Missing folder

OS: WindowsXP Home Edition SP2
Using Outlook Express I had to send a debug file, " MailWasherPro_debug.txt ".
as an attachment.
The path for this file is: C:\Documents and Settings\Keith
Patrick\Application Data\ MailWasherPro
I tried to use the 'Insert attachment', in Outlook Express, but only got
as far as the
' Keith Patrick ' folder and discovered that it contained no ' Application
Data ' Folder
A search for ' MailWasherPro_debug.txt ' confirms the path I listed above
to be correct.
I would like to know why the ' Application Data ' folder is missing from the
' Keith Patrick ' folder and how to get it back in the ' Application Data '
folder
Keith
10 answers Last reply
More about missing folder

    Sorry, but you're posting to the wrong newsgroup. This newsgroup supports
    Microsoft's Broadband Networking hardware and software. You may want to
    post to an Outlook Express newsgroup.
    --
    Chris H.
    Microsoft Windows MVP/Tablet PC

    "RedChequer" <RedChequer@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > OS: WindowsXP Home Edition SP2
    > Using Outlook Express I had to send a debug file, "
    > MailWasherPro_debug.txt ".
    > as an attachment.
    > The path for this file is: C:\Documents and Settings\Keith
    > Patrick\Application Data\ MailWasherPro
    > I tried to use the 'Insert attachment', in Outlook Express, but only got
    > as far as the
    > ' Keith Patrick ' folder and discovered that it contained no ' Application
    > Data ' Folder
    > A search for ' MailWasherPro_debug.txt ' confirms the path I listed above
    > to be correct.
    > I would like to know why the ' Application Data ' folder is missing from
    > the
    > ' Keith Patrick ' folder and how to get it back in the ' Application Data
    > '
    > folder
    > Keith

    Thanks Chris,
    I couldn't find a newsgroup relating to WindowsXP Home Edition SP2.
    It is not an Outlook Express problem. It is about an 'Application Data'
    folder that should be in the C:\Documents and Settings\Keith Patrick\folder
    but isn't there.
    ie. C:\Documents and Settings\Keith Patrick\folderie.Application
    Data\MailWasherPro
    A search for ' MailWasherPro_debug.txt ', that should be in the
    'MailWasherPro' folder confirms the path I listed above to be correct.
    Keith

    "Chris H." wrote:

    > Sorry, but you're posting to the wrong newsgroup. This newsgroup supports
    > Microsoft's Broadband Networking hardware and software. You may want to
    > post to an Outlook Express newsgroup.
    > --
    > Chris H.
    > Microsoft Windows MVP/Tablet PC
    > Associate Expert
    >

    > "RedChequer" <RedChequer@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > OS: WindowsXP Home Edition SP2
    > > Using Outlook Express I had to send a debug file, "
    > > MailWasherPro_debug.txt ".
    > > as an attachment.
    > > The path for this file is: C:\Documents and Settings\Keith
    > > Patrick\Application Data\ MailWasherPro
    > > I tried to use the 'Insert attachment', in Outlook Express, but only got
    > > as far as the
    > > ' Keith Patrick ' folder and discovered that it contained no ' Application
    > > Data ' Folder
    > > A search for ' MailWasherPro_debug.txt ' confirms the path I listed above
    > > to be correct.
    > > I would like to know why the ' Application Data ' folder is missing from
    > > the
    > > ' Keith Patrick ' folder and how to get it back in the ' Application Data
    > > '
    > > folder
    > > Keith

    Try posting to microsoft.public.windowsxp.general then. Home and Pro
    editions are basically the same, with only a handful of differences
    --

    > Thanks Chris,
    > I couldn't find a newsgroup relating to WindowsXP Home Edition SP2.
    > It is not an Outlook Express problem. It is about an 'Application Data'
    > folder that should be in the C:\Documents and Settings\Keith
    > Patrick\folder
    > but isn't there.
    > ie. C:\Documents and Settings\Keith Patrick\folderie.Application
    > Data\MailWasherPro
    > A search for ' MailWasherPro_debug.txt ', that should be in the
    > 'MailWasherPro' folder confirms the path I listed above to be correct.
    > Keith
    >
    > "Chris H." wrote:
    >
    >> Sorry, but you're posting to the wrong newsgroup. This newsgroup
    >> supports
    >> Microsoft's Broadband Networking hardware and software. You may want to
    >> post to an Outlook Express newsgroup.
    >> --
    >> Chris H.
    >> Microsoft Windows MVP/Tablet PC
    >> Associate Expert
    >>

