Jabberwocky

Arsenal DEFINITELY deserved to win on pens,

Arsenal 4 - 2 Sheff Utd (pens)

Arsenal showed a hell of a lot more attacking in this game then they did at
highbury, sheff prolly had the best chances in the 90 but arsenal definitely
dominated the game in general.

Personally I think a sheffield united player coulda drawn a gun and shot an
arsenal player and the freekick not be given or seen by the ref though. That
ref was utter shite.

but i think man of match was Paddy Kenny.

--
`Twas brillig, and the slithy toves
Did gyre and gimble in the wabe;

Admin of one of the best FM sites around:
http://www.fmunderground.net/

View my Story / Poem profile on :
http://www.writing.com/main/view_item/user_id/shadowalk

gareth

Distinguished
Feb 8, 2001

"Jabberwocky" <jibberjabber@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Arsenal DEFINITELY deserved to win on pens,
>
> Arsenal 4 - 2 Sheff Utd (pens)
>
> Arsenal showed a hell of a lot more attacking in this game then they did
> at highbury, sheff prolly had the best chances in the 90 but arsenal
> definitely dominated the game in general.
>
> Personally I think a sheffield united player coulda drawn a gun and shot
> an arsenal player and the freekick not be given or seen by the ref though.
> That ref was utter shite.
>
> but i think man of match was Paddy Kenny.

To be quite honest almunia saved it for arsenal, but come on, arsenal vs
sheff utd!! reigning premiership champions verses a medioka div1 team, it
shouldnt have even gone to a replay, quite frankly this is arsenals only
hope of silverware, injuries or no injuries they had so much more skill in
that team than sheff utd possess and i think its quite funny that it went to
pens.

Jabberwocky

"Gareth" <gareth47@btinternet.com> wrote in message

> "Jabberwocky" <jibberjabber@gmail.com> wrote in message
>> Arsenal DEFINITELY deserved to win on pens,
>>
>> Arsenal 4 - 2 Sheff Utd (pens)
>>
>> Arsenal showed a hell of a lot more attacking in this game then they did
>> at highbury, sheff prolly had the best chances in the 90 but arsenal
>> definitely dominated the game in general.
>>
>> Personally I think a sheffield united player coulda drawn a gun and shot
>> an arsenal player and the freekick not be given or seen by the ref
>> though. That ref was utter shite.
>>
>> but i think man of match was Paddy Kenny.
>>

> To be quite honest almunia saved it for arsenal, but come on, arsenal vs
> sheff utd!! reigning premiership champions verses a medioka div1 team, it
> shouldnt have even gone to a replay, quite frankly this is arsenals only
> hope of silverware, injuries or no injuries they had so much more skill in
> that team than sheff utd possess and i think its quite funny that it went
> to pens.

it went to pens coz Sheff did what they did in the first leg, just kicked
Arsenal players on and off the ball hoping to gain a reaction. It's stupid
tactics and thankfully we ONCE again beat sheff utd in the cup. It's
becoming a tradition.

--

Jabberwocky wrote:
> "Gareth" <gareth47@btinternet.com> wrote in message
>
>>"Jabberwocky" <jibberjabber@gmail.com> wrote in message
>>
>>>Arsenal DEFINITELY deserved to win on pens,
>>>
>>>Arsenal 4 - 2 Sheff Utd (pens)
>>>
>>>Arsenal showed a hell of a lot more attacking in this game then they did
>>>at highbury, sheff prolly had the best chances in the 90 but arsenal
>>>definitely dominated the game in general.
>>>
>>>Personally I think a sheffield united player coulda drawn a gun and shot
>>>an arsenal player and the freekick not be given or seen by the ref
>>>though. That ref was utter shite.
>>>
>>>but i think man of match was Paddy Kenny.
>>>

>>To be quite honest almunia saved it for arsenal, but come on, arsenal vs
>>sheff utd!! reigning premiership champions verses a medioka div1 team, it
>>shouldnt have even gone to a replay, quite frankly this is arsenals only
>>hope of silverware, injuries or no injuries they had so much more skill in
>>that team than sheff utd possess and i think its quite funny that it went
>>to pens.
>>

> it went to pens coz Sheff did what they did in the first leg, just kicked
> Arsenal players on and off the ball hoping to gain a reaction. It's stupid
> tactics and thankfully we ONCE again beat sheff utd in the cup. It's
> becoming a tradition.

The Arsenal players cried foul every time there was a bit of contact -
but that's the way football is played in their division. Premiership
players need to play against teams like this once in a while to know
what playing football (the contact sport!) is all about!

