MS Outlook Error message

I recently upgraded from Windows 98 to Windows XP home edition. Then I
reinstalled my Office 2000 software, but I now get an error message when I
open Outlook: 'C:\Documents and Settings\usa\Application
Data\Microsoft\AddIns' is not a valid Office Add-In"
I checked the file, which is a hidden file, and it is emply. I can click the
X to get rid of the error message, and it doesn't seem to be causing any
problems-just a minor nuisance. How can I get rid of it?
Thanks,
Jay
2 answers Last reply
More about outlook error message

    I had a similar problem, solved by removing the offending folder in the
    registry.

    Run regedit; backup (=Export) the complete registry (vital in case anything
    goes wrong); Find AddIns; identify the folder concerned and delete it.

    Bagwash

    Total amateur

    "Jay" <Jay@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

    > I recently upgraded from Windows 98 to Windows XP home edition. Then I

    > reinstalled my Office 2000 software, but I now get an error message when I

    > open Outlook: 'C:\Documents and Settings\usa\Application

    > Data\Microsoft\AddIns' is not a valid Office Add-In"

    > I checked the file, which is a hidden file, and it is emply. I can click
    > the

    > X to get rid of the error message, and it doesn't seem to be causing any

    > problems-just a minor nuisance. How can I get rid of it?

    > Thanks,

    > Jay

    Thanks for the info. It took me a couple of tries to find and delete the
    correct folder, but I found it and it worked great. Thanks!!!!

    "bagwash" wrote:

    > I had a similar problem, solved by removing the offending folder in the
    > registry.
    >

    > Run regedit; backup (=Export) the complete registry (vital in case anything
    > goes wrong); Find AddIns; identify the folder concerned and delete it.
    >

    > Bagwash
    >
    > Total amateur
    >

    > "Jay" <Jay@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >
    > > I recently upgraded from Windows 98 to Windows XP home edition. Then I
    >
    > > reinstalled my Office 2000 software, but I now get an error message when I
    >
    > > open Outlook: 'C:\Documents and Settings\usa\Application
    >
    > > Data\Microsoft\AddIns' is not a valid Office Add-In"
    >
    > > I checked the file, which is a hidden file, and it is emply. I can click
    > > the
    >
    > > X to get rid of the error message, and it doesn't seem to be causing any
    >
    > > problems-just a minor nuisance. How can I get rid of it?
    >
    > > Thanks,
    >
    > > Jay

Outlook Microsoft Error Message Windows XP