Laptop Buyers FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Hello, I will be attending college in the fall & am wondering if you could help me and give me advice on the best laptop I should get (since I really don't know much about computers and such).

1. What is your budget?
Between $500 & $600 and down

2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering?
13-15 inches

3. What screen resolution do you want?
I do not know much about screen resolution. But, something that will be adequate enough for me to go on social networking sites, word processor, and such.

4. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop?
Portable Laptop

5. How much battery life do you need?
4 hours & up

6. Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)?
No

7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo/Video editing, Etc.)
Nothing major. Maybe, upload photos to social networking sites and play games online (like scrabble and card games).

8. How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need?
400 to 500gb

9. If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links.
No

10. How long do you want to keep your laptop?
6 years

11. What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ?
CD and DVD ROM

12. Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons.
NO preferences. I just want the best laptop that will fit my needs.

13. What country do you live in?
USA

P.S. I heard that the MacBook Pro was the best laptop one could get. Is there an alternative out there that will fit my price range?

Thank You.

The mac book pro will never be the best laptop one can get. The one advantage that apple has is its unique os for casual work and casual and service to some extent(they do not like people who are DIY who will replace parts without them knowing) but the price on them is never worth the hardware costs compared to the windows counterpart. buying the apple product is all about sleekness, customer service and the OS.

Status
Not open for further replies.