Defragment program and Taskmanager closing. Help?

Anders

Distinguished
Jan 24, 2004

Whenever I open my disk defragmenter or taskmanager, both programs quickly
close. It isn't because of a pop-up blocker, and there aren't any
notifications after they close. What's going on?

Anders,

This is usually caused by viruses/malware. Try Trend Micro's Sysclean
package (free), it's capable of eliminating keyloggers, trojans etc. Full
instructions at:

Generic Trojan / Adware Infestation Removal Procedure:

Trend Micro Sysclean package
http://aumha.net/viewtopic.php?t=10820

AVG Anti-Virus: (freeware)
http://www.grisoft.com/us/us_index.php

How to manage Windows Startup?:
http://windowsxp.mvps.org/startup.htm

--
Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
Windows XP Shell/User

"Anders" <Anders@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Whenever I open my disk defragmenter or taskmanager, both programs quickly
> close. It isn't because of a pop-up blocker, and there aren't any
> notifications after they close. What's going on?

Anders

Distinguished
Jan 24, 2004

This didn't work. I downloaded Trend Micro and ran its scan. I also already
had McAfee. Taskmanager and disk defragmenter still won't open.

"Ramesh, MS-MVP" wrote:

> Anders,
>
> This is usually caused by viruses/malware. Try Trend Micro's Sysclean
> package (free), it's capable of eliminating keyloggers, trojans etc. Full
> instructions at:
>
> Generic Trojan / Adware Infestation Removal Procedure:
>
> Trend Micro Sysclean package
> http://aumha.net/viewtopic.php?t=10820
>
> AVG Anti-Virus: (freeware)
> http://www.grisoft.com/us/us_index.php
>
> How to manage Windows Startup?:
> http://windowsxp.mvps.org/startup.htm
>
> --
> Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
> Windows XP Shell/User
> http://windowsxp.mvps.org
>

> "Anders" <Anders@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Whenever I open my disk defragmenter or taskmanager, both programs quickly
> > close. It isn't because of a pop-up blocker, and there aren't any
> > notifications after they close. What's going on?

The Parasite Fight - Quick Fix Protocol:
http://aumha.org/a/quickfix.php