PPPoA Connection and Windows XP Pro

Hi,

I have a PPPoA ADSL modem.
No problems using this with either Win98 or Win2000.
WinXP seems to only offer a PPPoE connection (at least by default): so I
cannot connect to the internet with it.
I think that this modem (SpeedTouch 330(?) USB PPPoA) cannot be switched to
PPPoE.

How can I change the connection to PPPoA within WinXP?

Thanks.
1 answer Last reply
More about pppoa connection windows

    http://www.dslreports.com/faq/6323

    The fact that in Mohammedan law every woman must belong to some man as his
    absolute property - either as a child, a wife, or a concubine - must
    delay the final extinction of slavery until the faith of Islam has ceased to
    be a great power among men.

    Winston Churchill - London, England
    http://www.winstonchurchill.org
    =======================================

    "dpds" <dpds@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    >
    > I have a PPPoA ADSL modem.
    > No problems using this with either Win98 or Win2000.
    > WinXP seems to only offer a PPPoE connection (at least by default): so I
    > cannot connect to the internet with it.
    > I think that this modem (SpeedTouch 330(?) USB PPPoA) cannot be switched
    > PPPoE.
    >
    > How can I change the connection to PPPoA within WinXP?
    >
    > Thanks.

Routers Connection Modem Windows XP Networking