Defragment program and Taskmanager closing. Help?

Whenever I open my disk defragmenter or taskmanager, both programs quickly
close. It isn't because of a pop-up blocker, and there aren't any
notifications after they close. What's going on?
3 answers Last reply
More about defragment program taskmanager closing help

    Anders,

    This is usually caused by viruses/malware. Try Trend Micro's Sysclean
    package (free), it's capable of eliminating keyloggers, trojans etc. Full
    instructions at:

    Generic Trojan / Adware Infestation Removal Procedure:

    Trend Micro Sysclean package
    http://aumha.net/viewtopic.php?t=10820

    AVG Anti-Virus: (freeware)
    http://www.grisoft.com/us/us_index.php

    How to manage Windows Startup?:
    http://windowsxp.mvps.org/startup.htm

    --
    Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
    Windows XP Shell/User

    "Anders" <Anders@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Whenever I open my disk defragmenter or taskmanager, both programs quickly
    > close. It isn't because of a pop-up blocker, and there aren't any
    > notifications after they close. What's going on?

    This didn't work. I downloaded Trend Micro and ran its scan. I also already
    had McAfee. Taskmanager and disk defragmenter still won't open.

    "Ramesh, MS-MVP" wrote:

    > Anders,
    >
    > This is usually caused by viruses/malware. Try Trend Micro's Sysclean
    > package (free), it's capable of eliminating keyloggers, trojans etc. Full
    > instructions at:
    >
    > Generic Trojan / Adware Infestation Removal Procedure:
    >
    > Trend Micro Sysclean package
    > http://aumha.net/viewtopic.php?t=10820
    >
    > AVG Anti-Virus: (freeware)
    > http://www.grisoft.com/us/us_index.php
    >
    > How to manage Windows Startup?:
    > http://windowsxp.mvps.org/startup.htm
    >
    > --
    > Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
    > Windows XP Shell/User
    > http://windowsxp.mvps.org
    >

    > "Anders" <Anders@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > Whenever I open my disk defragmenter or taskmanager, both programs quickly
    > > close. It isn't because of a pop-up blocker, and there aren't any
    > > notifications after they close. What's going on?

    The Parasite Fight - Quick Fix Protocol:
    http://aumha.org/a/quickfix.php

    --

    > This didn't work. I downloaded Trend Micro and ran its scan. I also
    > already
    > had McAfee. Taskmanager and disk defragmenter still won't open.
    >
    > "Ramesh, MS-MVP" wrote:
    >
    >> Anders,
    >>
    >> This is usually caused by viruses/malware. Try Trend Micro's Sysclean
    >> package (free), it's capable of eliminating keyloggers, trojans etc. Full
    >> instructions at:
    >>
    >> Generic Trojan / Adware Infestation Removal Procedure:
    >> http://www.claymania.com/removal-trojan-adware.html
    >>
    >> Trend Micro Sysclean package
    >> http://aumha.net/viewtopic.php?t=10820
    >>
    >> AVG Anti-Virus: (freeware)
    >> http://www.grisoft.com/us/us_index.php
    >>
    >> How to manage Windows Startup?:
    >> http://windowsxp.mvps.org/startup.htm
    >>
    >> --
    >> Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
    >> Windows XP Shell/User
    >> http://windowsxp.mvps.org
    >>

    >> "Anders" <Anders@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >> > Whenever I open my disk defragmenter or taskmanager, both programs
    >> > quickly
    >> > close. It isn't because of a pop-up blocker, and there aren't any
    >> > notifications after they close. What's going on?

Support Defragment Microsoft Windows XP