Compile Error ?

I do have a -Microsoft Visual Basic- window
every time I open (or close) a doc or an excel file saying:

Compile error in hidden module : AutoExec
<ok> <help>

<help> does not help very much !

thanks for your help

regards

You probably have a relic of a macro virus in your template files, like Normal.DOT, or .XLS

--

Mark L. Ferguson (NOT an MS-MVP)
FAQ for MS Antispyware version 1.0.509
"Dorothy" <Dorothy@Oz.com> wrote in message news:03dp61t5bm7vi1kj4cj074ahl321uo33ch@4ax.com...

> I do have a -Microsoft Visual Basic- window
> every time I open (or close) a doc or an excel file saying:
>
> Compile error in hidden module : AutoExec
> <ok> <help>
>
> <help> does not help very much !
>
> thanks for your help
>
> regards

Thanks, indeed I had Normal.dot in Documents and Settings
and some other office unknown stuff.

MS Word and MS Excel are back to normal now

Have a nice day

regards