XP Home SP2 Reboots After Using Switch User

Hi,

My brother has Win XP Home with SP2. The PC has 5 users. For 3 users, no
problems, but for two accounts there is.

If I use the "switch user" from account "A" to account "B", account "B"
reboots after selecting it from the list. Samething happens if I select
account "C". Yet accounts "D" and "E" don't have this issue.

Now the persona for accounts "B" and "C" can log in with no issues. There is
nothing in the event log. Ideas?

Thanks
2 answers Last reply
More about home reboots switch user

    (start/run, type:) MSCONFIG has a button for Expand file. You can try expanding winlogon.exe to the %windir%/system32 folder

    --

    Mark L. Ferguson (NOT an MS-MVP)
    FAQ for MS Antispyware version 1.0.509
    "Gis Bun" <GisBun@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:549248D9-2587-493A-B729-7E1E0BADAB0F@microsoft.com...
    > Hi,
    >
    > My brother has Win XP Home with SP2. The PC has 5 users. For 3 users, no
    > problems, but for two accounts there is.
    >
    > If I use the "switch user" from account "A" to account "B", account "B"
    > reboots after selecting it from the list. Samething happens if I select
    > account "C". Yet accounts "D" and "E" don't have this issue.
    >
    > Now the persona for accounts "B" and "C" can log in with no issues. There is
    > nothing in the event log. Ideas?
    >
    > Thanks

    Hi,

    And what will this solve if only 2 of 5 users have this issue?

    Gis

    "Mark L. Ferguson" wrote:

    > (start/run, type:) MSCONFIG has a button for Expand file. You can try expanding winlogon.exe to the %windir%/system32 folder
    >
    > --
    >
    > Mark L. Ferguson (NOT an MS-MVP)
    > FAQ for MS Antispyware version 1.0.509
    > ..
    > "Gis Bun" <GisBun@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:549248D9-2587-493A-B729-7E1E0BADAB0F@microsoft.com...
    > > Hi,
    > >
    > > My brother has Win XP Home with SP2. The PC has 5 users. For 3 users, no
    > > problems, but for two accounts there is.
    > >
    > > If I use the "switch user" from account "A" to account "B", account "B"
    > > reboots after selecting it from the list. Samething happens if I select
    > > account "C". Yet accounts "D" and "E" don't have this issue.
    > >
    > > Now the persona for accounts "B" and "C" can log in with no issues. There is
    > > nothing in the event log. Ideas?
    > >
    > > Thanks

Switch Windows XP