Cannot locate my local disk C:

Hello,
I'm sure this is a stupid question but there used to be a "local disk C"
icon in "My Computer" and it has disappeared. How do I find it and restore
it ? Thanks.

JB70
3 answers Last reply
More about cannot locate local disk

    JB70,

    Are you able to access the drive/Path via Start-Run dialog? If the drive is
    hidden, unhide it by editing the registry or using Tweak UI.

    Download Tweak UI and install it
    Start Tweak UI and click the (+) sign near the My Computer section
    Select Drives
    In the right-pane, check the drive-letters that you want to unhide
    Click Apply, OK

    Tweak UI download:
    http://download.microsoft.com/download/f/c/a/fca6767b-9ed9-45a6-b352-839afb2a2679/TweakUiPowertoySetup.exe

    --
    Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
    Windows XP Shell/User

    "jb70" <jb70@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Hello,
    > I'm sure this is a stupid question but there used to be a "local disk C"
    > icon in "My Computer" and it has disappeared. How do I find it and
    > restore
    > it ? Thanks.
    >
    > JB70

    Thanks Ramesh! That did the trick.

    "Ramesh, MS-MVP" wrote:

    > JB70,
    >
    > Are you able to access the drive/Path via Start-Run dialog? If the drive is
    > hidden, unhide it by editing the registry or using Tweak UI.
    >
    > Download Tweak UI and install it
    > Start Tweak UI and click the (+) sign near the My Computer section
    > Select Drives
    > In the right-pane, check the drive-letters that you want to unhide
    > Click Apply, OK
    >
    > Tweak UI download:
    > http://download.microsoft.com/download/f/c/a/fca6767b-9ed9-45a6-b352-839afb2a2679/TweakUiPowertoySetup.exe
    >
    > --
    > Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
    > Windows XP Shell/User
    > http://windowsxp.mvps.org
    >

    > "jb70" <jb70@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > Hello,
    > > I'm sure this is a stupid question but there used to be a "local disk C"
    > > icon in "My Computer" and it has disappeared. How do I find it and
    > > restore
    > > it ? Thanks.
    > >
    > > JB70

    You're welcome!

    --

    > Thanks Ramesh! That did the trick.
    >
    > "Ramesh, MS-MVP" wrote:
    >
    >> JB70,
    >>
    >> Are you able to access the drive/Path via Start-Run dialog? If the drive
    >> is
    >> hidden, unhide it by editing the registry or using Tweak UI.
    >>
    >> Download Tweak UI and install it
    >> Start Tweak UI and click the (+) sign near the My Computer section
    >> Select Drives
    >> In the right-pane, check the drive-letters that you want to unhide
    >> Click Apply, OK
    >>
    >> Tweak UI download:
    >> http://download.microsoft.com/download/f/c/a/fca6767b-9ed9-45a6-b352-839afb2a2679/TweakUiPowertoySetup.exe
    >>
    >> --
    >> Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
    >> Windows XP Shell/User
    >> http://windowsxp.mvps.org
    >>

    >> "jb70" <jb70@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >> > Hello,
    >> > I'm sure this is a stupid question but there used to be a "local disk
    >> > C"
    >> > icon in "My Computer" and it has disappeared. How do I find it and
    >> > restore
    >> > it ? Thanks.
    >> >
    >> > JB70

Support Computers Microsoft Windows XP