Uninstall XP to recover files?

I upgraded to XP Home from ME. My brain wasn't working and I didn't export
Address Books and E-mails. If I uninstall XP and return to ME, will my files
be there? Could I restore the computer to a previous date in ME to get my
files? Will I screw something up by uninstalling XP and just accept the fact
that my files are gone? Any advice will be helpful. Thanks!

Hi

Please see if the following article helps:

"Mail Folders, Address Book, and E-mail Messages Are Missing After You
Upgrade to Microsoft Windows XP"
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;313055&Product=winxp

--

Will Denny