Finding IP adress, sorry it it is wrong section

jacob

Hi i need some help, when i go to the run thing and type in cmd then type in
ipconfig in that menu nothing happens, can u help, it just says incorrerect
promt, or batch file or somehting liek that, and then i tried typing ipconig
into the run thing and a window pops up but then jus closes it self, thanks
for helping guys

As I told you before, the command is ipconfig /all

Tom
"Jacob" <Jacob@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
| Hi i need some help, when i go to the run thing and type in cmd then type
in
| ipconfig in that menu nothing happens, can u help, it just says
incorrerect
| promt, or batch file or somehting liek that, and then i tried typing
ipconig
| into the run thing and a window pops up but then jus closes it self,
thanks
| for helping guys

In news:779F1EDB-DA7C-41E9-9F53-01D71968E47F@microsoft.com,
Jacob <Jacob@discussions.microsoft.com> did some thinking and came up with
these words:
> Hi i need some help, when i go to the run thing and type in cmd then
> type in ipconfig in that menu nothing happens, can u help, it just
> says incorrerect promt, or batch file or somehting liek that, and
> then i tried typing ipconig into the run thing and a window pops up
> but then jus closes it self, thanks for helping guys

What version of Windows are you using? If it is in the Win9x series - try
WINIPCFG /all

--
Ron Bogart {} ô¿ô¬
Associate Expert

Yes, Tom, "ipconfig /all" where "/all" is an option gives detailed
information, but leaving the "/all" off, should at least give the OP his/her
DNS suffix, IP address, Subnet Mask and Default Gateway. So, evidently
something is amiss - I would think possible the path is missing.

OP - at the command prompt, try "%WINDIR%/system32/ipconfig" (without
quotes) - if this works, it sounds as if your PATH environment variable is
messed up - a virus, malware, spyware, etc could have messed with it.

To check the PATH, type at the command prompt "echo %PATH%" (again without
quotes). You should make sure you have at least the following within the
paths listed:
C:\WINDOWS\system32;C:\WINDOWS;

If not, right click on My Computer, select properties, select advanced tab,
click Environment Variables button, go to the bottom group, and scroll to
you find Path, highlight it, select Edit button, and make sure it has:
%SYSTEMROOT%;%SYSTEMROOT%\system32

If not, add it, reboot and command line programs should now work properly.

--

Star Fleet Admiral Q @ your Service!

http://www.google.com
Google is your "Friend"

"Tom Pepper Willett" <tompepper@mvps.org> wrote in message
> As I told you before, the command is ipconfig /all
>
> Tom
> "Jacob" <Jacob@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> | Hi i need some help, when i go to the run thing and type in cmd then
> type
> in
> | ipconfig in that menu nothing happens, can u help, it just says
> incorrerect
> | promt, or batch file or somehting liek that, and then i tried typing
> ipconig
> | into the run thing and a window pops up but then jus closes it self,
> thanks
> | for helping guys

TRENDING THREADS