, this simply shows it's a question of cooling, not a question of architecture.

Wait until the nutbar OC'ers with dry ice and liquid nitro get going. I predict we'll see the breaking of the 20K barrier with an X880XT plus faster processor by the fall.

Maybe I'm overreaching in that statement, but it wouldn't surprise me in the least.

- You need a licence to buy a gun, but they'll sell anyone a stamp <i>(or internet account)</i> ! - <font color=green>RED </font color=green> <font color=red> GREEN</font color=red> GA to SK :evil:

Vapor

Distinguished
Jun 11, 2001
I'd bet 600MHz is reachable on air w/ a voltmod, 630 on water with voltmod, 670 on a water/TEC with voltmod, 725 (somebody will go higher than 715 on phase-change) on phase-change w/ voltmod, 800+ on crazyshit. As for 20k in '03...I wouldn't bet on it. 18800 is my guess (I know, not that much different, but it is unlikely that the mem will ever go much further on any of these cards, and nobody knows [yet] what voltage can do to GDDR3 in terms of added capabilities).

All I know is that I'm getting one with a water/TEC system when (if) I build my ubergaming rig this summer.

Maxtor disgraces the six letters that make Matrox.

But air cooling is a relative issue.

Howveer everyone was talking about the THEORETICAL max, now maybe they don't understand what they themselves were saying, but really that's quite a different statement from probable max under usual tiny HSF.

In either case the statements were definitely short-sighted IMO.

- You need a licence to buy a gun, but they'll sell anyone a stamp <i>(or internet account)</i> ! - <font color=green>RED </font color=green> <font color=red> GREEN</font color=red> GA to SK :evil:

Vapor

Distinguished
Jun 11, 2001
I was referring to the best possible air cooling solution (VGA Silencer II?), with max (not expected) numbers listed (guesses of course). Anyway, the more I think about it, the more I want one...gotta stop.

Maxtor disgraces the six letters that make Matrox.

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
LOL, it's not GPU, it's VPU! nVidia invented the term GPU, ATI invented VPU for the same function.

<font color=blue>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to a hero as big as Crashman!</font color=blue>
<font color=red>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to an ego as large as Crashman's!</font color=red>

What's a V-VPU?? VOLARI VPU?

Then nVidia have a G-GPU and ATI has AA-VPU, and SIS has a CPU, well really it's just better you use your CPU and forget that card they gave you. :lol:

BTW, What's an <A HREF="http://www.geocities.com/Augusta/1660/apu-mug.gif" target="_new">APU</A>?

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
vVPU works for me.

<font color=blue>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to a hero as big as Crashman!</font color=blue>
<font color=red>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to an ego as large as Crashman's!</font color=red>