Cannot locate my local disk C:

April 25, 2005 1:46:02 AM

Hello,
I'm sure this is a stupid question but there used to be a "local disk C"
icon in "My Computer" and it has disappeared. How do I find it and restore
it ? Thanks.

JB70

More about : locate local disk

Anonymous
April 25, 2005 2:22:21 PM

JB70,

Are you able to access the drive/Path via Start-Run dialog? If the drive is
hidden, unhide it by editing the registry or using Tweak UI.

Download Tweak UI and install it
Start Tweak UI and click the (+) sign near the My Computer section
Select Drives
In the right-pane, check the drive-letters that you want to unhide
Click Apply, OK

Tweak UI download:
http://download.microsoft.com/download/f/c/a/fca6767b-9...

--
Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
Windows XP Shell/User

"jb70" <jb70@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hello,
> I'm sure this is a stupid question but there used to be a "local disk C"
> icon in "My Computer" and it has disappeared. How do I find it and
> restore
> it ? Thanks.
>
> JB70
Anonymous
April 25, 2005 2:22:22 PM

Thanks Ramesh! That did the trick.

"Ramesh, MS-MVP" wrote:

> JB70,
>
> Are you able to access the drive/Path via Start-Run dialog? If the drive is
> hidden, unhide it by editing the registry or using Tweak UI.
>
> Download Tweak UI and install it
> Start Tweak UI and click the (+) sign near the My Computer section
> Select Drives
> In the right-pane, check the drive-letters that you want to unhide
> Click Apply, OK
>
> Tweak UI download:
> http://download.microsoft.com/download/f/c/a/fca6767b-9...
>
> --
> Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
> Windows XP Shell/User
> http://windowsxp.mvps.org
>

> "jb70" <jb70@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hello,
> > I'm sure this is a stupid question but there used to be a "local disk C"
> > icon in "My Computer" and it has disappeared. How do I find it and
> > restore
> > it ? Thanks.
> >
> > JB70

Anonymous