    >> "RedChequer" <RedChequer@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >> > OS: WindowsXP Home Edition SP2
    >> > Using Outlook Express I had to send a debug file, "
    >> > MailWasherPro_debug.txt ".
    >> > as an attachment.
    >> > The path for this file is: C:\Documents and Settings\Keith
    >> > Patrick\Application Data\ MailWasherPro
    >> > I tried to use the 'Insert attachment', in Outlook Express, but only
    >> > got
    >> > as far as the
    >> > ' Keith Patrick ' folder and discovered that it contained no '
    >> > Application
    >> > Data ' Folder
    >> > A search for ' MailWasherPro_debug.txt ' confirms the path I listed
    >> > above
    >> > to be correct.
    >> > I would like to know why the ' Application Data ' folder is missing
    >> > from
    >> > the
    >> > ' Keith Patrick ' folder and how to get it back in the ' Application
    >> > Data
    >> > '
    >> > folder
    >> > Keith

    Thanks Chris
    "Chris H." wrote:

    > Try posting to microsoft.public.windowsxp.general then. Home and Pro
    > editions are basically the same, with only a handful of differences
    > --
    > Chris H.
    > Microsoft Windows MVP/Tablet PC
    > Associate Expert
    >

    > "RedChequer" <RedChequer@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > Thanks Chris,
    > > I couldn't find a newsgroup relating to WindowsXP Home Edition SP2.
    > > It is not an Outlook Express problem. It is about an 'Application Data'
    > > folder that should be in the C:\Documents and Settings\Keith
    > > Patrick\folder
    > > but isn't there.
    > > ie. C:\Documents and Settings\Keith Patrick\folderie.Application
    > > Data\MailWasherPro
    > > A search for ' MailWasherPro_debug.txt ', that should be in the
    > > 'MailWasherPro' folder confirms the path I listed above to be correct.
    > > Keith
    > >
    > > "Chris H." wrote:
    > >
    > >> Sorry, but you're posting to the wrong newsgroup. This newsgroup
    > >> supports
    > >> Microsoft's Broadband Networking hardware and software. You may want to
    > >> post to an Outlook Express newsgroup.
    > >> --
    > >> Chris H.
    > >> Microsoft Windows MVP/Tablet PC
    > >> Tablet Creations - http://nicecreations.us/
    > >> Associate Expert
    > >> Expert Zone - www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
    > >>

    > >> "RedChequer" <RedChequer@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

    Chris,
    As I do not use forums I do not know too much abut them
    I tried to re post this letter to the group suggested but I could not find it.
    I selected 'New.> Question then searched " Select a discussion group " but
    microsoft.public.windowsxp.general was not listed.
    Keith
    "Chris H." wrote:

    > Try posting to microsoft.public.windowsxp.general then. Home and Pro
    > editions are basically the same, with only a handful of differences
    > --
    > Chris H.
    > Microsoft Windows MVP/Tablet PC
    > Associate Expert
    >

    > "RedChequer" <RedChequer@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > Thanks Chris,
    > > I couldn't find a newsgroup relating to WindowsXP Home Edition SP2.
    > > It is not an Outlook Express problem. It is about an 'Application Data'
    > > folder that should be in the C:\Documents and Settings\Keith
    > > Patrick\folder
    > > but isn't there.
    > > ie. C:\Documents and Settings\Keith Patrick\folderie.Application
    > > Data\MailWasherPro
    > > A search for ' MailWasherPro_debug.txt ', that should be in the
    > > 'MailWasherPro' folder confirms the path I listed above to be correct.
    > > Keith
    > >
    > > "Chris H." wrote:
    > >
    > >> Sorry, but you're posting to the wrong newsgroup. This newsgroup
    > >> supports
    > >> Microsoft's Broadband Networking hardware and software. You may want to
    > >> post to an Outlook Express newsgroup.
    > >> --
    > >> Chris H.
    > >> Microsoft Windows MVP/Tablet PC
    > >> Tablet Creations - http://nicecreations.us/
    > >> Associate Expert
    > >> Expert Zone - www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
    > >>