Morgan was winding up the Arse players so easily!

--

"That slow motion replay doesn't show how fast the ball was travelling"
- Richie Benaud

"Jabberwocky" <jibberjabber@gmail.com> wrote in

> Arsenal DEFINITELY deserved to win on pens,
>
> Arsenal 4 - 2 Sheff Utd (pens)
>
> Arsenal showed a hell of a lot more attacking in this game then
> they did at highbury, sheff prolly had the best chances in the 90
> but arsenal definitely dominated the game in general.
>
> Personally I think a sheffield united player coulda drawn a gun
> and shot an arsenal player and the freekick not be given or seen
> by the ref though. That ref was utter shite.
>
> but i think man of match was Paddy Kenny.

What game did you watch?

Muppet...

--
PG

Jabberwocky

"PivotalG" <pivotalgubbins@nospamsent.com> wrote in message

> What game did you watch?
>
> Muppet...
>
> --
> PG

Nice description of your mother Piv.

And i watched the game between A really shite first division team, and an
excellent premiership team, who couldn't shoot for toffee, but still
outplayed sheffield with possession at the final whistle being 70% Arsenal
30% Sheff.

--

On Wed, 02 Mar 2005 11:11:48 +0000, Toby Briggs wrote:

> Jabberwocky wrote:
>> "Gareth" <gareth47@btinternet.com> wrote in message
>>
>>>"Jabberwocky" <jibberjabber@gmail.com> wrote in message

>>>To be quite honest almunia saved it for arsenal, but come on, arsenal vs
>>>sheff utd!! reigning premiership champions verses a medioka div1 team, it
>>>shouldnt have even gone to a replay, quite frankly this is arsenals only
>>>hope of silverware, injuries or no injuries they had so much more skill in
>>>that team than sheff utd possess and i think its quite funny that it went
>>>to pens.
>>>

>> it went to pens coz Sheff did what they did in the first leg, just kicked
>> Arsenal players on and off the ball hoping to gain a reaction. It's stupid
>> tactics and thankfully we ONCE again beat sheff utd in the cup. It's
>> becoming a tradition.
>>

> The Arsenal players cried foul every time there was a bit of contact -
> but that's the way football is played in their division. Premiership
> players need to play against teams like this once in a while to know
> what playing football (the contact sport!) is all about!
>
> Morgan was winding up the Arse players so easily!

It tends to be the case that players and teams of inferior ability just
kick and hack when they can't beat the other team.

--
- / - Daniel - / -

"Marc Robbins" <marc@NOSPAMrobbins46.freeserve.co.uk> wrote in

>> I'm guessing that they do this to appeal to the neutral who, in
>> the majority (I would guess) will be rooting for the underdog.
>> Oh, and the FA Cup is all about upsets, is it not?
>
> I'd rather see the BBC show a Premiership side at a Championship
> ground than a non league side hosting a premiership team.

I'm just guessing that the supporters of the non-league team would
disagree. It is there day and they always get shown, I'm surprised
anyone can put an argument against that.

--
PG

> Probably they were hoping that him being the greatest striker in
> the prem EVER would be some sort of appeal.... Sadly mistaken.

Agreed!

--
PG

>> I'd rather see the BBC show a Premiership side at a Championship
>> ground than a non league side hosting a premiership team.
>

> The BBC do generally show "the tie of the round" though

Yes, pit they don't have good judgement as to what is the tie of the round!

PivotalG wrote:
> "Marc Robbins" <marc@NOSPAMrobbins46.freeserve.co.uk> wrote in
>
>>> I'm guessing that they do this to appeal to the neutral who, in
>>> the majority (I would guess) will be rooting for the underdog.
>>> Oh, and the FA Cup is all about upsets, is it not?
>>
>> I'd rather see the BBC show a Premiership side at a Championship
>> ground than a non league side hosting a premiership team.
>
> I'm just guessing that the supporters of the non-league team would
> disagree. It is there day and they always get shown, I'm surprised
> anyone can put an argument against that.

I'd rather watch a better standard of football where there's a chance of an
upset rather than a one sided game where Hansen and co are patronising to
the non league side.

> On a not-very-similar note, I noticed that all you Coventry fans (All
> two of you - Marc and Gareth) can now buy the 1987 or '88 whatever
> season it was FA Cup final on DVD. Relive the glory for only 5.99
> from play!

1987 - got it on VHS, but will now order it on DVD :)