Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Brand new Acer Aspire V3-571G taking far too long to open programs

Last response: in Laptops & Notebooks
Share
July 2, 2012 1:30:50 AM

Hey All,

So just two days ago I purchased an Acer Aspire V3-571G with the following specs:

Intel i7-3610QM (2.3Ghz) Processor
4GB DDR3 ram
750GB HDD
NVIDIA Geforce GT 640M
Running Windows 7 Home Premium

Anywho, I've noticed it takes far too long to open up basic programs. After booting up (which takes around 2-3 minutes) simply opening up microsoft word, or mozilla firefox can take around 1-2 minutes, which seems a bit ridiculous for a brand new laptop, as it takes my 3 year old asus laptop much less time to do the same thing. Also, after eventually opening up the program it is usually left 'Not responding' for another minute or so before i can actually use the program properly. That said, once the program is opened properly it works completely fine.

Is this a matter of missing drivers or something? Or was I just unlucky with the laptop I bought?

Thanks in advance!
a b D Laptop
July 2, 2012 2:28:17 AM

with those specs, i don't see why you'd face any lack of performance in those basic tasks. best case scenario, there's bloatware installed. try to disable some of the services and startup programs through Start > Run> type"msconfig". ignore microsoft, Anti-Virus and Nvidia related services. cross-reference with google to make sure you don't disable something vital in your system if this is your first time.

if this seems all too scary for you, the only other simple way is to buy an OEM of Windows 7 Home Premium and do a fresh re-install, uninstalling any Acer related softwares, like desktop docks, which more likely than not, is the culprit.

if that's not it, run an AV scan.

if that doesn't fix it, then it's likely the hardware. for now, test the RAM. if it comes with a pair of 2GB DDR3, take one out and leave the other in and compare the speed. if it's still sluggish, try again, this time with the other RAM removed, and the one you just took out installed.

if it's not the RAM, then it's the HDD. disk check for errors. if that's not the case, then it's either the motherboard or the CPU.

if this is all too difficult for you, then yes, you can take it to a technician, though i'd at least strictly ask him to install only the basic necessities, and ignore any Acer related software, save for the drivers.
m
0
l
August 17, 2012 7:56:25 AM

I also bought the same Acer but got an additional 4gig ram... it seem to be fine but i also agree, my much older Dell runs circles around the new one.

I am also trying to run a dual boot on it but for some reason my internet is not available the second OS (windows 8)

Any advise!!!
m
0
l
Related resources
August 17, 2012 7:58:06 AM

I also bought the same Acer but got an additional 4gig ram... it seem to be fine but i also agree, my much older Dell runs circles around the new one.

I am also trying to run a dual boot on it but for some reason my internet is not available the second OS (windows 8)

Any advise!!!




omably said:
Hey All,

So just two days ago I purchased an Acer Aspire V3-571G with the following specs:

Intel i7-3610QM (2.3Ghz) Processor
4GB DDR3 ram
750GB HDD
NVIDIA Geforce GT 640M
Running Windows 7 Home Premium

Anywho, I've noticed it takes far too long to open up basic programs. After booting up (which takes around 2-3 minutes) simply opening up microsoft word, or mozilla firefox can take around 1-2 minutes, which seems a bit ridiculous for a brand new laptop, as it takes my 3 year old asus laptop much less time to do the same thing. Also, after eventually opening up the program it is usually left 'Not responding' for another minute or so before i can actually use the program properly. That said, once the program is opened properly it works completely fine.

Is this a matter of missing drivers or something? Or was I just unlucky with the laptop I bought?

Thanks in advance!
m
0
l
September 17, 2012 8:13:16 AM

Come on guys!! I was gonna buy this thing in a few days but now you`ve put me in doubt . On youtube, all of these run fine and even run games on high settings. You could try and upgrade your windows to 7 professional.
m
0
l
November 7, 2012 8:10:52 PM

I also have same laptop. Actually its a problem with low 5200 RPM hard drive. if u change it to SSD which is around $100. then no one can beat your laptop...
m
0
l
November 23, 2013 12:35:52 PM

Will the ssd really help? I bought this laptop 2 days ago but sometimes he's really slow...

1 have 8GB RAM, GeForce 750M, Windows 8, 4702MQ (2.2Ghz), 1TB HDD . Sometimes my mouse is blocked for 5 seconds and I have to waith for a while to open my app/browser,...

Also my internet is really slow, sometimes page can not load... @jimmypate1991

I don't understand what the reason is for this shit...
m
0
l
November 30, 2013 4:54:57 AM

Verhulst said:
Will the ssd really help? I bought this laptop 2 days ago but sometimes he's really slow...

1 have 8GB RAM, GeForce 750M, Windows 8, 4702MQ (2.2Ghz), 1TB HDD . Sometimes my mouse is blocked for 5 seconds and I have to waith for a while to open my app/browser,...

Also my internet is really slow, sometimes page can not load... @jimmypate1991

I don't understand what the reason is for this shit...



I got exactly the same laptop as yours, only that mine is the one with 16 gb of ram and the GeForce GTX760M. It takes like forever to load windows 7 and its drivers (around 2-3 min). Sometimes, my mouse blocks as well for a short ammount of time, usually while browsing the net. Any suggestions?
m
0
l
November 30, 2013 2:07:53 PM

Admyn91 said:
Verhulst said:
Will the ssd really help? I bought this laptop 2 days ago but sometimes he's really slow...

1 have 8GB RAM, GeForce 750M, Windows 8, 4702MQ (2.2Ghz), 1TB HDD . Sometimes my mouse is blocked for 5 seconds and I have to waith for a while to open my app/browser,...

Also my internet is really slow, sometimes page can not load... @jimmypate1991

I don't understand what the reason is for this shit...



I got exactly the same laptop as yours, only that mine is the one with 16 gb of ram and the GeForce GTX760M. It takes like forever to load windows 7 and its drivers (around 2-3 min). Sometimes, my mouse blocks as well for a short ammount of time, usually while browsing the net. Any suggestions?


Still no solution over here. He works but the loading itself is really bad :( 
m
0
l
!