Best value laptop for up to $1200

Status
Not open for further replies.

mibl

Honorable
Jul 1, 2012
Hello,
Here are my answers to the Question guidelines :)

1. What is your budget?
Up to $1200

2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering?
Anything just not too big to lug around, although not those really really small ones.

3. What screen resolution do you want?

Highest possible, but of course higher priority to performance factors.

4. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop?
Portable.

5. How much battery life do you need?
Average compared to the market, preferably highest as possible; I'll be taking it to IT class.

6. Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)?
Yeah, although I'm outdated on my games nowadays since my computers haven't been able to handle them, I'd like to play new and up and coming games on high setting.

7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo/Video editing, Etc.)

Gaming, Internet, Programming, IT stuff :|

8. How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need?
Not anything extreme since I'll put everything on an external hard drive, but anything as best as possible as long as performance is still prioritized :D

9. If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links.
I don't know any :|

10. How long do you want to keep your laptop?
Hopefully 4 years which is when I would have hopefully finished my IT course.

11. What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ?
DVD ROM at least, hopefully Bluray.

12. Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons.

13. What country do you live in?
Australia :)

14. Please tell us any additional information if needed.

THANKS! :)

with a $1200 budget you can get a very nice Dell or HP computer. Vizio recently started selling laptops and they look really nice though I dont know if they sell Vizio laptops in Australia. I recommend any name brand laptop with a 3rd generation Intel i5 or i7 processor and an Nvidia or ATI GPU.

Status
Not open for further replies.