    > >> "RedChequer" <RedChequer@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

    Sorry, but I don't use the web-based interface and can't help you there.
    You might try looking through the directory structure. I use Outlook
    Express as my news reader and subscribe to Microsoft's free news server,
    msnews.microsoft.com, for all the Microsoft newsgroups. There's no logon,
    no password and it is available to anyone around the world. The lone
    exception is where NNTP newsgroups are banned by employers for security
    measures (and they want people working). 8-)

    Outlook Express has instructions in Help how to set up News, and it is
    pretty easy to follow. You can do searches, like for "windowsxp" and the
    system will show you just the XP newsgroups. You can also mark all messages
    as read (even if you don't read them) and use Hide Read Messages, never
    having to see them again unless you want to review something. There are
    also rules you can use for messages, including marking you own in a color so
    they're easy to spot, or Watch Conversation which shows you in red each time
    a message for the thread you're watching arrives.
    --

    > Chris,
    > As I do not use forums I do not know too much abut them
    > I tried to re post this letter to the group suggested but I could not find
    > it.
    > I selected 'New.> Question then searched " Select a discussion group "
    > but
    > microsoft.public.windowsxp.general was not listed.
    > Keith
    > "Chris H." wrote:
    >
    >> Try posting to microsoft.public.windowsxp.general then. Home and Pro
    >> editions are basically the same, with only a handful of differences
    >> --
    >> Chris H.
    >> Microsoft Windows MVP/Tablet PC
    >> Associate Expert
    >>

    >> "RedChequer" <RedChequer@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >> > Thanks Chris,
    >> > I couldn't find a newsgroup relating to WindowsXP Home Edition SP2.
    >> > It is not an Outlook Express problem. It is about an 'Application
    >> > Data'
    >> > folder that should be in the C:\Documents and Settings\Keith
    >> > Patrick\folder
    >> > but isn't there.
    >> > ie. C:\Documents and Settings\Keith Patrick\folderie.Application
    >> > Data\MailWasherPro
    >> > A search for ' MailWasherPro_debug.txt ', that should be in the
    >> > 'MailWasherPro' folder confirms the path I listed above to be correct.
    >> > Keith

    tHanks again Chris
    Keith

    "Chris H." wrote:

    > Sorry, but I don't use the web-based interface and can't help you there.
    > You might try looking through the directory structure. I use Outlook
    > Express as my news reader and subscribe to Microsoft's free news server,
    > msnews.microsoft.com, for all the Microsoft newsgroups. There's no logon,
    > no password and it is available to anyone around the world. The lone
    > exception is where NNTP newsgroups are banned by employers for security
    > measures (and they want people working). 8-)
    >
    > Outlook Express has instructions in Help how to set up News, and it is
    > pretty easy to follow. You can do searches, like for "windowsxp" and the
    > system will show you just the XP newsgroups. You can also mark all messages
    > as read (even if you don't read them) and use Hide Read Messages, never
    > having to see them again unless you want to review something. There are
    > also rules you can use for messages, including marking you own in a color so
    > they're easy to spot, or Watch Conversation which shows you in red each time
    > a message for the thread you're watching arrives.
    > --
    > Chris H.
    > Microsoft Windows MVP/Tablet PC
    > Associate Expert
    >

    > "RedChequer" <RedChequer@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > Chris,
    > > As I do not use forums I do not know too much abut them
    > > I tried to re post this letter to the group suggested but I could not find
    > > it.
    > > I selected 'New.> Question then searched " Select a discussion group "
    > > but
    > > microsoft.public.windowsxp.general was not listed.
    > > Keith
    > > "Chris H." wrote:
    > >
    > >> Try posting to microsoft.public.windowsxp.general then. Home and Pro
    > >> editions are basically the same, with only a handful of differences
    > >> --
    > >> Chris H.
    > >> Microsoft Windows MVP/Tablet PC
    > >> Tablet Creations - http://nicecreations.us/
    > >> Associate Expert
    > >> Expert Zone - www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
    > >>

    > >> "RedChequer" <RedChequer@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

  8. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.broadbandnet.hardware (More info?)

