  • Network Drive
  • Windows XP
a b D Laptop
April 24, 2005 8:09:01 PM

The MY COMPUTER folder on my laptop shows several mapped network drives that
are no longer extant. The computer they are mapped to is no longer on my
network. I cannot for the life of me delete them. How the heck are they
removed from being listed and in anyway part of my laptop evironment?

More about : mapped network drive removal list

Anonymous
a b D Laptop
April 24, 2005 10:13:20 PM

Allan_y2k wrote:
> The MY COMPUTER folder on my laptop shows several mapped network
> drives that are no longer extant. The computer they are mapped to is
> no longer on my network. I cannot for the life of me delete them.
> How the heck are they removed from being listed and in anyway part of
> my laptop evironment?

Right click on the listed drive - be patient, choose "Disconnect".
Make sure you have no scripts running at startup/logon that attempt to
reconnect.

--
<- Shenan ->
a b D Laptop

The same way you mapped it but the opposite. Tools menu.

!