  • Microsoft
  • Windows XP
a b D Laptop
April 24, 2005 9:46:02 PM

I need to bring my laptop with me on an airplane. Does anyone have any
suggestions for preparing my laptop for travel?

More about : bringing laptop airplane

Anonymous
a b D Laptop
April 24, 2005 10:01:14 PM

In news:E74634DF-D287-49EB-A5AC-4201D742E03A@microsoft.com,
kfcpapc <kfcpapc@discussions.microsoft.com> did some thinking and came up
with these words:
> I need to bring my laptop with me on an airplane. Does anyone have
> any suggestions for preparing my laptop for travel?

Power down - close lid - place in travel case - get on the plane.
A good backup couldn't hurt either. :-)

--
Ron Bogart {} ô¿ô¬
Associate Expert

kfcpapc wrote:
> I need to bring my laptop with me on an airplane. Does anyone have
> any suggestions for preparing my laptop for travel?

Backup important data onto CD/DVD that you may need at the other side of
your trip..
Turn it off, put it in its travel case, board plane.

--
<- Shenan ->
Can't find your answer ? Ask !

In news:E74634DF-D287-49EB-A5AC-4201D742E03A@microsoft.com,
kfcpapc <kfcpapc@discussions.microsoft.com> had this to say:

> I need to bring my laptop with me on an airplane. Does anyone have
> any suggestions for preparing my laptop for travel?

Bring an extra battery pack if it's a long flight. You're allowed to bring
it on the plane and use it while you're on the plane. I recommend a laptop
backpack instead of a case. They're easier to carry and have room for you to
add more stuff than you'll get in most other cases.

Galen
a b D Laptop
April 25, 2005 4:16:10 AM

"kfcpapc" <kfcpapc@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I need to bring my laptop with me on an airplane. Does anyone have any
> suggestions for preparing my laptop for travel?

Make sure there's sufficient battery power, even if you aren't planning on
using it on the plane. Security *may* ask you to turn it on, and if the
battery's dead, you're going to have to diddle around with finding a nearby
power outlet they'll let you use.