Re-appearing DELETED folder

Hi, folks.
I am having a small problem that is annoying the heck out of me. I have
folder on my computer called "BJ Printer" which I keep deleting but keeps
re-appearing everytime I re-boot the system. Does ANYONE know how to
permanantely delete this folder?! It has nothing in it and I have not used
it in quite some time. I USED to have a Cannon BJ printer (more than 6 or 7
months ago) but have long since replaced it with another brand. Any help
would be appreciated.

--
Frank

galen

Distinguished
May 24, 2004

In news:bM-dna77FaXH8PHfRVn-sw@rogers.com,
frankcrane <frankcrane@rogers.com> had this to say:

> Hi, folks.
> I am having a small problem that is annoying the heck out of me. I
> have folder on my computer called "BJ Printer" which I keep deleting
> but keeps re-appearing everytime I re-boot the system. Does ANYONE
> know how to permanantely delete this folder?! It has nothing in it
> and I have not used it in quite some time. I USED to have a Cannon BJ
> printer (more than 6 or 7 months ago) but have long since replaced it
> with another brand. Any help would be appreciated.

Is there anything in Start > Settings > Control Panel > Add/Remove Programs
about Cannon? Are there any Cannon applications still installed? Have you
cleaned the registry since removing Cannon and did you do so manually or
with a reputable application?

Galen

blswan

Distinguished
Oct 31, 2009
I would hope by now this person has solved their problem. I finally did, and I haven't had a Canon printer for over 4 years. I went into regedit (this works for XP, I don't know about other OS,) to HK_CURRENT USER_Printers then Settings. On the right is the list of printers the system thinks it has. There I found my old Canon BJ printer and removed it. I close the registry editor, deleted the bjprinter folder, restarted my comp, and behold! The fricking folder was finally gone.