Asus Gaming Performance Drops....

Status
Not open for further replies.

headlesszombie

Honorable
May 2, 2012
Hey guys how's it going :)

so I bought and asus K73SV laptop the other day and am absolutely loving it so far, the gaming performance really surprised me and I'm actually able to play all the games I regularly do on my gaming desktop without much problem.

my only concern, however, comes when the laptop is unplugged and is relying on battery power. What I've noticed is that as soon as I unplug the power cord, my performance in game DROPS. Like I'm talking going from smooth to unplayable. My first though of course was power settings, so I made sure all the settings were the exact same whether it was on battery power or charging. Asus even has it's Power4Gear settings so I made those the exact same too, but still my performance is terrible while on battery problem. This is a real issue for me as I don't know if I'll always be able to have the thing plugged in especially when on the go, so is there anything I'm missing that could change the problem ?

Thanks guys

it a power setting on most new laptops with a gaming chipset to save battery power they also have the old intel onboard chipset. the laptop may be switching over to the intel chipset and not staying with the gaming chipset. you may want to see if there a bios setting or a setting in windows for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.