Bringing a laptop on an airplane

I need to bring my laptop with me on an airplane. Does anyone have any
suggestions for preparing my laptop for travel?
4 answers Last reply
More about bringing laptop airplane

    In news:E74634DF-D287-49EB-A5AC-4201D742E03A@microsoft.com,
    kfcpapc <kfcpapc@discussions.microsoft.com> did some thinking and came up
    with these words:
    > I need to bring my laptop with me on an airplane. Does anyone have
    > any suggestions for preparing my laptop for travel?

    Power down - close lid - place in travel case - get on the plane.
    A good backup couldn't hurt either. :-)

    --
    Ron Bogart {} ô¿ô¬
    Associate Expert

    kfcpapc wrote:
    > I need to bring my laptop with me on an airplane. Does anyone have
    > any suggestions for preparing my laptop for travel?

    Backup important data onto CD/DVD that you may need at the other side of
    your trip..
    Turn it off, put it in its travel case, board plane.

    --
    <- Shenan ->

    In news:E74634DF-D287-49EB-A5AC-4201D742E03A@microsoft.com,
    kfcpapc <kfcpapc@discussions.microsoft.com> had this to say:

    > I need to bring my laptop with me on an airplane. Does anyone have
    > any suggestions for preparing my laptop for travel?

    Bring an extra battery pack if it's a long flight. You're allowed to bring
    it on the plane and use it while you're on the plane. I recommend a laptop
    backpack instead of a case. They're easier to carry and have room for you to
    add more stuff than you'll get in most other cases.

    Galen

    "kfcpapc" <kfcpapc@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I need to bring my laptop with me on an airplane. Does anyone have any
    > suggestions for preparing my laptop for travel?

    Make sure there's sufficient battery power, even if you aren't planning on
    using it on the plane. Security *may* ask you to turn it on, and if the
    battery's dead, you're going to have to diddle around with finding a nearby
    power outlet they'll let you use.

Laptops Support Microsoft Windows XP