Error message when starting my pc

Hello if anyone could help me, i get this error message when i start my pc :
rundll32 C:\PROGRA~1\NEWDOT~1\NEWDOT~2.DLL,NewDotNetStartup -s

Can anyone suggest any solution for this?
Thank you very much
6 answers Last reply
More about error message starting

    You should get spybot and adaware and run those programs to get rid of that.

    "paul" wrote:

    > Hello if anyone could help me, i get this error message when i start my pc :
    > rundll32 C:\PROGRA~1\NEWDOT~1\NEWDOT~2.DLL,NewDotNetStartup -s
    >
    > Can anyone suggest any solution for this?
    > Thank you very much

    Paul,

    Symantec Security Response - Adware.NDotNet:
    http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/adware.ndotnet.html

    Computer Help - How to remove New.net / NewDotNet:
    http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/How_to_remove_Newnet_NewDotNet-t3095.html

    Run these cleaners:

    1. Ad-Aware
    http://www.lavasoftusa.com

    2. SpyBot S&D
    http://www.safer-networking.org

    3. CWShredder

    Update 1 & 2 before running a scan.

    Clean-up Windows Startup:
    http://windowsxp.mvps.org/startup.htm

    --
    Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
    Windows XP Shell/User

    "paul" <paul@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Hello if anyone could help me, i get this error message when i start my pc
    > :
    > rundll32 C:\PROGRA~1\NEWDOT~1\NEWDOT~2.DLL,NewDotNetStartup -s
    >
    > Can anyone suggest any solution for this?
    > Thank you very much

    Thanks for your suggestions but i already have those programs and i run them
    frequently. i did again after your suggestion but no solution. Any other
    suggestion please?
    Thank you

    "Ramesh, MS-MVP" wrote:

    > Paul,
    >
    > Symantec Security Response - Adware.NDotNet:
    > http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/adware.ndotnet.html
    >
    > Computer Help - How to remove New.net / NewDotNet:
    > http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/How_to_remove_Newnet_NewDotNet-t3095.html
    >
    > Run these cleaners:
    >
    > 1. Ad-Aware
    > http://www.lavasoftusa.com
    >
    > 2. SpyBot S&D
    > http://www.safer-networking.org
    >
    > 3. CWShredder
    > http://www.intermute.com/spysubtract/cwshredder_download.html
    >
    > Update 1 & 2 before running a scan.
    >
    > Clean-up Windows Startup:
    > http://windowsxp.mvps.org/startup.htm
    >
    > --
    > Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
    > Windows XP Shell/User
    > http://windowsxp.mvps.org
    >

    > "paul" <paul@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > Hello if anyone could help me, i get this error message when i start my pc
    > > :
    > > rundll32 C:\PROGRA~1\NEWDOT~1\NEWDOT~2.DLL,NewDotNetStartup -s
    > >
    > > Can anyone suggest any solution for this?
    > > Thank you very much

    Paul,

    Remove the rundll32.exe entry using MSCONFIG, or by editing the registry.

    > Thanks for your suggestions but i already have those programs and i run
    > them
    > frequently. i did again after your suggestion but no solution. Any other
    > suggestion please?
    > Thank you
    >
    > "Ramesh, MS-MVP" wrote:
    >
    >> Paul,
    >>
    >> Symantec Security Response - Adware.NDotNet:
    >> http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/adware.ndotnet.html
    >>
    >> Computer Help - How to remove New.net / NewDotNet:
    >> http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/How_to_remove_Newnet_NewDotNet-t3095.html
    >>
    >> Run these cleaners:
    >>
    >> 1. Ad-Aware
    >> http://www.lavasoftusa.com
    >>
    >> 2. SpyBot S&D
    >> http://www.safer-networking.org
    >>
    >> 3. CWShredder
    >> http://www.intermute.com/spysubtract/cwshredder_download.html
    >>
    >> Update 1 & 2 before running a scan.
    >>
    >> Clean-up Windows Startup:
    >> http://windowsxp.mvps.org/startup.htm
    >>
    >> --
    >> Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
    >> Windows XP Shell/User
    >> http://windowsxp.mvps.org
    >>

    >> "paul" <paul@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >> > Hello if anyone could help me, i get this error message when i start my
    >> > pc
    >> > :
    >> > rundll32 C:\PROGRA~1\NEWDOT~1\NEWDOT~2.DLL,NewDotNetStartup -s
    >> >
    >> > Can anyone suggest any solution for this?
    >> > Thank you very much

    Ramesh, I have followed your instructions but no result.
    I have run MSCONFIG, disabled the command, deleted it by the registry,
    but each time i restart the commands appear again in both.
    What i should do now?

    "Ramesh, MS-MVP" wrote:

    > Paul,
    >
    > Remove the rundll32.exe entry using MSCONFIG, or by editing the registry.
    > http://windowsxp.mvps.org/startup.htm
    >
    > --
    > Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
    > Windows XP Shell/User
    > http://windowsxp.mvps.org
    >

    > "paul" <paul@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > Thanks for your suggestions but i already have those programs and i run
    > > them
    > > frequently. i did again after your suggestion but no solution. Any other
    > > suggestion please?
    > > Thank you
    > >
    > > "Ramesh, MS-MVP" wrote:
    > >
    > >> Paul,
    > >>
    > >> Symantec Security Response - Adware.NDotNet:
    > >> http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/adware.ndotnet.html
    > >>
    > >> Computer Help - How to remove New.net / NewDotNet:
    > >> http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/How_to_remove_Newnet_NewDotNet-t3095.html
    > >>
    > >> Run these cleaners:
    > >>
    > >> 1. Ad-Aware
    > >> http://www.lavasoftusa.com
    > >>
    > >> 2. SpyBot S&D
    > >> http://www.safer-networking.org
    > >>
    > >> 3. CWShredder
    > >> http://www.intermute.com/spysubtract/cwshredder_download.html
    > >>
    > >> Update 1 & 2 before running a scan.
    > >>
    > >> Clean-up Windows Startup:
    > >> http://windowsxp.mvps.org/startup.htm
    > >>
    > >> --
    > >> Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
    > >> Windows XP Shell/User
    > >> http://windowsxp.mvps.org
    > >>

    > >> "paul" <paul@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

    Download HijackThis from http://www.spywareinfo.com/~merijn/ Generate a log
    using HijackThis and visit any of these forums below to post your HijackThis
    log. The experts there will guide you how to remove malware from your
    system:

    http://forums.aumha.org
    http://forums.spywareinfo.com
    http://www.lavasoftsupport.com/

    --

    > Ramesh, I have followed your instructions but no result.
    > I have run MSCONFIG, disabled the command, deleted it by the registry,
    > but each time i restart the commands appear again in both.
    > What i should do now?
    >
    > "Ramesh, MS-MVP" wrote:
    >
    >> Paul,
    >>
    >> Remove the rundll32.exe entry using MSCONFIG, or by editing the registry.
    >> http://windowsxp.mvps.org/startup.htm
    >>
    >> --
    >> Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
    >> Windows XP Shell/User
    >> http://windowsxp.mvps.org
    >>

    >> "paul" <paul@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >> > Thanks for your suggestions but i already have those programs and i run
    >> > them
    >> > frequently. i did again after your suggestion but no solution. Any
    >> > other
    >> > suggestion please?
    >> > Thank you

Support Microsoft Error Message Rundll32 Windows XP