    8-) Using a news reader for newsgroups is so much easier.
    --

    > tHanks again Chris
    > Keith
    >
    > "Chris H." wrote:
    >
    >> Sorry, but I don't use the web-based interface and can't help you there.
    >> You might try looking through the directory structure. I use Outlook
    >> Express as my news reader and subscribe to Microsoft's free news server,
    >> msnews.microsoft.com, for all the Microsoft newsgroups. There's no
    >> logon,
    >> no password and it is available to anyone around the world. The lone
    >> exception is where NNTP newsgroups are banned by employers for security
    >> measures (and they want people working). 8-)
    >>
    >> Outlook Express has instructions in Help how to set up News, and it is
    >> pretty easy to follow. You can do searches, like for "windowsxp" and the
    >> system will show you just the XP newsgroups. You can also mark all
    >> messages
    >> as read (even if you don't read them) and use Hide Read Messages, never
    >> having to see them again unless you want to review something. There are
    >> also rules you can use for messages, including marking you own in a color
    >> so
    >> they're easy to spot, or Watch Conversation which shows you in red each
    >> time
    >> a message for the thread you're watching arrives.
    >> --
    >> Chris H.
    >> Microsoft Windows MVP/Tablet PC
    >> Associate Expert
    >>

    >> "RedChequer" <RedChequer@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >> > Chris,
    >> > As I do not use forums I do not know too much abut them
    >> > I tried to re post this letter to the group suggested but I could not
    >> > find
    >> > it.
    >> > I selected 'New.> Question then searched " Select a discussion group "
    >> > but
    >> > microsoft.public.windowsxp.general was not listed.
    >> > Keith

  9. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.broadbandnet.hardware (More info?)

    Just publish to an XP new users group.
    Or join your local Computer Club and practive with Windows Explorer.

    The fact that in Mohammedan law every woman must belong to some man as his
    absolute property - either as a child, a wife, or a concubine - must
    delay the final extinction of slavery until the faith of Islam has ceased to
    be a great power among men.

    Winston Churchill - London, England
    http://www.winstonchurchill.org
    =======================================

    "RedChequer" <RedChequer@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > OS: WindowsXP Home Edition SP2
    > Using Outlook Express I had to send a debug file, "
    > MailWasherPro_debug.txt ".
    > as an attachment.
    > The path for this file is: C:\Documents and Settings\Keith
    > Patrick\Application Data\ MailWasherPro
    > I tried to use the 'Insert attachment', in Outlook Express, but only got
    > as far as the
    > ' Keith Patrick ' folder and discovered that it contained no ' Application
    > Data ' Folder
    > A search for ' MailWasherPro_debug.txt ' confirms the path I listed above
    > to be correct.
    > I would like to know why the ' Application Data ' folder is missing from
    > the
    > ' Keith Patrick ' folder and how to get it back in the ' Application Data
    > '
    > folder
    > Keith

  10. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.broadbandnet.hardware (More info?)

    microsoft.public.windowsxp.newusers

    The fact that in Mohammedan law every woman must belong to some man as his
    absolute property - either as a child, a wife, or a concubine - must
    delay the final extinction of slavery until the faith of Islam has ceased to
    be a great power among men.

    Winston Churchill - London, England
    http://www.winstonchurchill.org
    =======================================

    "RedChequer" <RedChequer@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > OS: WindowsXP Home Edition SP2
    > Using Outlook Express I had to send a debug file, "
    > MailWasherPro_debug.txt ".
    > as an attachment.
    > The path for this file is: C:\Documents and Settings\Keith
    > Patrick\Application Data\ MailWasherPro
    > I tried to use the 'Insert attachment', in Outlook Express, but only got
    > as far as the
    > ' Keith Patrick ' folder and discovered that it contained no ' Application
    > Data ' Folder
    > A search for ' MailWasherPro_debug.txt ' confirms the path I listed above
    > to be correct.
    > I would like to know why the ' Application Data ' folder is missing from
    > the
    > ' Keith Patrick ' folder and how to get it back in the ' Application Data
    > '
    > folder
    > Keith

Routers Outlook Express Debugger Networking