Screensaver not working in XP

I cannot get the screensaver to work in XP (Service pack 2). It used to
work. It still does not work in Safe Mode. It does not work if I disable
all in msconfig. I have tried the links from Kelly's site. I have looked at
the recent posts about this problem on the discussion groups.

Anyone any new suggestions or could this be a problem with XP service pack 2?

binks wrote:
> I cannot get the screensaver to work in XP (Service pack 2). It used
> to work. It still does not work in Safe Mode. It does not work if I
> disable all in msconfig. I have tried the links from Kelly's site.
> I have looked at the recent posts about this problem on the
> discussion groups.
>
> Anyone any new suggestions or could this be a problem with XP service
> pack 2?

It's not a problem with SP2 - it's a problem with your PC..

However - all you said was that "the screensaver doesn't work" - which tells
us very little.
- All screensavers?
- No matter the timeout settings?

--
<- Shenan ->

"Shenan Stanley" wrote:

> However - all you said was that "the screensaver doesn't work" - which tells
> us very little.
> - All screensavers?

Yes. 3D, ordinary, slideshow, windows xp, logon.scr. None of them are
working.

> - No matter the timeout settings?

None have worked so far. 10 minutes, 60 seconds, 15 seconds

As I said, it still doesn't work in Safe Mode or with all the start up
options disabled in msconfig.

Can I help you with any other information?

TRENDING THREADS